Warren County Lady Pioneers

14pioneers

Girls played hard. L Wilkerson scored a great game, she has made some major improvements since the beginning of the year. Work on your defense and you will be an all-around player. All the girls played hard. I think the Wood girl has done well too the little amount that she plays. What grade is she in? Good luck Friday girls.

The Wood girl is a Junior.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen, but don't look for it to happen

It's a sad situation. Last night's game was a bad, bad scene. Those girls were no more ready to play than anyone else in the stands watching. They were mentally out of it and when they came out after the half, they just stood in a circle and looked at each other with sad faces as if they were saying, "Do we have to do this anymore?" It seems to me they are starving for some attention and teaching but they're just not getting it.

I overheard several of the girls telling their parents they were told by Coach Eades in the locker room they were just stupid and couldn't do anything. It has always been my opinion that a team is a direct reflection of their coach. So what does that tell you if the coach thinks they are stupid?

I also overheard more than one parent say if changes weren't made after this season there will be up to 8 of the current players that will not return next year. Now it's starting to make sense as to why there continues to be such a small number of Seniors in the program.

Sometimes things come to a point that change is necessary in order to move forward with any progress and it seems to me this is where the WC girls program is at now. Regardless of who's related to who or what the situation is as to why someone would want to continue in this environment, this entire athletic program needs an overhaul.

I know all of the parents of those girls and they received an internet copy of the "letter" that has been circulating around the county this past week. The email asks them to respond in agreement or disagreement and every one of them are scared to respond in fear of what may happen to their daughter. I don't know what kind of hold these administrators have on these people but it does not and should not have to be this way. I feel sorry for them all and hope and pray someone with knowledge of the situation, whether it be the school board or director of schools, will stand up and do what's right for these people. No child should ever have to play a sport in this type setting.

It's a sad situation. Last night's game was a bad, bad scene. Those girls were no more ready to play than anyone else in the stands watching. They were mentally out of it and when they came out after the half, they just stood in a circle and looked at each other with sad faces as if they were saying, "Do we have to do this anymore?" It seems to me they are starving for some attention and teaching but they're just not getting it.

I overheard several of the girls telling their parents they were told by Coach Eades in the locker room they were just stupid and couldn't do anything. It has always been my opinion that a team is a direct reflection of their coach. So what does that tell you if the coach thinks they are stupid?

I also overheard more than one parent say if changes weren't made after this season there will be up to 8 of the current players that will not return next year. Now it's starting to make sense as to why there continues to be such a small number of Seniors in the program.

Sometimes things come to a point that change is necessary in order to move forward with any progress and it seems to me this is where the WC girls program is at now. Regardless of who's related to who or what the situation is as to why someone would want to continue in this environment, this entire athletic program needs an overhaul.

I know all of the parents of those girls and they received an internet copy of the "letter" that has been circulating around the county this past week. The email asks them to respond in agreement or disagreement and every one of them are scared to respond in fear of what may happen to their daughter. I don't know what kind of hold these administrators have on these people but it does not and should not have to be this way. I feel sorry for them all and hope and pray someone with knowledge of the situation, whether it be the school board or director of schools, will stand up and do what's right for these people. No child should ever have to play a sport in this type setting.

Very well said, good post. Good luck tuesday against Riverdale! Keep your heads up!!

i wish the people from WC would listen and read what you are saying on this subject. you are not hurting anybody but these young girls. There is a time and place to address this and during the season and on this web sight is not it!Support the kids and when the time is right deal with it!!! I feel sorry for the Girls and you have to wonder why would anybody want to play and represent this community!!!

I agree with what you are saying and it does look bad from the outside, but I don't believe that any of the posts are directed at the girls. I know they are directed at the coaching situation and the reflection of the team because of it. This county loves and supports every player on the team. The program is in very bad shape and the fans, parents, and especially the players are extremely frustrated and they need a place to vent. This is exactly the place to do it. We can't afford to wait until the end of the season and have another year go by with the same results. Parents are afraid to speak out or sign the letter because they don't want it taken out on their player. If you don't think it's true, then you don't know the coach at all. We cannot afford to lose another player or any more support for our program. WC can have a competetive girls basketball program again, but not with the current administration in place. Every parent wants the best for their player in any sport. We should be putting the girls first and not the politics. Everyone is tired of WC basketball being a joke. We have tremendous potential and deserve better. I applaud the people that are brave enough to stand up and try to bring about change. We are 100% behind you. Hang in there Lady Pioneers. This is your time!!

I agree with what you are saying and it does look bad from the outside, but I don't believe that any of the posts are directed at the girls. I know they are directed at the coaching situation and the reflection of the team because of it. This county loves and supports every player on the team. The program is in very bad shape and the fans, parents, and especially the players are extremely frustrated and they need a place to vent. This is exactly the place to do it. We can't afford to wait until the end of the season and have another year go by with the same results. Parents are afraid to speak out or sign the letter because they don't want it taken out on their player. If you don't think it's true, then you don't know the coach at all. We cannot afford to lose another player or any more support for our program. WC can have a competetive girls basketball program again, but not with the current administration in place. Every parent wants the best for their player in any sport. We should be putting the girls first and not the politics. Everyone is tired of WC basketball being a joke. We have tremendous potential and deserve better. I applaud the people that are brave enough to stand up and try to bring about change. We are 100% behind you. Hang in there Lady Pioneers. This is your time!!

I wish the girls and the program the best. I guess you could say the season is over and now would be the time to turn up the heat! i have been reading about a letter that is being passed around, is this true and is there a chance that it could be put on the thread?

I wish the girls and the program the best. I guess you could say the season is over and now would be the time to turn up the heat! i have been reading about a letter that is being passed around, is this true and is there a chance that it could be put on the thread?

There is a letter going around and I have read it. I don't have a copy of it, but someone else may have and be able to post it. However, it is a very long letter with a lot of information in it. Maybe three pages. I hope someone can post it, so everyone can know the whole situation and why WC is so upset with the way things are now. The information in the letter is true and states the facts, but parents are really afraid to put their name on it because of it being held against them and their child. The girls sure don't need anything else against them. Hopefully, someone will come through with a copy on the thread. Stay strong Pioneers!!

There is a letter going around and I have read it. I don't have a copy of it, but someone else may have and be able to post it. However, it is a very long letter with a lot of information in it. Maybe three pages. I hope someone can post it, so everyone can know the whole situation and why WC is so upset with the way things are now. The information in the letter is true and states the facts, but parents are really afraid to put their name on it because of it being held against them and their child. The girls sure don't need anything else against them. Hopefully, someone will come through with a copy on the thread. Stay strong Pioneers!!

Mercy, mercy controversy! I know a coach that always wanted to know what was going on in the teams he played in girls basketball. He liked it when the other teams were in turmoil. Bad chemistry causes a team to give less than their best. Sounds like WC is a victim of controversy. Letters and meetings by interested parents and fans are well meaning in most cases. Coach Eades will not quit the job until she is ready and I believe her brother is the AD...so I don't see him firing her or easing her out some other way. Is there an answer? WC should be better than it is in grils basketball. WC has not been really good since Mike Shockley left several years ago, I believe his team had the last 20 game win season.

The next coach was not able to sustain that success and the program fell into the doldrums of losing. I know what it takes and it is no real secret and I have already expressed that in an earlier post. Turning around a program can be so remarkable; don't give up...there is someone out there that given the time can lead WC to competitive girls basketball. Remember Rick Insell was just looking for a job out of MTSU from Cannon County when he started in Shelbyville. Now he continues to win at MTSU. Remember the old addage, misery loves company, so if you want change go for it.

I cannot believe what I am hearing about this socalled petition. Everyone says it states truths and accuracy about the program at WC, but people will not sign it because(Fill in the Blank). If you have a daughter that is being done so wrong that you cant stand up for what is right then you need to look in a mirror. My problem with the whole petition is this should have been done years ago. Also it seems one family has taken on as it cause to take away the power from the family in charge with the program at WC. I dont believe the people in charge can run a quality program, but that being said the school board members who are trying to make change have used this system to benefit from it. Scrap the whole darn thing. Highschool faculty needs to go, administration needs to go, elementary coaches who are baby sitters because they cant coach need to go, schoolboard members need to go, and the list goes on and on. If you think the change of a couple of people is going to lead our county back to relevance in bball then you need therapy. WC needs a major overhaul and that probably means your nextdoor neighbor needs to leave the program if they are associated with it. There isnt 3-5 people in that system that can help our program bball wise. There isnt 3-5 more in the county as a whole that could help build a winner. There isnt another viable option for any players to turn to besides the WC program unless you move. A MAJOR OVERHAUL IS NEEDED not a new paint job on a 75 model chrysler.

True, I think an out-of-town person with no ties would be a good fit. I always thought the best in the county should be able to play at middle school, just like county kids do with baseball, football, and soccer. If they don't make it, they could go back to play in their own elementary school. Then you could have your best playing together, building chemistry and learning by playing harder competition. The ones that didn't make it, can have more playing time and hopefully develop more skills. Just my 2 cents. I just want these girls to do well, I have said that for years. Some of you may believe me, some not. Good luck with the Lady Warriors tonight!!!