Greeneville Vs. Maryville

DevilMan03

Ron-i'll be there!!!! i'm gona save my voice for all the "Move them Chains!!!!" and "Let the Kids Play!!!!" i can muster. i posted it this morning on the RCHS thread from last week: I apologize to anybody i offended but the best thing to do is don't sit close to me!! my terminally ill mother has requested that i "root for her!" my fanatical cheering is a vacation away from st. mary's hospice. anybody that knows me, knows that i love murvil!!!!! i alo have a vested interest in the murvil jrs. and srs. due to the fact that i coached them in middle school. as i stated on the other thread the word fan is from fanatic!!! LET"S GET IT ON!!!! GO RED REBELS

Well, at least I know who you are now. Don't worry, I was laughing at you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Question for the Greeneville folks -

I've noticed you guys score a lot of points (30+ a game), but have given up a lot of points in the playoffs (all three teams have scored in the 20s). Good offenses in NET or defense not top notch?

I say that because the best bet I see for Greeneville is to keep it low-scoring.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote a phrase "NO"!

I don't think Greenville up set anyone, I thought they would beat SS. SS was and has been overrated for three seasons now and Greenville is blue collar football. I have great respect for the Green devils, but not this is not their year to beat Maryville. Maryville is rolling and really just took what Rhea gave them. You make a mistake and MHS is going to make you pay.

[/quote

Over rated? Ok, trying to stay focused here.......

GDevils, you will definitely have your work cut out for you but South fans are behind you and hope you end their winning streak. Hope you don't mind a little South fans in blue n red in your stands to cheer you on!

mommas uh good dansur, just make sur ya got ya steel'toad boots on! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If ewe'uns want sum'an good.........try spam frum one uf my custum spam smokurs. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Eye like hit Bee Cee........ /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

it's amazing how we talk about each others teams on here and trash talk some or whatever it maybe...But when it comes down to one team we all stand behind them and root them to a victory...GO DEVILS AND DO WHAT NO OTHER TEAM HAS DONE IN FOUR YEARS BEAT MARYVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE R GHS JUST NOW TURNED INTO WE ARE NET!!!

GO DEVILS!!!

That is what it is supposed to be about. Supporting our kids!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As most know I love to look at numbers, so I looked as some for this game. Someone said Greenville would hang 42 points on Maryville. I noted that Maryville has not had 40 points put on them since 1994, at Cleveland during the Hammontree era by the great Coach Benny Moore, now at Ooltewah.

I always say any given day anyone can beat anybody in any sport. But the numbers and history always causes me to look at the numbers before I make a prediction. This year Greenville is 11-2 and they and Maryville have played no common opponents. Greenville has averaged scoring 33.1 points per game and gave up an average of 23.2 per game. Maryville on the other hand has averaged scoring 34.4 while the defense averages allowing only 8.2 points per game. I don??™t have all the stats for Greenville but Maryville??™s defense during the first three quarters average PA falls to 5.3. Greenville??™s opponents overall record stands at 64-67 where Maryville has played a schedule were the opponents combined records are at 63-72. It would seem MHS as played the weaker record even though they played 2 5A teams who were both 1-9 and one region foe that was also 1-9. I have always thought regions 1 & 2 to be weaker regions than 3-4 in 4A.

If Maryville comes out and plays a mistake limited game they will soundly beat Greenville in front of a huge crowd. I think the score will be 38-8 and Greenville won??™t score in the 1st half.

I hope it is loud and wild with no injuries and both teams play 4 tough quarters of Americas greatest sporting event High School Football. Better get there early.

Does anyone know if the game will be broadcast anywhere from NETN. I know 1470 with George and Smitty will be there, but is there some station that will cover the game from Greenville area? I got family up that way but they won??™t come to the game because of the crowds but would like to listen. You can??™t hear 1470 in all parts of the Blount County!

As most know I love to look at numbers, so I looked as some for this game. Someone said Greenville would hang 42 points on Maryville. I noted that Maryville has not had 40 points put on them since 1994, at Cleveland during the Hammontree era by the great Coach Benny Moore, now at Ooltewah.

I always say any given day anyone can beat anybody in any sport. But the numbers and history always causes me to look at the numbers before I make a prediction. This year Greenville is 11-2 and they and Maryville have played no common opponents. Greenville has averaged scoring 33.1 points per game and gave up an average of 23.2 per game. Maryville on the other hand has averaged scoring 34.4 while the defense averages allowing only 8.2 points per game. I don??™t have all the stats for Greenville but Maryville??™s defense during the first three quarters average PA falls to 5.3. Greenville??™s opponents overall record stands at 64-67 where Maryville has played a schedule were the opponents combined records are at 63-72. It would seem MHS as played the weaker record even though they played 2 5A teams who were both 1-9 and one region foe that was also 1-9. I have always thought regions 1 & 2 to be weaker regions than 3-4 in 4A.

If Maryville comes out and plays a mistake limited game they will soundly beat Greenville in front of a huge crowd. I think the score will be 38-8 and Greenville won??™t score in the 1st half.

I hope it is loud and wild with no injuries and both teams play 4 tough quarters of Americas greatest sporting event High School Football. Better get there early.

Does anyone know if the game will be broadcast anywhere from NETN. I know 1470 with George and Smitty will be there, but is there some station that will cover the game from Greenville area? I got family up that way but they won??™t come to the game because of the crowds but would like to listen. You can??™t hear 1470 in all parts of the Blount County!

Greenevilles station is AM 1340, they have been broadcasting Greeneville games since 1946 and they do a pretty good job at it

Uuuuhhhh...to all but the last 2 paragraphs of your post --because no one really knows until we play the game but I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said in the 2nd to the last paragraph. And the game will definitely be broadcast on WGRV - 1340 AM and possibly 103.1 FM. I'm sure WJHL - Channel 11 will have the highlights on the 11:00 news as well. They did a great job last week and had both coaches michrophoned up, a really neat and unique perspective. The rest of the Tri-Cities media doesn't really care that much for 'lil ole upstart Greeneville (we are technically a 2A school playing up in 3A in most sports and 4A in football who routinely beats the pants off of their larger schools) so I don't know if they will cover anything or not. Wouldn't count on it though. But we are looking forward to Maryville coming to town and the chance to see how we stack up. It will be an "event" for sure!

Oops, I got too windy and Ryan beat me to the broadcast question...but now you have confirmation, lol.

Ron-i'll be there!!!! i'm gona save my voice for all the "Move them Chains!!!!" and "Let the Kids Play!!!!" i can muster. i posted it this morning on the RCHS thread from last week: I apologize to anybody i offended but the best thing to do is don't sit close to me!! my terminally ill mother has requested that i "root for her!" my fanatical cheering is a vacation away from st. mary's hospice. anybody that knows me, knows that i love murvil!!!!! i alo have a vested interest in the murvil jrs. and srs. due to the fact that i coached them in middle school. as i stated on the other thread the word fan is from fanatic!!! LET"S GET IT ON!!!! GO RED REBELS

Coach Spanky....a previous post on the RCHS thread was not referring to you so you have nothing to apologize for. As a matter of fact you were as entertaining as the game. If I would have shut my eyes during the "move them chains" chant I could have sworn Sam Kinison was in attendence.

There is no way that Maryville overlooks Greenville. Coach Quarles does not allow his kids to overlook teams. I've been to this rodeo a couple times before and I have seen pretty much every Maryville game since GQ started as head coach. He has never once allowed Maryville to look past a team. The black swarm will come out focused and ready to play some hard nosed football.

I don't really see how Greenville wins this one. That is no offense to Greenville. I just don't really understand how Maryville is beatable. Maryville probably fumbled the ball a good 6-7 times against Rhea County. RC came up with the ball a good 3-4 times. Despite that Rhea County was only able to capitalize on one Maryville turnover and that came against MHS' second team defense (and Rhea County was helped out by a Maryville defender slipping and falling because the field was 'like playing on hay'). Rhea County did play stingy defense, but Maryville made them pay a couple of times, and once again, were it not for the hayfield surface Maryville probably would have had at least one early touchdown (quarterback had trouble planting and couldn't hit Chris Jordan on a deep throw). Rhea County did pretty much everything right in the game against Maryville. They went toe to toe with them and they forced Maryville into mistakes. Rhea County had fewer mistakes than Maryville did and despite that RC still lost by 20 points.

So I don't know what Greenville can do to beat Maryville. Forcing turnovers doesn't seem to work because Maryville's first team defense is good enough to stop anyone (at least anyone they have played this year). Running the football against the MHS defense will work for a little bit, but they will make you pay eventually. Throwing the ball works from time to time, but once you back them into a corner they will usually get an interception.

I don't know how they do it, but they seem unbeatable. Even when they are beating themselves they do enough to win and win big.

Fellers mommaSTARS sed she haid nevur laffed so hard at a gaim......All Eye can say iz since we aint goin' two haiv no band...We need all tha noise makers we can git..........SO......"Moove Dem Chains"...Coach Spanky........................ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />