Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

Actually it has nothing to do with Paris, TN or West TN at all as I really like both areas very much. Moreso it has to do with if you are qualified to coach at a college level and possibly make more money, it would stand to reason that you would rather do that than coach high school. I'm not saying that they don't choose to coach there it just seems the opposite logic of what one would expect if they are that qualified. To answer your question: because I was born and raised in Nashville, TN and I don't dislike living here enough to move at the current time.

I hesitantly decided to answer your question about my reasoning....As an HHS fan, I favor HHS coaching and players and wouldn't trade them for anyone else in the state. I just believe in their capabilities that much. Maybe that is a bit irrational and nieve, but that is my opinion whether HHS wins on friday or loses 63-0. Also, I tend to think that I am not the only one who thinks like that either, but then again maybe I am. Of course, I don't think my bias is unfounded either.

However, I don't really have anything more to contribute to this thread as we have already discussed strengths and weaknesses for each team, we touched on the best athletes for each team, we touched on coaching staffs, and we've basically touched on everything in between, so I will sit back and enjoy the holiday and wait anxiously for the game to take place on friday. Have a safe trip Henry County folks! I am looking forward to an exciting game for the right to likely play Maryville for the 4A State Championship one final time!

BB

"it just seems the opposite logic of what one would expect if they are that qualified"

I believe I am extremely qualified to do my job, logic would hold I should have a higher salary, for some reason I don't, may have something to do with living in HenryLand instead of Big Lights Big City where I used to work! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Marcellis Teagues highlights on Unapproved Website My gosh that young man is quick. Are there any video highlights of Henry County games?

Howdy Rebelron! It seems that there is not much footage floating around from this years team. But you found Teague, and there is also some clips on #34 Allen. Maybe if we both prevail this Friday, there will be plenty of video footage floating around Blount County!

However, I don't really have anything more to contribute to this thread as we have already discussed strengths and weaknesses for each team, we touched on the best athletes for each team, we touched on coaching staffs, and we've basically touched on everything in between, so I will sit back and enjoy the holiday and wait anxiously for the game to take place on friday. Have a safe trip Henry County folks! I am looking forward to an exciting game for the right to likely play Maryville for the 4A State Championship one final time!

C'mon BurroBall, its only Tuesday and you guys were looking forward to having a thread reach 100 posts! We can hash this stuff over and over for at least two more days. Maybe even beat a dead horse or two... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

C'mon BurroBall, its only Tuesday and you guys were looking forward to having a thread reach 100 posts! We can hash this stuff over and over for at least two more days. Maybe even beat a dead horse or two... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just looked at the Mckenzie-Jo Byrns thread over in 1A-2A-3A, and it's up to 33 pages, guess were just slackin'!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Howdy Rebelron! It seems that there is not much footage floating around from this years team. But you found Teague, and there is also some clips on #34 Allen. Maybe if we both prevail this Friday, there will be plenty of video footage floating around Blount County!

YOU DON'T THINK WE RAN BURROBALL OFF THAT QUICK DO YOU. BURRO HAS MADE SOME VERY VALID POINTS, IT WOULD BE A SHAME THAT THEY WOULD GIVE UP THAT EASY. C'MON THERE IS MORE HASHING OUT THAT CAN BE DONE. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> JW

Just looked at the Mckenzie-Jo Byrns thread over in 1A-2A-3A, and it's up to 33 pages, guess were just slackin'!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Not really. When you take out all of the chatting that they do that has nothing to do with anything then this thread is ahead. Trust me. Some of those guys carry on conversations that just make you scratch your head.

Not really. When you take out all of the chatting that they do that has nothing to do with anything then this thread is ahead. Trust me. Some of those guys carry on conversations that just make you scratch your head.

That's why I've been checking it out. I had to clean out my computer though, getting pretty deep over there.

This has nothing to do with the game this week....Henry County is currently ranked number 57 in the country, up from 60 last week...Maryville is currently ranked number 84 in the country, down from 62 last week. The pressure is really on Henry County...I hope they can pull it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get caught up in those rankings too much. Maryville was in the 50's and dropped about 30 spots without losing. They beat Rhea last week 28-6? and fell 20 spots while HC won by 2 and moved up. Granted Melrose is better than Rhea probably, but those rankings are so flawed it isn't even funny. Heck, Maryville is #19 on ESPN rankings.

MAYBE BOTH! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> JW

Well JW, to answer your question....yes I am kin to her.... I am married to her I believe. Meanwhile....back to what matters.....anyone happen to catch practice today? I heard coach was being the "master motivator" today that makes him the "man" he is....

There is also a new shopping center a few blocks down from the Green Hills Mall called The Hill Center. Has a lot of upscale stores. It is not a mall but an outdoor shopping center. Some of the stores located there are Anthropologie, West Elm, Whole Foods, Pei Wei, and many others.

Oops, this is not a shopping chat site, so, let me get back to football.

I was at the HC vs HHS football game in 2006. I really enjoyed my visit to HC. I loved the atmosphere with the tailgating, the radio broadcast, and the way the fans supported the football team. I know you will be in Nashville in full force and I can't wait to watch what should be a very exciting football game.

GO BURROS!!!!

i thought whole foods closed and trader joe's opened? actually i'm very sure of it.

well, unlike that 2006 game, this HC team is different. they're on a ROLL and not ready to stop anytime soon!

i thought whole foods closed and trader joe's opened? actually i'm very sure of it.

well, unlike that 2006 game, this HC team is different. they're on a ROLL and not ready to stop anytime soon!

trader joe's replaced wild oats. whole foods is still pretty new, a block or 2 down the street. nonetheless, they are all the same type of trendy, "organic" type groceries... theyre all the same to me. im still a fan of kroger, lighter on the wallet.

When I compared players it wasn't taken very nicely, but if you insist on my reasoning:

Reason #1 Scott Blade (former all-conference LB at San Diego State alongside NFL Hall of Famers Marshall Faulk and Adam Vinateri) Has coached at both the Community College and high school levels in California and has a State championship ring from time coaching at Canyon high school in Santa Clarita,California.

Reason #2 Kelly Myers (former OL- at Austin Peay)

Reason #3 Kevin Komisar (former LB at Alabama)

Reason #4 Charles Gillespie (former OL at UTK)

Reason #5 Alvin Fite (former 4A Defensive Player of the Year TN and two time all-state at HHS and former LB at MTSU)

Reason #6 Bryson Rosser (former two-time state champion in high school in NJ and former QB at TSU)

Personally, I really don't care how many rings or whatever HC has between them because I'm sure they have a great coaching staff(have to in order for HC to what they've done). However, I have the utmost confidence in the HHS coaching staff and they can coach with the best of them. I have no doubt about that.

If you are offended by my believing HHS has an edge in coaching staff please forgive me. I'm sure you feel HC has the advantage as well. I'm not going to dispute your belief though. If HC has former NFL super bowl winners on their coaching staff then why in tarnation are they assistant football coaches at Henry County high school in Paris, TN. They should be either head coaches at high schools or probably more appropriately at least assistant coaches at various college levels I would think. Are they all former Henry County football players or something? Sheesh!

Dude, first off California DOES NOT recognize State Champions in football. The CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) ONLY awards sectional winners! Since what you believe to be facts are so ridiculous...........you don't deserve an answer on why our Super Bowl winner CHOOSES to live in Henry County!

Dude, first off California DOES NOT recognize State Champions in football. The CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) ONLY awards sectional winners! Since what you believe to be facts are so ridiculous...........you don't deserve an answer on why our Super Bowl winner CHOOSES to live in Henry County!

Califonia does have sectional champs but they have in the past went on and played them out, Blade coach in a game like that and won. It doesn't what does is what the kids do Friday.