Livingston Academy vs. Clarksville NE (Friday)

Overton County Fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hope they lose the football game if I am going to drive all the way down there. I want to see the best that they have got. Its early in the season I know, but would be a huge boost to LA if the beat CPA with Mason playing. (even if he hasnt been at practice)

Agree 100%. Athletes are athletes practice or not. He would be a factor if he hasn't practiced at all.

I think that CPA will match up very well with Livingston regardless of whether Z plays or not. Junior post Matt Zelenik came off the bench last year as a 6th man and is greatly improved from the offseason. While he is not Z, he is strong inside and has a sweet mid-range jumper that is almost automatic. Also, the team brings back senior guard Will Chapman, who did not attend school last year, but was a starter during his sophomore season. He only adds to the talented backcourt and 3-point shooting that CPA has. Dunn will get his points, but I think CPA has the defensive edge over Livingston and will be able to convert on turnovers. I predict a very close game but give the edge to CPA, and look for Hunter Miller to have a huge game in Z's absence.

I think that CPA will match up very well with Livingston regardless of whether Z plays or not. Junior post Matt Zelenik came off the bench last year as a 6th man and is greatly improved from the offseason. While he is not Z, he is strong inside and has a sweet mid-range jumper that is almost automatic. Also, the team brings back senior guard Will Chapman, who did not attend school last year, but was a starter during his sophomore season. He only adds to the talented backcourt and 3-point shooting that CPA has. Dunn will get his points, but I think CPA has the defensive edge over Livingston and will be able to convert on turnovers. I predict a very close game but give the edge to CPA, and look for Hunter Miller to have a huge game in Z's absence.

After watching both of them play in the playday at Harpeth last weekend, I'm not. LA's guards match up with with CPA's guards and their post is a force. I don't think CPA wins unless Z is there. I know it was a playday and a lot of kids played but I saw Centennial beat CPA pretty handily and LA beat Bolivar by 9. Now if Hunter Miller goes off for about 40 then you might be right. LA looked in mid season form to me last weekend and Dunn is as advertised except 5'-9" might be pushing it. He's lightning quick, can create his own shot and makes the guys around him better and has a nice cast around him. In fact, it looked to me like they went about 10 deep.

It should be a great game.

Coach Melton, call in the dogs..this hunt is over. LA aint got a chance! No need to go to CPA unless you just want a butt whoopin'....Matt said so! Good luck Friday night though /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> !

I've seen both teams play in The Siegel and Harpeth play day. CPA will have to come to play against LA. LA has a deeper bench and plays with more intensity as a whole than CPA. Hunter Miller is the real deal for CPA and their most consistent player. Miller is going to need David Anderson, Will Chapman, Matt Zelnik and the rest of the team to step their game up a notch to beat LA. Has the makings of a great game or could be a long night for CPA if they underestimate LA. JMO.