Who is the best coach in 1A?

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach Kevin Creasy should at least, be Coach of the Year. What he has done with this bunch

is awesome.

Don't kid yourselves. Satterfield is still running the show from behind the scenes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Don't kid yourselves. Satterfield is still running the show from behind the scenes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There will always be those that cling to this uninformed, misguided, viewpoint. This is,

and has been from the get-go, Creasys' team.

Go play basketball, good luck next season.

I agree Trousdale's new coach is also probably a great coach, but he also took over a program that already was very familiar with how to win championships. Some of the best coaches are sometimes guys that do more with less.

While tradition is important, this is the same "program" that barely made the playoffs the past

two years. Same faces, different coach, different approach, and attitude, etc.

Give the guy his due.This is not the same team that started the season. A lot of hard work

went into molding this bunch into what they are now. He has impressed me, & I don't impress

all that easily. A pleasant surprise, at least.

Tony has done so much for Oneida's program...he is one of the best defensive coaches in this area. Even at AC he would have an average defense, but could turn it into something speacial...he knows his football...loves his kids and gives honor where it's do....Pride, Class, Character....man what a great slogan coming from a great coach.

Good luck next week I hope to see a barn burner.

TL is one of the very best at any level. Those that know him on and off the field will agree with me that he is not only a top notch coach, but a good man as well. If you played for him or coached with him he leaves a lasting impression on your life.

TL is one of the very best at any level. Those that know him on and off the field will agree with me that he is not only a top notch coach, but a good man as well. If you played for him or coached with him he leaves a lasting impression on your life.

I agree 100%. I have sat down at the same table evey Sunday with Tony and his family for the past 3 years now and his whole family are like that. Let me tell you this either you don't like them or you love them....and I love em'. Good luck Tony, and staff we are all behind ya. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree that Coach Creasy from TC may have been handed a stacked deck of athletes, but anytime a program changes coaches, it undergoes dissention. Creasy has done a GREAT job of pulling these boys and their talents together as a TEAM. (Not that Satterfield didn't)

And that brings me to my next point. For all those TC football afficiandos who think Clint is still in charge, go to the practice field and watch. You'll have to watch Creasy and his staff, though because Clint won't be there. Yes, I'm sure Creasy has the wisdom to discuss some things with Clint, but the shots are ultimately called by Creasy and his excellent staff. Come on!!!!! Give credit where credit is due!!! He may not have been a head coach long enough to be considered the best in 1A, but he's pretty darn good!!

Man get over it yall lost to a little 1A school again and that is what bothers you. Clint is not the coach and every one knows that.

Well, it's obvious by this thread that there are a few good coaches in 1A.

Tony Lambert at Oneida is doing a good job as is Brent Kilpatrick at Greenback. Shelton (I believe that is his name) from Cosby was mentioned as well as Comer at McKenzie. All are doing good jobs. The coaches at Jo Byrns and Cascade probably deserve more credit than they get outside of their areas also. And Creasy at Trousdale may be the second coming of Clint. Time will tell.

I am of course a little biased towards Vic Grider here in South Pittsburg though. Sure, he has been blessed with talent and has used that talent to win 2 gold footballs. But it hasn't always been talent rich under his watch. The 2000 season was horrible as the Pirates only won 2 games on the field after graduating every starter from the championship team the year before. But he (and his staff) took most of that same bunch of kids from 2000 and got them to the semifinals the very next season. Has he had teams underachieve? Sure, 2003 is probably the best example. If you coach long enough it is going to happen at some point. But he has had teams that overachieved as well. I think he is one of those coaches though that the old quote can apply to: "He can take his'n and beat your'n or he can take your'n and beat his'n."

Reg 2 has some very good coaches. Coach Kilpatrick at Greenback really turned their program around and Coach Henry down in Coalfield. Dang, those boys dug in right in the middle of season going south and fought back. Coach Moser down in Midway is a tough coach to win against and made a huge character call that ALL the boys (at several schools) will remember for a long time. Talk about coaching young men!

My vote would have to be for Tony Lambert. He is the same, all the time. He coaches "being a positive role model", "making good decisions", "finishing what you start"! Those are the lessons that matter. And if football coaching is putting your players in position to make the play, TL is very good at dialing up a defense.

Also, Coach Wright is a great OC. He seems very conservative....don't believe it...he will pull the trigger on the offense faster than you can say "6 points". Also, too....Coach Burchfield stepped in and took the wheel at a very low time in OHS football. He took the heat and keep things rolling until Oneida was blessed with TL.

i am just gonna give my opinion on this, everyone is gonna say why THEIRS'sthebest coach, but here is why i believe Coach Comer for McKenzie deserves to be mentioned...from what i have heard from adults growing up and all my obtained knowledge, the McKenzie Rebel football program was never even close to what it is now. making the playoffs used to be a big deal to us because we would struggle at times to make it there, every since Coach came along, we have not missed the playoffs once. i believe this is around his 10th year. even making the playoffs, we never made it far. back in '01 and '02, we made it to the semi's for the first time in school history. last year, of course, heand his staff coached us to the state championship for the first time. but what impresses me the most is his ability to get the best out of the players. give him a player like Derek Carr (1A Mr. Football Finalist last year) and he will show him leadership. give him a player nobody expects to be good, he'll put him where he can best help the team. He isn't in a class with the best of the best YET until he wins a state championship. i feel if Coach kepps doing what he is doing, that day will come soon.

I have had many disagreements, debates, or aguments with a couple of Mckenzie posters so I would imagine that this post will come as a shock to many people, but I believe that Coach Comer is the coach of the year in 1A. You could make an argument for Coach of the Year in any class. Losing what he lost last year, and doing what he has done this year is impressive. I mean had to change his entire offense in one year. I have to give the man credit for a fine coaching job. I only hope that I don't find out one day that Coach Comer's alias is Butchie. I don't know if I could handle that. Lol. Hey, Butchie even though I don't agree with you on a lot of things, that was a joke. I hope you take it that way.

I'm going with Butchie and the Lake Co coach,Al Pellegrino...Lake Co lost their starting quarterback to Dyersburg before the season began...Lake co has only about 17 players on the roster and did beat McKenzie...All these coaches are deserving..but most have talent galore...have double the number of players that Lake Co has..And Lake Co is in the 3rd round ...with hardly no defense...Kinda like a 3 legged horse...Odds are against Lake Co just about every game but so far they've found a way to win...I can't really go with Coach Comer because McKenzie was picked to win the district....lost to Union City and Lake Co...McKenzie could very well pummel Lake Co this Friday night but still won't diminish what the coach and Lake Co has done this year !