Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, you think Bud took a cheap shot on Fulmer. I would say Fulmer took a cheap shot on Tennessee. To the tune of what...7 mil. Oh, but no I wouldn't retire gracefully when I knew I was not effective anymore. I tell you what, I'll stay and even renew my contract, make them think that I will turn it around...even allude to another national championship, careful not to make any promises, and then get canned with enough bank to buy a small island. Poor Phil. Our next coach will have to win a National Championship to pay off the debt. That is if we get a new coach. I would say Stacy has a shot at this point. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I'm not the one that said screw you to him, I was just making small talk. I would like to see the Boise State head coach be brought in. I go to school at UT and agree that we're definately hurting right now. We're cutting out majors, but can afford to buy out a $6mill contract? Hmm... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But what do I know

That would rock! But, do you think he would leave?

I would say it was a matter of money. When GQ saw where their money came from his concious made him back out. What do you thing he makes now Bud? 125? With bonuses for the State? What do you think McCurray makes? Maybe 50? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I would say it was a matter of money. When GQ saw where their money came from his concious made him back out. What do you thing he makes now Bud? 125? With bonuses for the State? What do you think McCurray makes? Maybe 50? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I would say GQ make close to or around $100,000 a year with all the extras. Hard to say. I think QB clubs have donors that will kick in from time to time. If I were Maryville, I would not let GQ leave. If I were any other program, I would try to hire him, or copy his mold. That is one thing I don't get about DB and their pee wee, middle school teams. Make them all the same. South seems to grasp this concept better. When DB had a run of semi final games, I think they had a great pop warner in place. Then I heard money or something else as an excuse to the demise of that.

Who knows who the next UT coach will be. I still think we can lure Butch Davis, looks more and more like Bryan Kelly though. And I agree, my dream is to get a job at Maryville and watch that man coach, and then try to go somewhere and blatantly copy him! He's like Coach Taylor on Friday Night Lights or something, I can't believe a College team hasn't offered him some sort of job.

Sorry if that sentiment came through. I did not intend it. G'ville played a great game and is a better team without the original starting QB (Greenway ?). That is a pretty amazing adjustment for a coaching staff and team to make in week 10 of the season. But they will be in hangover mode for a few days this week. M'ville, on the other hand, is a machine.

I hope the Devils end the Red Rebel streak. I just don't think they can.

Coach Mac has coached championship teams before....he knows how to get ready for the big game. Is it possible to get ready for Maryville?I don't know, but these boys will give it all they have on Friday....Hangover? These guys were serving pancakes @ 7:00 am on Saturday after the South game, all talking about getting ready for the Red Rebels.

I would say GQ make close to or around $100,000 a year with all the extras. Hard to say. I think QB clubs have donors that will kick in from time to time. If I were Maryville, I would not let GQ leave. If I were any other program, I would try to hire him, or copy his mold. That is one thing I don't get about DB and their pee wee, middle school teams. Make them all the same. South seems to grasp this concept better. When DB had a run of semi final games, I think they had a great pop warner in place. Then I heard money or something else as an excuse to the demise of that.

Sorry to jump on your thread but I was reading and saw GQ mentioned. Coach Quarles is a huge asset to Maryville in so many ways. Obviously he knows his Xs & Os and understands the game very well. He is a great family man, an example to many young men who play for him. He leads the team through example...no one works harder than him or competes harder whether it is football, golf, or tiddly-winks.

The program that Maryville has in place is incredible. We have coaches that have coached peewees and midgets for over 40 years. They are not just out there coaching their own kids but they have literally coached 2 generations of young football players. They come to every Friday night game to support their former players and the seniors come back to the little Rebs football banquets.

One big asset that many folks overlook is the rest of the coaching staff. GQ has surrounded himself with likeminded coaches who know the game, are great family men, and enjoy working together. There are 3 coaches that have been head coaches in the past and could still be head coaches. There are 3 or 4 other coaches on staff that could be head coaches elsewhere if they choose to go to another school.

We are looking forward to coming to Greeneville to play the Greene Devils. It should be a great game and an incredible atmosphere. See you Friday night.

I have to admit this game will take a bit to get over. To the Devils and their fans a big hearty Congrats! The field and upgrades look amazing. You all did what you needed to do to win this game and I will be pulling hard for you guys to beat Maryville. I am glad to see the series between our two schools continue. There have been some hum dingers played between us over the years and this is just another great game to add to that long list. I had a great time sitting with some Devil fans that were truly classy folk. I hope each team can continue to push each other to get better on the field of play! Also thanks to all the other kind folks that have gave well wishes, especially the DB folk. I say this with sincerity, I also hope that we, the Rebs and Indians can push each other to get better on the field as well and I hope for a new chapter of exciting games and great sportsmanship. Comp has said it in many posts, we need to support each other not tare each other down. Have the intensity to whip each other on the field and the sportsmanship to reach out your hand after it is over. For what it is worth, I really want to say thanks to the Rebel seniors and parents. As a person that loves hs football, you guys sure have made my friday nights alot of fun the last 4 years. Being an older Rebel, 3rd gradutating class from South, we were accustomed early on with fielding competitive teams and I have to say that in the mid ninties and early 2000's I thought we might never see another Rebel team that would or could even come remotely close to what you guys have accomplished. Thank you for your blood, sweat and commitment to South! Comp I have said many times that Taylor was my favorite Rebel, he plays 150% every down. Thank him for me. Mountain Man, Brad played exceptional all year, it has been a joy to watch him! Since you two gentlemen are the only 2 parents that I know that posts on here, I had to say thanks to you guys and hope you stay around. As someone earlier posted, Junior Rebs, start working hard now!! It will pay off next year. Also thanks to Coach Stacy Carter and staff, you guys make us proud as well!! Until next year. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!