Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

With just a few minutes more opportunity to reflect, this is clearly NET's most devastating loss in the history of playoff football. As a Viking fan, that does not necessarily bother me but it is bigger than the normal D-B round one meltdowns - after all, in a strange way we all root for you. For every 40 - 0 third quarter score against all of the county schools, we have hope that the Rebels will represent us and that all of our pain with a playoff advance that does us proud. Since all South (and other schools) expectations all season were around hosting M'ville next week, I cannot imagine anything worse for the Rebels. Or as inexcusable.

I know the kids and parents actually involved in the South football program are devastated. I am sorry.

But, you have really let us down.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With just a few minutes more opportunity to reflect, this is clearly NET's most devastating loss in the history of playoff football. As a Viking fan, that does not necessarily bother me but it is bigger than the normal D-B round one meltdowns - after all, in a strange way we all root for you. For every 40 - 0 third quarter score against all of the county schools, we have hope that the Rebels will represent us and that all of our pain with a playoff advance that does us proud. Since all South (and other schools) expectations all season were around hosting M'ville next week, I cannot imagine anything worse for the Rebels. Or as inexcusable.

I know the kids and parents actually involved in the South football program are devastated. I am sorry.

not real sure but am i reading this post right. are you saying NET should be embarrassed to send Greeneville into battle against Maryville an south should be the ones playing them?

Ok, I've been hearing that this is GHS's 2nd time in the semifinals. I know the other 1 was in Maryville in 2000, but didn't we play at Cleveland in the semi's sometime in the mid 90's like around 1995 or so? That game was about as cold as the one tonight but I was only about 8 years old so I couldn't remember if it was in the semi's or not, but I certainly assume it was the semi's.

As inexcusable as the Viking loss @ Burley perhaps?

First and foremost............ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gratz the the GreeneDevils on the win!

Very well played game by both team, and it was a barn burner as expected. Your Slash QB Hall, cant say enough about him, kid has tons of talent running that ball. We had a great season and have nothing to hang our heads down about, great job Rebs on a wonderful season. Hope you guys dont mind the south gear cause my wife and I will be wearing it as we sit on your home side next week rooting you on against the University or Maryville /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> We all need to show support for the locals, and prove the naysayers that NE TN football is just a speedbump for Maryvile on way to state.

We love you Bradley and are proud of the great memories you gave us all this year!!!

How can you disrespect the great game these boys played by blaming the refs....

You are right barb!

Both teams played hard, Greeneville played a little harder! There was enough mistakes out there to pass around!

Don't tarnish a hard fought game by both teams, I am thankful to been able to watch these fine young men play a GAME they love and play it for that love!

Good luck next week G'ville! Go get'em! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rebs thank you for the great ride! to the seniors you guys will always be champs in the heart of this greatful fan! Good luck in every aspect of life yet to come! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok, I've been hearing that this is GHS's 2nd time in the semifinals. I know the other 1 was in Maryville in 2000, but didn't we play at Cleveland in the semi's sometime in the mid 90's like around 1995 or so? That game was about as cold as the one tonight but I was only about 8 years old so I couldn't remember if it was in the semi's or not, but I certainly assume it was the semi's.

greenevillefootball.com/playoff

woulda, coulda, shoulda, /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

your right you didn't have all your running backs then, but then again we didn't have booby miles (#2) at the time ethier /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> so i guess we will just have wait and see what friday night brings for both teams.

woulda, coulda, shoulda, and i think we DIDA!!!

woulda, coulda, shoulda, /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

your right you didn't have all your running backs then, but then again we didn't have booby miles (#2) at the time ethier /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> so i guess we will just have wait and see what friday night brings for both teams.

woulda, coulda, shoulda, and i think we DIDA!!!

Thanks for the link Kev-O. I can't hardly believe that that game was in the second round! It was about mid 20's from what I remember, but like I said, I was about 8 or 9. I guess playoffs were set up a lot differently back then for us to be playing Cleveland that soon in the playoffs. My bad on thinking it was the semi's.

Or perhaps 2007's FIRST ROUND LOSS TO VOLUNTEER!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />