Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

I don't know what you are trying to say but Fletcher put up 153 on Maryville last year. I think Hall is capable of that. One thing is for sure...Greenville will not throw the ball on Maryville.

What I'm trying to say is you gotta do both..they will take one or the other away completely. And the other will soon follow.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville will not beat greeneville by 5 TD's!!!!!! Greeneville is not what Maryville thinks they are! We both would have beat south! And in my view Greeneville last year we would have beat Maryville because of our great D! But if your calling Greeneville Niswonger High School, your just mad because we got a guy helping us with a football program! worry about Maryville.......

They are on a different level ..you have no idea whats coming your way. But hey you never know thats why we play the games..I'll be there cheering you guys on anyway /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No offense to Smitty, but he just doesn't have the body size and type to make it to a big time D-1 school. I am not sure what UT sees in Revis. He will be a bust. He doesn't, IMO, have the body to fill out to carry 30-40 more pounds that he needs to be a D-1 lineman.

Smitty is not really speedy enough to be a great defensive end at a top school. Someone said his 40 time was 5.0. That is way too slow for a guy that is only 245 pounds. I don't think that Smitty has the body to put on another 40 pounds and move inside to play DT, and he certainly doesn't have the speed to play MLB. So that leaves him at the position he is at. He will play D-1, but it will be at the D-1AA level rather than D-1A level.

Of course Chris Jordan is going to Air Force (possibly), but that is because he is an outstanding student on top of being a good athlete.

Yeah, but you said in the earlier post that "Maryville has ZERO players that can really compete at the D-1 level." That's what I was responding to - my point was more that Justin WHIPPED an SEC bound OL & can compete at the D-1 level. I agree that he's more likely to end up at a 1AA school - but I think these last few weeks he's shown he's a talented young man.

So, I put forth Smith and Jordan as players that can compete at the D-1 level.

Did you see Maryville's new team bus? GQ heard about the big speed bumps in Greeneville.

classic /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How exactly was that uppity. I just answered the question. I didn't mention Grey Poupon, a Bentley or flying to the game. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Hahaha...ok, uppity wasn't the correct word for that situation. Maybe get your feathers ruffled is a more fitting term, LoL. I in no way think Halls had your number, but at the conclusion of the first quarter the thought crossed my mind. Look foward to seeing you fellers Friday. And I'm pretty sure that if I saw a team roll up in that school bus I would probably just go ahead and forfiet right then and there, haha.

By the way...stars; I know plenty of places to eat around town, I like your antics and might just have to take you out to supper. And oh yea...whoever made the post about us winning last year because of our great D might wana rethink that. Was our D good last year? Yea we were pretty tough. But if's and but's and if Grandma had...well you know how the rest goes, LoL.

By the way...stars; I know plenty of places to eat around town, I like your antics and might just have to take you out to supper.....

Charlie eye hope ewe know whut yore sayin'.......Takin' me out two eat iz vurry nice.....Butt ewe see me and mommaSTARS iz a package deel.....And if 'un ewe taik me she goes two....Haiv ewe allreddy bought yore family a Christmas present?????......Ewe hope so becaws momma at one settin' can kleen out most Christmas savins accounts......Ewe heer thay's a feller up thair in Greenevul wif lots ov Green, no pun intended, and eye'd bet he woodn't wont two taik momma out two eat no moore than a time err too.......momma can eat a feller intwo bankruppsee..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

No offense to Smitty, but he just doesn't have the body size and type to make it to a big time D-1 school. I am not sure what UT sees in Revis. He will be a bust. He doesn't, IMO, have the body to fill out to carry 30-40 more pounds that he needs to be a D-1 lineman.

Smitty is not really speedy enough to be a great defensive end at a top school. Someone said his 40 time was 5.0. That is way too slow for a guy that is only 245 pounds. I don't think that Smitty has the body to put on another 40 pounds and move inside to play DT, and he certainly doesn't have the speed to play MLB. So that leaves him at the position he is at. He will play D-1, but it will be at the D-1AA level rather than D-1A level.

Of course Chris Jordan is going to Air Force (possibly), but that is because he is an outstanding student on top of being a good athlete.

Smitty only runs a 5.0? There's no way. He's got to be faster than that. I've watched him chase down too many plays on the opposite side of the field to believe that. He's a 4.8 at least. Plus, he's smart and has great instincts on the field. It may be somewhere like Conference USA or Sun Belt, but I think he's 1-A material.

Question for all Northeast Tennessee fans. If Maryville beats Greeneville do you then pull for Maryville being East Tennessee? Just wondering.

I suspect an overwhelming majority will say "yes" that they will pull for Maryville to win state. But the truth of the matter is Maryville has worked their way into the position of being a team that most people outside of Maryville can't wait to see them lose. Just the cold, hard facts IMO. But, hey! That's not the worst position to be in.

Smitty only runs a 5.0? There's no way. He's got to be faster than that. I've watched him chase down too many plays on the opposite side of the field to believe that. He's a 4.8 at least. Plus, he's smart and has great instincts on the field. It may be somewhere like Conference USA or Sun Belt, but I think he's 1-A material.

Eye agree Solly......Justin plays wif grait leveridge, smarts, contanemunt, and he iz vurry fizzycull.....