New District 9-AAA

GWAVE1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well sc doesnt have much next year so thats why im saying that they wont be able to compete.

but if you want to talk about what happened in the past sure talk about it but like i said earlier me and gwave1 will be saying we told ya so come the fall

Again, I am making an observation about a program...I do not support Station Camp, own a bumper sticker, and cuddle up with a bison blanket at night. I just merely stated that I believe they have done a lot in the last couple of years to build a program. Let me ask you this, can you label a team a program based on one year's results? The common sense answer is no, so having established that, it is entirely objective, in an offseason, to look at what has made the program successful from the past such as coaching, strength and conditioning development, scheme, and so forth. You won't be saying to me "I told you so", because my first analysis never said anything about dominating the district...it just said that if SC is taken lightly, they'll beat someone they are not supposed to. Usually, the people that get defensive are the ones who are worried their team might take them lightly...usually.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say, without any dog in the hunt, that Station Camp has earned the right to believe that it can not only compete, but win consistently in this district. They lost to Beech by one point in a game that they had won, the beat Hendersonville in 07, and other than that they have played quality opponents both in the 3A regular season and playoffs. Will it be tough for them? Sure, that is the nature of a good district, but I do not believe for one second that they will be intimidated or completely outmanned (or outcoached for that matter). They'll be right in the thick of things and teams that overlook them will wake up on Saturday with one 'L' they were not planning on.

here it says "win consistently in this district." and then you contradict yourself by saying " they'll beat someone they are not supposed to". now you make it sound like they will just get one maybe two upsets?? so if you stick to what you first said then yes i would say i told you so when they do not win consistantly..but if you go with what you said the second time i wont say it. but i dont know what youre trying to say

here it says "win consistently in this district." and then you contradict yourself by saying " they'll beat someone they are not supposed to". now you make it sound like they will just get one maybe two upsets?? so if you stick to what you first said then yes i would say i told you so when they do not win consistantly..but if you go with what you said the second time i wont say it. but i dont know what youre trying to say

Fair enough...I see Station Camp winning against teams in this district, for lack of a better comparison, as much as they don't. I can see that winning consistently usually donotes an above .500 percentage in the district, and my first comments really extended beyond that into their non-district (although I must say they have some tough opponents there). I can see them developing good rivalries with both counties, and we both know for rivalries to be healthy they'll have to win some of these games. Are they a playoff team next year? I don't know, because in all sincerity I don't follow them (not a closet fan secretly mounting a case). However, will they be a playoff team in this district in the next two to three years, I believe it is just as likely to say yes as the other 5A reps that we know will compete..

Are you and pressman married? How about you guy's kiss and make-up! that would be nice, but gross in more ways than one /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are you and pressman married? How about you guy's kiss and make-up! that would be nice, but gross in more ways than one /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

no but id like to be married to you and spank you week 7 /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

..like last year. i forget how much did hville win by??

was it 32? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Is there any truth ex- Springfield coach has taken a job with Portland.That is the word here.

I also heard through the grapevine at Saturday??™s lift of this. Would it be Coach Campbell or Coach Ofet? With Coach Ofet this would make 3 ex head coaches on the coaching staff. There was also a coach there on Saturday who is the offensive coordinator at a nationally recognized school in South Carolina.

• 2 weeks later...

Move over WAVE. There is a new boss in the county.

Are you saying that SC will be the best of Sumner Co?? Most on here say that Sumner will easily dominate the Wilson Co. teams! If this is the case; then you are saying that SC will win the region. This might be a tall order /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Better be carefull what you predict. This new schedule in 5A-6A does not give you those 5-6 pitty-pat games. It will be tough games week after week after week and then so-on. I would be careful with teams like Mt Juliet, Gallatin, Lebanon, Wilson Central, Hendersonville. They have been in the week to week wars for a long time! It is now a new world for SC; could be a painful adjustment /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />