Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

I can't wait to see what Coach Mac's got up his sleeve for Maryville. He has shown something a little different every game since losing Greenway. I wouldn't mind seeing Quarles a bit more @ QB....I noticed Hall favoring a hand at the end of the South game...nothing lingering I hope. Go Devils /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yep...there's all kinds of things up Mac's sleeves it seems. I agree on Quarles. Wes is such a good athlete and his height really helps him see opportunities on the field, not to mention he has a great arm. That would also allow us to have the very strong 2 back set-up with Hall and Barner. The downside is losing Wes at safety. But, it's nice to have options. After losing Greenway, we have adapted well because of the depth of talent we have and shoot, Hall doesn't have to have a perfect fingers to tuck it in and run all over everybody! If he can't do that, then Barner will out-run everybody, lol and Quarles will hit 1 of 4 or 5 talented receivers. But, in order to do that, we will have to bring our A-game with NO mistakes.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why aren't you listing the 2001 loss to Moristown West in Upper East Tennessee....they are in the same region with Greeneville?

Great question. Thank you for asking.

The reason I didn't list them has something to do with the delineation between what you called "Upper East Tennessee" and what I referred to as "the NET."

I'm not exactly sure what constitutes those geographical regions, although I am vaguely familiar with the TSSAA regions. For the purposes of this analysis I didn't consider Motown West as part of "the NET" because at that time they played a number of Knoxville schools and Maryville during the regular season which considerably strengthened their schedule.

I can't wait to see what Coach Mac's got up his sleeve for Maryville. He has shown something a little different every game since losing Greenway. I wouldn't mind seeing Quarles a bit more @ QB....I noticed Hall favoring a hand at the end of the South game...nothing lingering I hope. Go Devils /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

A trick play?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wow.....there's no way Maryville would ever be ready for one of those. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

(That will be my one uppity snide comment on this thread....sorry, the flesh is weak.)

Good one barb! Morristown beat them and Greeneville played close but it just goes to show once again that the IMAC is underestimated at best and unrecognized at worst. Just like basketball, especially in this situation, it's good to be under the radar. However, I don't think GQ will underestimate any team, just these Maryville posters have that covered. Go DEVILS - slay the Giant!

I can??™t speak to other sports but there is little evidence to lead one to think that regions 1 or 2, 4A or 5A for that matter are near a tough as the other two regions in E TN. When was the last time a NE TN won a State Championship? Morristown West did beat Maryville in the 03 semis. In this game Maryville turned the ball over 7 times and it went into overtime. The game had been moved and played on a field that was in poor condition that did not bode well for that Maryville Team. Maryville lost to a team they should have not lost to in my opinion. They have beat many teams since 03 that should have beat the Rebels soundly looking at stats and other factors. Power houses like Melrose and Hillsboro; Teams that are loaded with D1 & 2 talent. When More West got to the big game they were shut out 21-Zip and never were in the game from the opening whistle. Being at the game I never thought MW had much of a chance because I knew they had played in a weak region. Everyone needs good team to play to make them better.

Look Greenville has my respect; they have earned the right to play in the semi final game for a birth into the 4A State Championship game. This is a historical moment for the Green Devils as they have never been past the 3rd round. They are a proud group of fine hard working young men. I once worked in Greenville myself, great commuinity. But getting over the Maryville hump will be a tough ordeal and this is a huge game. It is a plus for Greenville to play the Rebels at home but the Rebels this year have averaged just 3 points less a game while on the road. The team has always traveled well.

Maryville has a clear track record of winning the big game. They don??™t get much credit for it but they beat teams every year with faster, more athletic and bigger teams every year. Greenville is going up against a team that is really clicking, healthy and focused right now and among the best on defense in the state. The speed bump comment was mine and that is the way I see this game. It was a comment that some might find degrading but these days people get offended over the stupidest things. Maryville will win and the game won't be close.

A trick play?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wow.....there's no way Maryville would ever be ready for one of those. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

(That will be my one uppity snide comment on this thread....sorry, the flesh is weak.)

Macs not big on trick plays, but he's likely to tweak the offense to show some things not seen in previous games.

OK....crawdad are ewe a South Fan???....Stooks dawter iz friends wif my Pups (daughters).....

That would be yes. And I'm glad to hear your pups are picking good friends. I believe you'll enjoy the experience at the new Burley Stadium. Wish we could have hosted you at Death Valley in Kingsport however!

I can??™t speak to other sports but there is little evidence to lead one to think that regions 1 or 2, 4A or 5A for that matter are near a tough as the other two regions in E TN. When was the last time a NE TN won a State Championship? Morristown West did beat Maryville in the 03 semis. In this game Maryville turned the ball over 7 times and it went into overtime. The game had been moved and played on a field that was in poor condition that did not bode well for that Maryville Team. Maryville lost to a team they should have not lost to in my opinion. They have beat many teams since 03 that should have beat the Rebels soundly looking at stats and other factors. Power houses like Melrose and Hillsboro; Teams that are loaded with D1 & 2 talent. When More West got to the big game they were shut out 21-Zip and never were in the game from the opening whistle. Being at the game I never thought MW had much of a chance because I knew they had played in a weak region. Everyone needs good team to play to make them better.

Look Greenville has my respect; they have earned the right to play in the semi final game for a birth into the 4A State Championship game. This is a historical moment for the Green Devils as they have never been past the 3rd round. They are a proud group of fine hard working young men. I once worked in Greenville myself, great commuinity. But getting over the Maryville hump will be a tough ordeal and this is a huge game. It is a plus for Greenville to play the Rebels at home but the Rebels this year have averaged just 3 points less a game while on the road. The team has always traveled well.

Maryville has a clear track record of winning the big game. They don??™t get much credit for it but they beat teams every year with faster, more athletic and bigger teams every year. Greenville is going up against a team that is really clicking, healthy and focused right now and among the best on defense in the state. The speed bump comment was mine and that is the way I see this game. It was a comment that some might find degrading but these days people get offended over the stupidest things. Maryville will win and the game won't be close.

I agree 100% FBE. Just for giggles, would you have made the same assumption had South beat Greeneville? Maybe, but I'm just wondering. Thanks and good luck.

Look Greenville has my respect; they have earned the right to play in the semi final game for a birth into the 4A State Championship game. This is a historical moment for the Green Devils as they have never been past the 3rd round.

FBE eye beeleeve we played GreenEvul in tha 4th round semis in 2000 at Mairvul............

Very well.Morgan is one fine young man who models many qualities I admire! Jarrod looks to be a goodun!

Thair momma iz my first cousin.....We haid planned on comin' up thair and eatin' a cold turkey lag orr 3 if South wood haiv made hit two tha semis...

Family note: Morgan has had many physical struggles for such a young man. We are proud of him and his Christian witness. Jarrod is big and tall and has a great frame. The girls are great kids too. Bob and Allison have done a tremendous job in raising an outstanding family!!!!