Z-Plan (All schools not created equal)

jacksoncounty

It was published in the article on the tennessean website, and at the top it said that districts 7 and 8 will be combined for football to make a 9 team region schedule due to lack of football playing schools in the area.

Ah yes, I see it now. You can tell I didn't read it the first time. Districts 11 and 12 will be doing the same thing.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not one of the largest districts. It is TWO Districts combined to make a Mega-Region. You need to check your facts again. The system was to have 16 Districts in 8 Regions. However some Districts are being combined within the Region. It would be fine if everybody in the state was dealt with in the same way. But to pick and choose who gets to play in a 6 team District while others play in a 9 team Region seems unfair. I was just raising the issue to get some discussion going. But you will see what I mean when it comes out. I hope I'm the one surprised.

I just looked at the plan released today, and I was wrong. Sorry for doubting you. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My question is how will these teams be handled as far as playoff qualification? Will the top two from each district still auto-qualify or will only the top two from the entire region?

It just seems like a very awkward way to take care of the problem.

I just looked at the plan released today, and I was wrong. Sorry for doubting you. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My question is how will these teams be handled as far as playoff qualification? Will the top two from each district still auto-qualify or will only the top two from the entire region?

My guess (based not on any inside information, but on how this worked when it happened in the old days) is that it will be the top four from the whole region.

I would say the top 2 from each district, but then I was wrong on them combining the districts as well so who knows.

I would say the top 2 from each district, but then I was wrong on them combining the districts as well so who knows.

You are correct. The top 2 2a teams and the top 2 1A teams from this so called MEGAREGION make the playoffs. I think. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> This won't change Montereys schedule much except we pick up Jackson County and Pickett County. It's tough, but we'll just have to buckle down and drop York and Harriman. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

OK, This will hurt the GOOD TEAMS in the region more than the weak teams. TC's 2 biggest money(gate) games are SC and Macon. Now we won't have an open date to woop up on them boys. And We will get to replace them with Pickett(who might bring 30 fans to a game) and JC (who might bring 50 fans). TC will lose way more gate money than they will save in gas thats for D A M N E D sure. WOO HOO T$$AA I hope some coaches take OFFENSE to this BS. I hope TC beats Pickett and JC by 100 points or more.

Unless I miscounted, there are 9 teams in the Region/District. That's 8 games, leaving two open dates. I've heard that Smith is dropping us though. That's my favorite game of the year. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Unless I miscounted, there are 9 teams in the Region/District. That's 8 games, leaving two open dates. I've heard that Smith is dropping us though. That's my favorite game of the year. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I wouldn't think so. We will need to have 5 more games to schedule. Troutdale County will probably be 1 of those 5 unless Troutdale doesn't want to play a quality team in those 2 non region games!!!