New District 9-AAA

GWAVE1

The season can't get here fast enough. Can't wait to play in this new region with all the locals. Here is my prediction:

1. Gallatin - my boys will own this region! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

2. Hendersonville - lots of returning starters on the line.

3. Mt. Juliet - As always Perry will have them ready to go.

4. Wilson Central - some good athletes here

5. Beech - lost a lot of their starters

6. Lebanon - don't have any info. on them (someone enlighten me)

7. Station Camp - rebuilding year, good future though

8. Portland - will continue to struggle (sorry fellas)

Football is LIFE! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was bored and thought I'd look up some pre-season/early season predictions. I found this one interesting. lol Thought I would share it. :thumb:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The season can't get here fast enough. Can't wait to play in this new region with all the locals. Here is my prediction:

1. Gallatin - my boys will own this region! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

2. Hendersonville - lots of returning starters on the line.

3. Mt. Juliet - As always Perry will have them ready to go.

4. Wilson Central - some good athletes here

5. Beech - lost a lot of their starters

6. Lebanon - don't have any info. on them (someone enlighten me)

7. Station Camp - rebuilding year, good future though

8. Portland - will continue to struggle (sorry fellas)

Football is LIFE! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was bored and thought I'd look up some pre-season/early season predictions. I found this one interesting. lol Thought I would share it. :thumb:

Beech definitely came out of nowhere this year. But you have to admit that he did get 3 out of 4 in the top half and 3 out of 4 in the bottom half. Beech definitely will not be overlooked in 2010. But you won't be alone either....Go Green Wave!

GW1, would you like to share some thoughts on early picks for next year? 1)Beech (2) HHS (3) GHS (4) MJ (5) WC (6)SC (7)LHS (8)PHS

You just hate portland don't you?

Hate is a strong word. Lets see. Your Panthers went winless this past year and you lose several of them starters next year. Did your coach keep the better players on the sidelines because they weren't SR's? Come on man. Get real. You tell me who they are going to beat next year to keep from getting last place.

GW1, would you like to share some thoughts on early picks for next year? 1)Beech (2) HHS (3) GHS (4) MJ (5) WC (6)SC (7)LHS (8)PHS

1. Gallatin-lots of returning linemen (games are won in the trenches) and the skill people should be faster than last years.

2. Beech-loaded at the skill positions

3. Hendersonville- always tough and the Howell kid at Qb could be the player of the district

4. Mt Juliet- Perry is a great coach and they will reload

5. Station Camp- they have some quality young skill people

6. Lebanon- the Maynard kid at Qb needs to have some help

7. Wilson Central- too much turnover but could be better than last year

8. Portland- they are out talented in this district and I am not sold on the choice at head coach

I think this next year could be more of a barnburner than this past year. Gallatin and Beech is a must see matchup next year and both should be highly ranked all year.

Hate is a strong word. Lets see. Your Panthers went winless this past year and you lose several of them starters next year. Did your coach keep the better players on the sidelines because they weren't SR's? Come on man. Get real. You tell me who they are going to beat next year to keep from getting last place.

Im just saying we are returning 8/11 starters on Defense and 5/11 on defense and our jv and freshmen teams did well this year. The Freshmen beat Gallitan, lost to beech by 1. JV beat Gallatin, And almost had Beech as well. Our upcoming talent isn't bad. We are a country school and its hard to win when these are the student numbers...

Portland High School 1072 1072 5A

Station Camp High School 1186 1186 5A

Beech Senior High School 1230 1230 5A

Hendersonville High School 1385 1385 5A

Gallatin High School 1397 1397 5A

Lebanon High School 1544 1544 6A

Wilson Central High School 1628 1628 6A

Mt. Juliet High School 1790 1790 6A

The cut off limit was 1065.

My point is we dont have the student populations you guys do....

Im just saying we are returning 8/11 starters on Defense and 5/11 on defense and our jv and freshmen teams did well this year. The Freshmen beat Gallitan, lost to beech by 1. JV beat Gallatin, And almost had Beech as well. Our upcoming talent isn't bad. We are a country school and its hard to win when these are the student numbers...

My point is we dont have the student populations you guys do....I thought Gallatin's JV were undefeated this year....

Somebody has to be in last place, sorry Portland but in this league you are the ones.

Some things are opinion, some are fact...

Opinion - Portland will finish last

Fact - They really aren't very good

Fact - Portland has some starters returning

Opinion - It doesn't really matter

Fact - 0 for 2009

Opinion - 0 for 2010

Opinion - Bad coaching has landed Portland where they're at currently

Fact - The change didn't help!

I'm still looking for a win on the schedule. If there is one, I don't think it's in the district. Which leads me back to what I have asked more than once... Will 0-20 lead to another change? Will Portland fans finally realize that the problem is not with coaching and that the once football power is now a stepping stone or a graveyard? Stepping stone - win 6 games and someone will offer you a better job. Graveyard - don't know when the next 6 win season is possible (better hope for 1 or 2)

I guess a good comparison would be with Vandy being in the SEC, they can only hope to play the role of spoiler, as that is the only way they impact the league.

My point is we dont have the student populations you guys do....

I agree that you guys got a raw deal by having to compete with these larger schools but how do you explain your losses to Greenbrier and White House? Those would be district games for you if you were playing in 4A.