Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

You might not know it but US 321 is one of the main roads in Murvul. And I know it is one of the main roads in Greenevul. If we stay off those newfangled Interstate Highways and stay on the surface roads I think the team can be there in about 5 hours if the traffic in Townsend, Wears Valley, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Pittman Center, Cosby, Newport, and Parrottsville is not too heavy. Besides I can't give directions to people around here on what exit to take off of I-81 because they don't know how to say or spell Mosheim, as in take the Mosheim exit.

Stars, you had better head out today. Mama Stars will be in hog heaven coming through Sevier County. You'll be stopping for fresh boiled peanuts, funnel cakes, Alf's, Black Bear Jamboree, Comedy Barn, Elvis Impersonators, airbrushed t-shirts, the Dixie Stampede, goofy golf, the big fish tank (no it's not a sea food restaurant), Dolly World, go carts, etc... I'd like to see Mama get into one of those big old ZORB balls and roll around.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Now there's an idea...FREE funnel cakes and go-kart rides to all Maryville football players, Friday, Nov. 28, starting at 6:00pm. Please be in line by 5:30.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might not know it but US 321 is one of the main roads in Murvul. And I know it is one of the main roads in Greenevul. If we stay off those newfangled Interstate Highways and stay on the surface roads I think the team can be there in about 5 hours if the traffic in Townsend, Wears Valley, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Pittman Center, Cosby, Newport, and Parrottsville is not too heavy. Besides I can't give directions to people around here on what exit to take off of I-81 because they don't know how to say or spell Mosheim, as in take the Mosheim exit.

Stars, you had better head out today. Mama Stars will be in hog heaven coming through Sevier County. You'll be stopping for fresh boiled peanuts, funnel cakes, Alf's, Black Bear Jamboree, Comedy Barn, Elvis Impersonators, airbrushed t-shirts, the Dixie Stampede, goofy golf, the big fish tank (no it's not a sea food restaurant), Dolly World, go carts, etc... I'd like to see Mama get into one of those big old ZORB balls and roll around.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You forgot about the approximately 25 different pancake houses through Sevier Co. too. That alone is worth goin' that way. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Plus, if they get tired and need a place to stay, a lot of them hotels in Pigeon Forge advertise those newfangled fancy "color TVs" that they can watch in the room. I figure it'd be a treat for Mama Stars to live in such luxury.

bee careful with that flirtin Starz , I still remember how MommaStarz used to make a little extry money by wrassling down at the Armory . I believe she would of had no trouble " pile driving " Andre the Giant into the Mat . She shore did look Purdy in her Matching Red & Black Mask & tights ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yeah but can she wrassle in jello or does she prefer gravy

It's way too early in the week for us to have already disregarded discussion of the game. Let me throw something out there:

Since 2000, Maryville has faced a team from upper East TN three times in this round of the playoffs:

In 2000, Maryville defeated Greeneville 28-12

In 2004, Maryville defeated Tennessee High 49-0

In 2007, Maryville defeated Sullivan South 48-14

That's a combined total of 125-26. Maryville's lowest scoring output in any single game has exceeded the cumulative score of the three opponents across all the games, but...Prior to each of those games, folks from the NET told us repeatedly that the team we were about to see was on a level like none other we'd ever seen because of how they had run through teams all season long. However, after each of those games, it was clear to MHS fans that we had already seen better teams during the season leading some of us to question the level of competition in Regions 1 & 2.

So, what is different this year?

I believe if you look, the last two losses the Rebels have on their fantastic record are to the same team which just happens to be from the same region as the Devils. And don't have a clue who has beaten Maryville the most but would guess Alcoa simply because that's probably the team they've played the most.

Red Rebulls sounds like a plann....momma once rassled a bare up thair in Seeveer County....Tha winner got one ov them Brownie's in a cold glass bottull....That bare got pinned faster than tha time Ron Wright pinned Little Toekeyo (3 foot midgett rassler frum Jay-pan who called Ron a nasty naim).....mommaSTARS iz parshull two tha Alvis impersonatoers....momma once throwed her self on one of them inn Gatlenberg.....She missed and nocked ovur all tha lites fer tha show and started a big farr and caught tha Alvis feller on farr.....Aftur seein' that cat daince around momma sed, "Now thairs a hunka hunka burnin' love"..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ......Allsew RR momma haz her own self contained ZORB ball.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As fer as duz momma rassle inn jello orr gravy....Well a little ov both....She put a little gellatin inn her red-eye tha other mornin' and hit iz now her favritt...... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

It's way too early in the week for us to have already disregarded discussion of the game. Let me throw something out there:

Since 2000, Maryville has faced a team from upper East TN three times in this round of the playoffs:

In 2000, Maryville defeated Greeneville 28-12

In 2004, Maryville defeated Tennessee High 49-0

In 2007, Maryville defeated Sullivan South 48-14

That's a combined total of 125-26. Maryville's lowest scoring output in any single game has exceeded the cumulative score of the three opponents across all the games, but...Prior to each of those games, folks from the NET told us repeatedly that the team we were about to see was on a level like none other we'd ever seen because of how they had run through teams all season long. However, after each of those games, it was clear to MHS fans that we had already seen better teams during the season leading some of us to question the level of competition in Regions 1 & 2.

So, what is different this year?

Why aren't you listing the 2001 loss to Moristown West in Upper East Tennessee....they are in the same region with Greeneville?

I don't think Barb meant anything personal. She's got to be one of Greeneville's biggest fans. I should hope no matter what you read on these boards you will find the Greeeneville faithful Friday night to show as much class as possible, no matter the outcome. One thing to remember also while reading these boards is that GHS has as many folks in Greene County rooting against them as they do for them. IMO, there are a few imposters on here stirring the pot whenever they can. I truly wish these boards would shut down during the playoffs. My three wishes are that Greeneville can do what nobody else has done the past 73 games, that nobody gets hurt, and that Maryville players, coaches, parents and fans will leave Greene County Friday night without the impression that we are all a bunch of backwoods hillbilly's. I know, I know...2 out of 3 won't be that bad either.

I'll bet she aint near as big as mamma starz