Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

barb , I don't like It when our fans get a little carried away , but geez , do you realize how many times you get attacked when your team has won 73 games in a row ? I've never " predicted " a Maryville win , I think it's plain silly to give the other team more fuel for the fire , but yes most weeks I'm very confident In Maryville getting the win . I think a few fans may still be in the combat mode that was provoked by some Rhea Co. fans last week . But all this said barb , have you not noticed that a few Greenville fans have posted they think Greenville will win , should we call them arrogant too ? It sounds to me like you were just waiting for an excuse to throw the " arrogant " label out there , with Maryville having the past success they have had . No one should judge an entire team or community from a few posts on a discussion board . When Maryville was last defeated in 2003 , our boys and our fans held their heads high , shook the hands of the Morristown west fans and players , and looked them in the eye and congratulated them . Every Maryville fan I knew was pulling for them to win State also .

I wonder how Greenville fans , or any other team's fans would react to the constant whining , griping , and accusations of cheating , and arrogance , If they could trade spots with Maryville . Walk in anothers shoes before you judge , when I think of all the crap I have heard over the last few years , on message boards , radios , and in person , It actually amazes me that every Maryville fan shows any restraint what so ever . All of Maryville's coaches have always wanted to win , but they wanted to win the right way , with CLASS , and they also have always wanted to lose with class too . This didn't just start with with Coach Quarles either , back in the 70's when Maryville won 3 State Championships under Coaches Ted Wilson , Don Story, and Lynn Brown , I still remember how Important It was to these coaches that we conduct ourselves with CLASS .... Win or Lose .

Good luck to Greenville this week , I look forward to coming there , and It looks like you all have a very beautiful field and stadium up there , let's all hope for a great game with no injuries .

Nice post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

barb , I don't like It when our fans get a little carried away , but geez , do you realize how many times you get attacked when your team has won 73 games in a row ? I've never " predicted " a Maryville win , I think it's plain silly to give the other team more fuel for the fire , but yes most weeks I'm very confident In Maryville getting the win . I think a few fans may still be in the combat mode that was provoked by some Rhea Co. fans last week . But all this said barb , have you not noticed that a few Greenville fans have posted they think Greenville will win , should we call them arrogant too ? It sounds to me like you were just waiting for an excuse to throw the " arrogant " label out there , with Maryville having the past success they have had . No one should judge an entire team or community from a few posts on a discussion board . When Maryville was last defeated in 2003 , our boys and our fans held their heads high , shook the hands of the Morristown west fans and players , and looked them in the eye and congratulated them . Every Maryville fan I knew was pulling for them to win State also .

I wonder how Greenville fans , or any other team's fans would react to the constant whining , griping , and accusations of cheating , and arrogance , If they could trade spots with Maryville . Walk in anothers shoes before you judge , when I think of all the crap I have heard over the last few years , on message boards , radios , and in person , It actually amazes me that every Maryville fan shows any restraint what so ever . All of Maryville's coaches have always wanted to win , but they wanted to win the right way , with CLASS , and they also have always wanted to lose with class too . This didn't just start with with Coach Quarles either , back in the 70's when Maryville won 3 State Championships under Coaches Ted Wilson , Don Story, and Lynn Brown , I still remember how Important It was to these coaches that we conduct ourselves with CLASS .... Win or Lose .

Good luck to Greenville this week , I look forward to coming there , and It looks like you all have a very beautiful field and stadium up there , let's all hope for a great game with no injuries .

Great Post and I will say at the South loss last year i talked to probably 4 or 5 players on the Red Rebels after the game and they Showed more sportsmanship and maturity than I had seem from young men in some time, The program is no doubt something to be proud of. I remeber wishing your star TE last year best of luck at UT and I still cant wait to see him play on Saturdays, he was the most well mannered and humble guy Ive talked to in awhile. I wish you nothing but the best and look forward to a great game Saturday in Greeneville, Columbia Blue Supportin the Greene! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think Barb meant anything personal. She's got to be one of Greeneville's biggest fans. I should hope no matter what you read on these boards you will find the Greeeneville faithful Friday night to show as much class as possible, no matter the outcome. One thing to remember also while reading these boards is that GHS has as many folks in Greene County rooting against them as they do for them. IMO, there are a few imposters on here stirring the pot whenever they can. I truly wish these boards would shut down during the playoffs. My three wishes are that Greeneville can do what nobody else has done the past 73 games, that nobody gets hurt, and that Maryville players, coaches, parents and fans will leave Greene County Friday night without the impression that we are all a bunch of backwoods hillbilly's. I know, I know...2 out of 3 won't be that bad either.

Man don't get so freakin testy....I said a few of the rebel posters might be perceived as arrogant, and suddenly I'm attacking the entire team and community....geez all that winning sure has left you thin-skinned. It should be easy to understand how us poor little "speedbumps" might be a little raw but you'd think the great and powerful red rebel fans would have a bit thicker shell. As far as knowing what you poor people have gone through....puullleeeeezzzz. We have taken our share of knocks....search through some of this years Greeneville threads... we have been accused of recruiting, allowing felons to play football, buying an entire program for our school and practically raiding the city coffers to pay for our stadium. And yes, we have our own batch of over-zealous fans who quite often make us all look bad...but most of us do pride ourselves on our ability to refrain from minimizing the eforts of the young men from both sides who take that field on Friday night. Both teams come into this game on Friday, the best of their peers....and whoever wins will represent East Tennessee well in the final game. Greeneville beat 2 very good teams to be here in their last shot at Maryville and we are very proud of them. And yes, I do resent the arrogance of anyone who would disrespect their efforts by calling them "speedbumps" and "potholes".

Man don't get so freakin testy....I said a few of the rebel posters might be perceived as arrogant, and suddenly I'm attacking the entire team and community....geez all that winning sure has left you thin-skinned. It should be easy to understand how us poor little "speedbumps" might be a little raw but you'd think the great and powerful red rebel fans would have a bit thicker shell. As far as knowing what you poor people have gone through....puullleeeeezzzz. We have taken our share of knocks....search through some of this years Greeneville threads... we have been accused of recruiting, allowing felons to play football, buying an entire program for our school and practically raiding the city coffers to pay for our stadium. And yes, we have our own batch of over-zealous fans who quite often make us all look bad...but most of us do pride ourselves on our ability to refrain from minimizing the eforts of the young men from both sides who take that field on Friday night. Both teams come into this game on Friday, the best of their peers....and whoever wins will represent East Tennessee well in the final game. Greeneville beat 2 very good teams to be here in their last shot at Maryville and we are very proud of them. And yes, I do resent the arrogance of anyone who would disrespect their efforts by calling them "speedbumps" and "potholes".

So , I'm the testy and thinskinned one ? Ok Barb , If you took my post as everything directed at you , you were wrong . I can only imagine how you would react If you took as much heat as Maryville does .

..... that Maryville players, coaches, parents and fans will leave Greene County Friday night without the impression that we are all a bunch of backwoods hillbilly's.

Gdevil eye wuz rilly hopin' two me sum ov my kind ov folks up thair...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So , I'm the testy and thinskinned one ? Ok Barb , If you took my post as everything directed at you , you were wrong . I can only imagine how you would react If you took as much heat as Maryville does .

Well lets see...your post started with

"Barb,..." I guess thats about as directed at me as you can get...on the other hand, my post was not necessarily directed at you...and you launched your tirade at me. Forgive me for the lack of sympathy for poor Maryville's predicament....we don't have the luxury of a 73 game winning streak to shield us from criticism.

Well if Mamastars eats as much as you say she does it may just be the dollar menu at Micky D's, haha. And who ever caught onto our secret about letting North Greene suit up and play for us on Friday completely ruined our game plan, LoL. We've been saving them all year for such a special occasion; they are our "secret weapons", haha. Gdevil is right...there is probably more people in Greene County who are against us regaurdless of the magnitude of a game such as this, and it's only gona get worse next year when we start running through them again. I'm really suprised that no one has mentioned Coach Quarles name about going to UT on here. He was offered the TightEnd's job last season was he not?

And BatmanDB...I'm not sure how long it has been since you have been home, but we still have plenty of good ole' boys. If you don't believe me I would be more than happy to take you out to the farm to meet my family, LoL.