Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins (Re-Match)

huskergymnast33

This is always one of my favorite matchups to watch during the year. Mainly because these two always seem to be too evenly matched to preduct an outcome. Basically, anything and everything can happen when these two get together. Overall, it would again appear that these two are evenly matched headed in. I think FHS has a slightly more explosive offense, and Brentwood has a slightly better defense, but both are great on both sides of the ball.

Its games that are this evenly matched in which the little things are really magnified. Finishing blocks, effective tackling, limiting penalties, etc. In games like these, we often see the turnover margin have a huge effect on the outcome. Sometimes its that one extra drive off a fumble or interception that can really turn the direction of the game (as we saw in this game earlier this year). I don't think this game will be any different. The winner of this game will be the team that executes the little things better, and who makes the fewest mistakes.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Brentwood-Franklin!

Uh yeah, so anybody who thinks this is going to be a blowout is wrong. Anybody outside of the realm of either of these two schools obviously has no idea what this rivalry means. Brentwood-Ravenwood rivalry? It's overrated. Brentwood's more concerned about that uber-intimidating power F...and raw camo gear.

So now that that's cleared up, I think it's safe to say that this game is a toss up. It might come down to who has the ball last, it might not. A blowout is out of the question. Oh and I'd like to point out that players from either school getting overly aggressive in this message board is absolutely hilarious. Do something about it...during the game. Quit wasting your time. And as far as "bulletin board" material goes..that's a non-issue. Playing each other is enough motivation. You're lookin' at roughly a 20-17 ball game (determined by whoever wins field position). Unless things get entirely out of hand, which neither coaching staff will let happen.

This is always one of my favorite matchups to watch during the year. Mainly because these two always seem to be too evenly matched to preduct an outcome. Basically, anything and everything can happen when these two get together. Overall, it would again appear that these two are evenly matched headed in. I think FHS has a slightly more explosive offense, and Brentwood has a slightly better defense, but both are great on both sides of the ball.

Its games that are this evenly matched in which the little things are really magnified. Finishing blocks, effective tackling, limiting penalties, etc. In games like these, we often see the turnover margin have a huge effect on the outcome. Sometimes its that one extra drive off a fumble or interception that can really turn the direction of the game (as we saw in this game earlier this year). I don't think this game will be any different. The winner of this game will be the team that executes the little things better, and who makes the fewest mistakes.

100% correct....

Penalties are key in this game...straight up if you get more penalties than the other team in this game you will most likely be fighting to come back...Im sayin most of the time not every time

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hello to my friends in Williamson County! I hope this is a game that will lives up to its billing. I hope the winner continue its success and makes it to Murfreesboro to battle for the title.

Good luck from Smyrna.

I see they are letting that arrested lineman from Smyrna play? What is the story on that Bulldog86?

I see they are letting that arrested lineman from Smyrna play? What is the story on that Bulldog86?

The facts of the case are leaning toward the possibility of the charges being dropped. The young man has a pretty tough home life. A few members of his family have been in a bit of trouble and they are looking into the possibility that he was tied into this by mistake. He is a good young man that has tried to separate himself from his bad situation. His grades have been improving and he is planning to go to collage.

The principal and coach have been briefed on the facts of the case and has made the decision to let him play.

I??™m hoping for the best for this young man.