How does the A-E football team deal with this?

BCsportsfan

While this story did not surprise me I have to say this. It was a non school event so it does not effect their playing status. If they can make it to school on Friday then they get to play. I hate saying that, but I don't think Coach Graham is willing to step up and discipline his players for off field incidents. Then again I also don't think he should either. Its like the kid from Greenville a couple weeks ago that got the DUI. It was not a school related event so he plays. I would expect the coach to man up and talk to these kids about the choices they make in life, but not suspend them from the game. Football is about more then wins or loses, its about character development. These individuals showed they have not learned that from their coaches, which does not surprise me. Keep in mind Coach Graham started over there under a coach (Stevens) that has pushed an opponents coach and pulled a knife on a student. Coaching is about more then wins and loses and its about time that program learned that, teach your kids to overcome the obstacles and be men.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While this story did not surprise me I have to say this. It was a non school event so it does not effect their playing status. If they can make it to school on Friday then they get to play. I hate saying that, but I don't think Coach Graham is willing to step up and discipline his players for off field incidents. Then again I also don't think he should either. Its like the kid from Greenville a couple weeks ago that got the DUI. It was not a school related event so he plays. I would expect the coach to man up and talk to these kids about the choices they make in life, but not suspend them from the game. Football is about more then wins or loses, its about character development. These individuals showed they have not learned that from their coaches, which does not surprise me. Keep in mind Coach Graham started over there under a coach (Stevens) that has pushed an opponents coach and pulled a knife on a student. Coaching is about more then wins and loses and its about time that program learned that, teach your kids to overcome the obstacles and be men.

You made some valueable points at first then you went down hill from there... First of all, Coach Stevens didn't pull a knife on a student he just pulled it out of his pocket...

Graham does handle the bad situations there at AE...

Uh I'm talking football, what you talking about? in other words, I'm claiming victory Friday!!

Good luck Turtle ... hope all the work that the young boys have put in since Aug can pay off .. It will be tough loosing 8 players ... I dont know who they are but Im sure it will impact .... hope the kids at AE that are doing things right for the football team rally and can make a game of it .... it seems sometimes a few can spoil it for all the rest !!!

Good luck Turtle ... hope all the work that the young boys have put in since Aug can pay off .. It will be tough loosing 8 players ... I dont know who they are but Im sure it will impact .... hope the kids at AE that are doing things right for the football team rally and can make a game of it .... it seems sometimes a few can spoil it for all the rest !!!

Thanks TAD a fews years ago a similar situation happen during the summer time do you know what I'm talking about? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But the players are focused and this not going to hold them down.. They're thinking about practicing on Thanksgiving..

Really they were all caught giving away Notre Dame Jerseys, which Catholic thought were there jersey's, and Catholic didn't like it. So they had them arrested for stealing. The AE players had full intention of giving them away.Just kidding.

The next charge will be arresting Coach Graham for impersonating a Coach. And a bad one at that.