Dobyns Bennett Football

Earlier in this thread skunk3 mentioned what he spoke with Coach Clark about on last weeks radio show. Below is what information he gathered:

Conference

Home-Daniel Boone

Home-David Crockett

Home-Volunteer

Away-Science Hill

Away-Sullivan Central

Away-Sullivan South

Away-Tennessee High

Non-Conference*

?-Sevier County^

?-TBD

?-TBD

Heard today we are going to play Farragut,Sevier County and Knox.Clinton

*2 of the 3 Non-Conference games will be home games.

^Coach Clark mentioned the game with Sevier County could be played in Week 3

The conference schedule is not yet set, due to Sullivan Central??™s appeal to the TSSAA, which was promptly denied, so do not take the above as a weekly game schedule. A finished conference schedule should be out in the coming weeks. Also, skunk3 cited Coach Clark in saying that there is a school willing and wanting to play, but the paperwork was not yet signed so he couldn??™t disclose the school on the radio. Coach Clark said the schedule of Jefferson Co. is full and Knox Bearden is not interested in playing. That leaves the door wide open for Dobyns Bennett to schedule a team anywhere from Nashville east. Again, I will predict the two remaining non-conference games to be a Division II-Class AA private school and a 6A school from the Cookeville/Murfreesboro or Chattanooga area.

We are playing Farragut,Sevier County and Knox.Clinton

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S SO MUCH FUN PLAYING IN THE 2ND AND 3RD ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR, DB SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Oh please South has to play Greenville to get 2 the semis thats really soft, and they should have gotten beat last wk if ME doesnt have a total DobynsBennett meltdown in the 4th qt. Davenport is the most overrated player around here by far, has a really weak arm just throws prayers up to KK every time, Crawford was the best overall QB around here, he just never got to play Unicoi or Boone to pad his stats like Davenport. South is really weak against the run thats why i think Greenville might take them, and just wait till you see #32 next year runnin right down your cocky throats.

that was rebelrebelman, our fearless leader /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Haven't seen him on here this week, must still have a hangover.

There's more than 1 way to have fun at a Rebels game! Nah, I'm joking. I've been extremely busy lately, so the posts have dwindled, but I'll take the fearless leader tag any day. Go rebels!

We are playing Farragut,Sevier County and Knox.Clinton

Are you sure Dobyns Bennett is playing Clinton? Did you mean Knox Central? It seems Knox Central would make more sense, since the Indians have been scrimmaging the Bobcats for a few years now. Clarification please.

Being an Oak Ridge fan I hate to lose you all. Also Clinton is not in Knoxville and would not appreciate it being accused of being in Knoxville.

Agreed. I hate to see you all go too. If Dobyns Bennett is truly playing the lessers of Anderson County, it would seem like beating up on someone's kid sister.