Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

It's way too early in the week for us to have already disregarded discussion of the game. Let me throw something out there:

Since 2000, Maryville has faced a team from upper East TN three times in this round of the playoffs:

In 2000, Maryville defeated Greeneville 28-12

In 2004, Maryville defeated Tennessee High 49-0

In 2007, Maryville defeated Sullivan South 48-14

That's a combined total of 125-26. Maryville's lowest scoring output in any single game has exceeded the cumulative score of the three opponents across all the games, but...Prior to each of those games, folks from the NET told us repeatedly that the team we were about to see was on a level like none other we'd ever seen because of how they had run through teams all season long. However, after each of those games, it was clear to MHS fans that we had already seen better teams during the season leading some of us to question the level of competition in Regions 1 & 2.

So, what is different this year?

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people from all over Blount County cheer for Maryville. WB,AHS,HHS & even ALNWICK. This is a forum for peoples OPINION. It just sounds like your taking this way to serious. Maryville 30 Greeneville 13

Again , my post was a response to the issue of the haters... but even if it was a rant so what everyone else rants and pontificates. I just call it like I see it. Some just do not have the stomach or a guilty conscience.

BTW , do I owe you $$$ for your diagnosis ? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The hate is just fuel for the fire. Everyone in MARYVILLE knows and expects classless , off color , disrespectful and hateful comments. When you have the big black "M" on your chest you really cannot expect anything else. Our young men and women handle it very well and the thing about it is that they have done nothing to deserve this hate , except excel at what they do. There a no apologies for this. GO REBELS!!!!!

I have read this over and over but I just can't seem to find anyone in particulars name being mentioned. Anyone elas see anything? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It's way too early in the week for us to have already disregarded discussion of the game. Let me throw something out there:

Since 2000, Maryville has faced a team from upper East TN three times in this round of the playoffs:

That's a combined total of 125-26. Maryville's lowest scoring output in any single game has exceeded the cumulative score of the three opponents across all the games, but...Prior to each of those games, folks from the NET told us repeatedly that the team we were about to see was on a level like none other we'd ever seen because of how they had run through teams all season long. However, after each of those games, it was clear to MHS fans that we had already seen better teams during the season leading some of us to question the level of competition in Regions 1 & 2.

now you are not rantin' you are just factin'.

What is different this year is this: I sent your bus driver directions to the Greeneville stadium. Once he gets off I-40 at exit 287 and realizes he's in Cookeville, it'll be too late...forfeit! Sorry, but all is fair in love and war.

now don't go gettin all uppity there red rebels .... we'll never hear the end of it ! lol .

Is the missus jetting in this weekend for the game ? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What is different this year is this: I sent your bus driver directions to the Greeneville stadium. Once he gets off I-40 at exit 287 and realizes he's in Cookeville, it'll be too late...forfeit! Sorry, but all is fair in love and war.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Since were talking facts....who was the last team to beat Maryville and what conference was the team from?

You might not know it but US 321 is one of the main roads in Murvul. And I know it is one of the main roads in Greenevul. If we stay off those newfangled Interstate Highways and stay on the surface roads I think the team can be there in about 5 hours if the traffic in Townsend, Wears Valley, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Pittman Center, Cosby, Newport, and Parrottsville is not too heavy. Besides I can't give directions to people around here on what exit to take off of I-81 because they don't know how to say or spell Mosheim, as in take the Mosheim exit.

Stars, you had better head out today. Mama Stars will be in hog heaven coming through Sevier County. You'll be stopping for fresh boiled peanuts, funnel cakes, Alf's, Black Bear Jamboree, Comedy Barn, Elvis Impersonators, airbrushed t-shirts, the Dixie Stampede, goofy golf, the big fish tank (no it's not a sea food restaurant), Dolly World, go carts, etc... I'd like to see Mama get into one of those big old ZORB balls and roll around.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />