How does the A-E football team deal with this?

BCsportsfan

This seems to always happen with blogs. Some guy says one thing, it escalates, and the next thing you know, some Yahoo starts screaming "Communism." Not to belabor the point, but it was 33 in a ring, there's closed-circuit security camera footage, and they were evading arrest. I think there's enough here to arrest with, or it wouldn't have been done. So go ahead and stand by that "Innocent until proven Guilty" mantra, and send a message to the whole community that as long as you haven't been convicted, it's okay to play in a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME. And the next time you read about Travis Henry, Leonard Little, or any other athletes involved in felonies, you won't have to wonder where they came from. They came from YOUR community,Hooters, with your blessing!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are found guilty then you can suspent them, but not before. That aint right unless ur a Russian.

I'll tell you whats not right. When we have young men not having enough respect for what they have worked for to put them self in this type of situation, and it's not just these young men it's all the young men that have not learned to have self disipline when it comes to thier actions. You bring up the Greenback guys, a fine example, that does relate to the fact that kids are very selfish these days, GB players should have not put them self in that situation but, it happen and now they will pay a price, AE players put them self in a bad siuation, there is a price to pay and if cost your team because of it then that is the way it is. Maybe if we would take tougher stands on kids making bad decsions and hold them accountable they will have a bit more respect about conciqunces when not doing the right thing. They may very well be inicent and I hope they are but, we cannot act as if nothing happen they made a choice to be where they were and because of it they are in a mess, hold them accountable for thier actions and make them better young men, because if they are inicent they were hanging with the wrong crowd.

hooters,

Please keep posting, your ridiculous comments are making my day go by alot faster at work.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

He is distracting me from my loads of schoolwork I am attempting to do.

Quote of the year.

It's like who can we blame this on other than the thieves. Let me guess... they were Catholic cops with sons playing on the team.

Hahahaha only Photoman /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I likes that ! LOL

If the AE coach does not consider the stealing enough to keep the players from playing I have a plan.

How about a 100 or so people sneak into the next AE game free. Deny AE the gate receipts that these people would have paid. Don't throw the people out and let them continue to watch the game because they have not been convicted. Would AE be pleased with the loss of revenue?

Or how about a couple hundred people steal a hamburger from the AE concession stand. Again, let them continue to watch the game because they have not been convicted. How would AE feel about the loss of revenue?

High school football is not a right, it is a priviledge. Anything any HS sports player does to diminish that program should be punished. That punishment in this case would be for these players to be terminated from the team.

For every action there is a consequence. To allow these players to play sends the message that as long as they are football players they can continue in their criminal activities. These players are not bright enough to see it any other way.

"Sounds to me like your saying they're guilty without due process. Who needs a trial. let's do like the Old West and have a lynching. But I want to wait before they have their day in court before we say they're guilty. That's the American Way. You've said all these things they've done wrong and haven't heard their side of things. Until then you need to quit believing everything you read. The media and police have been wrong before. There are plenty of cases out there that prove this point."

It sounds like you are a bit confused by what others are saying. Some come off a little harsh, but no one is saying guilty, throw them in jail. In any case where someone commits a crime, rights can be taken away even before a verdict is given. Some are given bails but are told they cannot leave their town. That is a right being taken away during the American process of trials. Not once has anyone said to throw them in jail. But the fact of the matter is, these young men were caught in this act and some evaded. That is breaking the law and until the trial process is finished, rights can still be taken away. The right to represent their program and do something they desire should be taken away, which I'm sure it will be whether it is by the administrators or the coach. Even if it got down to the coach's decision, any coach should know what to do.

However, these boys still need support. They need to know that they made a mistake, they must pay for the mistake, but they are still human and this situation can be fixed. I pray that this situation changes their lives for the better. Play football this year, no...make a difference in the world from this mistake, I hope!

If the AE coach does not consider the stealing enough to keep the players from playing I have a plan.

How about a 100 or so people sneak into the next AE game free. Deny AE the gate receipts that these people would have paid. Don't throw the people out and let them continue to watch the game because they have not been convicted. Would AE be pleased with the loss of revenue?

Or how about a couple hundred people steal a hamburger from the AE concession stand. Again, let them continue to watch the game because they have not been convicted. How would AE feel about the loss of revenue?

High school football is not a right, it is a priviledge. Anything any HS sports player does to diminish that program should be punished. That punishment in this case would be for these players to be terminated from the team.

For every action there is a consequence. To allow these players to play sends the message that as long as they are football players they can continue in their criminal activities. These players are not bright enough to see it any other way.

I take it you never been at an AE game. They really don't sell hamburgers at the games they are famous for their chicken wings... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Also, there's a big hill up top where fans stand and watch the game for free, well they see half of the field but not the whole field...

But seriously though; This did not happen at school therefore the school does not have a say so what happens! Its the parents job to take them off the team and not let them play.. We have to realize this is just HIGH SCHOOL not COLLEGE!

No matter what, AE will be ok come Friday. The players that were involved might or might not have a major impact on the game... See that's what you guys don't get. You don't know who was invovled in the situation you just counting AE out. So what is that saying? AE will play as a team and will be ready to show how a team comes together through a time like this...

Let's GO AE!

I take it you never been at an AE game. They really don't sell hamburgers at the games they are famous for their chicken wings... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Also, there's a big hill up top where fans stand and watch the game for free, well they see half of the field but not the whole field...

But seriously though; This did not happen at school therefore the school does not have a say so what happens! Its the parents job to take them off the team and not let them play.. We have to realize this is just HIGH SCHOOL not COLLEGE!

No matter what, AE will be ok come Friday. The players that were involved might or might not have a major impact on the game... See that's what you guys don't get. You don't know who was invovled in the situation you just counting AE out. So what is that saying? AE will play as a team and will be ready to show how a team comes together through a time like this...

Let's GO AE!

I think your missing the point head ROADRUNNER. Regardless if it happened on school grounds or wherever makes no difference. So your saying just because it's shop lifting it's ok for them to play. What if there had been some sort of shooting and someone was killed would it still be up to the parents or would AE officials step in a do the right thing??? It's not about the crime it's about are you people going to do what's right ???

Let's GO AE!

Surely this coach has rules for behavior for his team and among those is STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. I know we received a written list of infractions from our son's coach that would result in immediate dissmissal from the team and being arrested was near the top.

Let's GO AE!

Turtle, I don't think anyone on any number of the theads discussing this said they were counting A-E out. I did read where a Catholic player said he hopes they play so they don't have an excuse to give when they lose. I think the issues is should they be allowed to play. You are right this is a high school game, however, the coach is a teacher and is suppose to teach these young men life lessons to help them when the go out into the real world. Personally, I would not allow my son to play for a coach who places winning in front of values. Young athletes such as my son look up to coaches and other players. If you ask my son who his favorite football player is he'll tell you Anthony Anderson (A-E/UT) and Harrison Smith (Catholic/Notre Dame) he knew both of them and they were great character young men, who've influenced him in youth football. Athletes (no matter what level they play) are role models whether they know it or not. I feel for Kwayu, I, know him and he has a tough decision ahead of him. I'm sure he'll do what's good for his players, the program and the community.

Besides with all of the athletes you guys stock pile, how can you ever be depleted or counted out. A-E has the most athletes man for man than any high school between Knoxville and the Tri-Cities. Had to sneak one in on you.

"Sounds to me like your saying they're guilty without due process. Who needs a trial. let's do like the Old West and have a lynching. But I want to wait before they have their day in court before we say they're guilty. That's the American Way. You've said all these things they've done wrong and haven't heard their side of things. Until then you need to quit believing everything you read. The media and police have been wrong before. There are plenty of cases out there that prove this point."

It sounds like you are a bit confused by what others are saying. Some come off a little harsh, but no one is saying guilty, throw them in jail. In any case where someone commits a crime, rights can be taken away even before a verdict is given. Some are given bails but are told they cannot leave their town. That is a right being taken away during the American process of trials. Not once has anyone said to throw them in jail. But the fact of the matter is, these young men were caught in this act and some evaded. That is breaking the law and until the trial process is finished, rights can still be taken away. The right to represent their program and do something they desire should be taken away, which I'm sure it will be whether it is by the administrators or the coach. Even if it got down to the coach's decision, any coach should know what to do.

However, these boys still need support. They need to know that they made a mistake, they must pay for the mistake, but they are still human and this situation can be fixed. I pray that this situation changes their lives for the better. Play football this year, no...make a difference in the world from this mistake, I hope!

This may be the most logical post I've read regarding the situation. Would we be having as heated a disscussion if this had happened in Sept? One of the unfortunate things is the timing of the alleged and unquestionable crimes. We are at a position of one and done with a loss. IMO opinion, they should be suspended until this is resolved not kicked off the team until the justice system has had a chance to act. The problem is that it can't be resolved in time for them to be cleared if innocent. Do we sell out and lose a chance to teach a valuable life lesson at the expense of a win?

A-E fans,

Do you think Coach Ross and/or Coach Anderson would have let these guys play, HONESTLY. Those were very successful and classy teams that reflected the value system put in place by the coach. To me it's not a question of guilt or innocence right now. It'd about not respecting your school, teammates, coaches and being willing to jeopardize EVERYONE'S hard work for your own benefit. I might even buy the rationalization that they were stealing because they couldn't afford clothes they needed BUT $33,000.

And to my friend Turtle,

As much as you and Photoman and I have talked trash for the last few years, I must repectfully disagree with your stance on this one. It goes way past stomping on Logos at mid-field and shouting from the fans. i hate that it is going to tarnish what should be a super game. Not matter what happens, who wins or how it plays out there will be an asterick beside this final game between us a region rivals. The kids, coaches and fans deserve better!