New District 9-AAA

GWAVE1

The season can't get here fast enough. Can't wait to play in this new region with all the locals. Here is my prediction:

1. Gallatin - my boys will own this region! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

2. Hendersonville - lots of returning starters on the line.

3. Mt. Juliet - As always Perry will have them ready to go.

4. Wilson Central - some good athletes here

5. Beech - lost a lot of their starters

6. Lebanon - don't have any info. on them (someone enlighten me)

7. Station Camp - rebuilding year, good future though

8. Portland - will continue to struggle (sorry fellas)

Football is LIFE! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The season can't get here fast enough. Can't wait to play in this new region with all the locals. Here is my prediction:

1. Gallatin - my boys will own this region! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

2. Hendersonville - lots of returning starters on the line.

3. Mt. Juliet - As always Perry will have them ready to go.

4. Wilson Central - some good athletes here

5. Beech - lost a lot of their starters

6. Lebanon - don't have any info. on them (someone enlighten me)

7. Station Camp - rebuilding year, good future though

8. Portland - will continue to struggle (sorry fellas)

Football is LIFE! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lebanon lost alot talent from last year. I'd pick them 6th also.

Could a coach or someone explain the new play-off setup. Here is what I think I know. Is this correct?

our district:

District 9 has (5) - 5A schools; so there will be (2) auto qualifiers.

District 9 has (3) - 6A schools; so there will be (1) auto qualifier.

District 13 has (1) - 6A school; Is Brighton already in the 2009 play-offs?

further comments

This thing seems screwy to me; I can potentially see some teams with ugly records getting into the state play-offs.

Lets take this scenario..........if my team - Beech beat all the dist 9-5A teams; that would be (4) wins and then if they lost all the 6A games and their out of league games; they would be 4-6 and be the top 5A team in Dist 9; now Hend'ville loses to Beech and wins all other games and is 9-1. Are they the District champ?, but the 2nd to Beech in the play-offs?

I think the TSSAA state play-off set-up has watered down the title of STATE CHAMPION ..............is this the new "NO TEAM LEFT BEHIND" policy??

Could a coach or someone explain the new play-off setup. Here is what I think I know. Is this correct?

our district:

District 9 has (5) - 5A schools; so there will be (2) auto qualifiers.

District 9 has (3) - 6A schools; so there will be (1) auto qualifier.

District 13 has (1) - 6A school; Is Brighton already in the 2009 play-offs?

further comments

This thing seems screwy to me; I can potentially see some teams with ugly records getting into the state play-offs.

Lets take this scenario..........if my team - Beech beat all the dist 9-5A teams; that would be (4) wins and then if they lost all the 6A games and their out of league games; they would be 4-6 and be the top 5A team in Dist 9; now Hend'ville loses to Beech and wins all other games and is 9-1. Are they the District champ?, but the 2nd to Beech in the play-offs?

I think you have to have 2 or more teams to have an automatic qualifier. Therefore Brighton does not get an automatic bid. But I agree wholeheartedly that this system has more than a few flaws. There are gonna be several bugs that will have to be worked out. Main thing is you have to win every game you can. If you don't because of the wildcards you could get left out. This is a really bad system that hopefully the powers that be will reconsider after dealing with it for a couple of years.

I think the TSSAA state play-off set-up has watered down the title of STATE CHAMPION ..............is this the new "NO TEAM LEFT BEHIND" policy??

Lebanon lost alot talent from last year. I'd pick them 6th also.

Thanks for the info. on Lebanon, MJPride. What do you think about the rest of my picks? (other than the fact that you would put MJ above Gallatin) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Thanks for the info. on Lebanon, MJPride. What do you think about the rest of my picks? (other than the fact that you would put MJ above Gallatin) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

1. Bears 2. Greenwave 3. Commandos and would pick the rest of them exactly how you picked them.

Gallatin looked like a team in transition against Riverdale. Looked good against White House. And now had a good Green and Gold game.

Mt Juliet had a good spring.

Beech is all quiet

Station Camp realizing how much they lost

Wilson Central ?

Lebanon wishes the Maynard brothers could come back

Portland can't keep their old coach from causing turmoil

And Hendersonville is still trying to keep Smyrna from scoring

And now all we can do is wait.....

Gallatin looked like a team in transition against Riverdale. Looked good against White House. And now had a good Green and Gold game.

Beech is all quiet

Wilson Central ?

I do not believe it is Portland's old coach causing turmoil. I think it is the current coach who is trying to down play his teams expectations so he "looks" good "if" he wins. Bever is above that as a person. People on here "run down" his name and they do not even know him as a person. From what I know of him, he has never posted on this site nor does he know how to join it. It is a shame that a person who dedicates his personal life to helping young men has to hear about this junk.

I do not believe it is Portland's old coach causing turmoil. I think it is the current coach who is trying to down play his teams expectations so he "looks" good "if" he wins. Bever is above that as a person. People on here "run down" his name and they do not even know him as a person. From what I know of him, he has never posted on this site nor does he know how to join it. It is a shame that a person who dedicates his personal life to helping young men has to hear about this junk.

Before you quote me, I never said it was Bever. Look at the Portland thread, which is what I was referring too.

Beech is all quiet

Wilson Central ?

It would seem to me that Lebanon and WC would come into this league and really be stepping down a level. I think they might be the bullies of the league; they certainly have been playing with a tough group over there in Rutherford Co. and everyone's pick MJ has not beat WC in what 3 or 4 years? If I am the other coaches in this league; I beleive I would look at the two teams very carefully.