Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins (Re-Match)

huskergymnast33

"WilCoFan" watch your words, and choose them carefully, because as this game looms closer on the horizon you will see more & more similarities between it and your INDY showdown last year (if you know what I mean).

THIS IS NOT ABOUT REVENGE FRANKLIN, THIS IS ABOUT DESTINY BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

Even more of a reason that Franklin will come out even more prepared, more focused and more fired up for this game. They won't let the same thing happen two years in a row. And to say that this is not about revenge you must be crazy any game in this rivalry always has some ounce of revenge thrown into it.....

Bwood player your right about these two teams being the best in the state......the other stuff im not so sure about though

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what happens on these boards. Both sides will have articles for the locker room but that is not wins games. If BHS fans are continually being called 'elitist' or 'snobby', maybe there is some truth to it. As a parent, I would work to change the perception.

We all know that those boys go out there and work their tails off to win the game and that none of them go to lose. I have never met a high school football fan who was embarassed of their team because they happen to lose.

As seen by my moniker, I'm behind the REBELS. My prediction: FHS 35 BHS 14

There are many of us who actually work to live in Brentwood specifically so that our children can go to the #1 rated public high school in the state of TN. Check out Newsweek! From academics to sports to the caliber of the families, there is nothing about Brentwood that we can be ashamed of and nothing you say will change that.

That paragraph should end with a "cha-ching!"

Boastful Brentwood-???

Feisty Franklin-???

Boastful Brenwtood??? Over-Confident? Dizzy Dean once said "It aint braggin' if you can do it." Truer words have never been spoken.

Feisty Franklin? When I think of the word "feisty" I think about a team who is scrappy and will fight to win. Nothing about Franklin is "feisty" or "scrappy." A "feisty" team does not give a game away in the fourth quarter. A "feisty" team does not fold-like-a-chair when the region championship is on the line.

Franklin fans will swarm this board name-dropping and talking about revenge, but let me tell you Rebels a few things. Your "poster-boys" #4 , who you all tote as the "best running combo in the state", but those two could not find their way around or through the B-Wood Defensive front, which in turn meant you O-line was not able to push our front-7 around. #9 (Mr football candidate) we saw, and conquered one "Mr. Football" last week.

How can you call Franklin "feisty"??? How is a Defense who could not get off a single block, "feisty"??? How is a Offensive backfield that could not get outside our Defense more "athletic"??? How is an O-line who continually missed blocks, "Feisty"???

When I think about the Franklin Rebels, I think about what they called the Hendersonville Commandos this past weekend..."OVER-RATED"

Boastful Brenwtood??? Over-Confident? Dizzy Dean once said "It aint braggin' if you can do it." Truer words have never been spoken.

Feisty Franklin? When I think of the word "feisty" I think about a team who is scrappy and will fight to win. Nothing about Franklin is "feisty" or "scrappy." A "feisty" team does not give a game away in the fourth quarter. A "feisty" team does not fold-like-a-chair when the region championship is on the line.

Franklin fans will swarm this board name-dropping and talking about revenge, but let me tell you Rebels a few things. Your "poster-boys" #4 , who you all tote as the "best running combo in the state", but those two could not find their way around or through the B-Wood Defensive front, which in turn meant you O-line was not able to push our front-7 around. #9 (Mr football candidate) we saw, and conquered one "Mr. Football" last week.

How can you call Franklin "feisty"??? How is a Defense who could not get off a single block, "feisty"??? How is a Offensive backfield that could not get outside our Defense more "athletic"??? How is an O-line who continually missed blocks, "Feisty"???

When I think about the Franklin Rebels, I think about what they called the Hendersonville Commandos this past weekend..."OVER-RATED"

Thank you very much....This is what we needed.....This will help fuel that fire....Please ...Please...keep talkin...

Brentwood has an outstanding defense, and the offense has a decent run game, and virtually no passing game.

We do not need to pass. We can beat Franklin on the ground. Brentwood will be more than happy to run the ball all over/ around/ through. Brentwood KNOWS they can overwhelm Franklin "one-on-one" "face-to-face" on the ground.

"AmbiguousRock", we do not need to put the ball in the air to win this game. All we need to do is tighten our chin-straps one notch tighter. Because we are coming right for you Franklin.

We do not need to pass. We can beat Franklin on the ground. Brentwood will be more than happy to run the ball all over/ around/ through. Brentwood KNOWS they can overwhelm Franklin "one-on-one" "face-to-face" on the ground.

"AmbiguousRock", we do not need to put the ball in the air to win this game. All we need to do is tighten our chin-straps one notch tighter. Because we are coming right for you Franklin.

Franklin wins.

Those of us at Brentwood fully understand the meaning behind this game. This quarterfinal game has massive implications in the over-all scheme of things. In the past 6 meeting between these teams, Brentwood has won 4 of the 6, and we have only lost once to Franklin on our field. Basically I am telling the Franklin fans, your dear #4, #9, #15, #5 have never witnessed a Franklin victory on Brentwood turf...and this is not the year.

Revenge? While it may be the one word on the Rebels' minds... DESTINY is the word on Brentwood's mind. "WilCoFan" watch your words, and choose them carefully, because as this game looms closer on the horizon you will see more & more similarities between it and your INDY showdown last year (if you know what I mean).

THIS IS NOT ABOUT REVENGE FRANKLIN, THIS IS ABOUT DESTINY BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

The time is near all the rebels will witness victory over Brentwood,BOMBS AWAY

Once again the brentwood o line is gonna manhandle the franklin D-line with a very strong rushing attack.

and i believe franklin might have a few injuries with the d line right now....

brentwood you have a very good team but i think the cougars would have given franklin a better round three...the wrong team is playing on friday.

Once again the brentwood o line is gonna manhandle the franklin D-line with a very strong rushing attack.

and i believe franklin might have a few injuries with the d line right now....

brentwood you have a very good team but i think the cougars would have given franklin a better round three...the wrong team is playing on friday.

[/quote

just like you gave such a great game on Halloween getting beat 35-14 oh yeah that was a way to hang with the Rebels.

Grizzley: I don't know what you think all this is going to accomplish. Why don't you let the boys prove themselves on the field Friday night. No one needs to be calling out individual Franklin players on these boards. It doesn't help at all. We think we're the best, they think they're the best. We'll find out Friday who IS the best. Leave it at that!