Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

Also wanted to say Thanks to the Alcoa folks... Yall have a great place there and everyone was real nice.... Your visitor side is very nice..... Congrads to both teams... Great game...... even if we didnt win... GO WARRIORS>>>>> and yes class of 2009 your brought football back to MC....Want to tell my son, Tae, hold your head up.... good game.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one don't mind lining up and running right at people. Didn't it work? Nothing takes the fight out of a team like lining up and running straight at them and being successful. Plus, I thought it was obvious that we needed to keep the Marion County offense off the field. Just my two cents. Congratulations to Marion County on a great season.

Good post. I thought it worked real well. When we ran the ball right at them we picked up 4 to 5 yards each carry. Last time I checked 3X4 yards=12 yards = FIRST DOWN. Of course I am very biased as I am an old offensive lineman and love the smash mouth ground game burning up the clock as you march.

Despite all the negativity from our fans here so far, the fact is our offense scored 30 points against a good team defense. We kept pounding on the rock and the rock broke. Good old fashioned smash mouth football game. Loved it. Nuff said.

Despite all the negativity from our fans here so far, the fact is our offense scored 30 points against a good team defense. We kept pounding on the rock and the rock broke. Good old fashioned smash mouth football game. Loved it. Nuff said.

As far as I'm concerned, that statement about sums this game up as succiently as possible. Ya'lls rocks were bigger than ours.........a lot bigger. Marion players know how I feel about them and the effort they gave tonight; telling Alcoa good luck is a waste of bytes. They don't need it. Thanks to both teams for the show tonight.

I saw the bridge. You misspelled Marion.

As far as I'm concerned, that statement about sums this game up as succiently as possible. Ya'lls rocks were bigger than ours.........a lot bigger. Marion players know how I feel about them and the effort they gave tonight; telling Alcoa good luck is a waste of bytes. They don't need it. Thanks to both teams for the show tonight.

CONGRATS to Marion on a great season again. They played a very good game tonight. Good luck in the future. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CONGRATS to Marion on a great season again. They played a very good game tonight. Good luck in the future. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would also like to say congrats to the Warriors. For 40 minutes you went toe to toe with probably one of the top five teams in the state, reguardless of classification, and noone in region 4 or anywhere else in the state can tell you that you didn't belong. Unfortunatly the game is played for 48 minutes. Just like Boyd last week, we had a few turnovers that changed the game. After that first quick score by the tornadoes, yall could have quit, but you bowed your neck and hit them harder. Lots of big hits tonight for both teams. Alcoa and Marion showed lots of class tonight, players helping one another up after tackles and such. My hats off to Alcoa, you were the better team, no question, but little ole marion hung around nearly all game. #3 for Alcoa was the best player on the field tonight, along with #89, both wonderful players. Great adjustment by coach Boeck getting mismatches on the perimeter with the pass and the jet sweep(never thought I would say that). Also, it surprised me that Alcoa couldn't run on the outside on Marion.......someone said Marion was really slow, but Alcoa did dominate the line of scrimmage most of the night. Marion, your heart showed tonight, and to you seniors, I feel bad for yall but hold your head high because you were responsible for the revival of Mariion County Football. For the rest, another offseason like this last one, and we should be in the running for the gold in 2A next year. Good luck to Alcoa next week!!!

Marion County hold your heads high you took the 1 of the top football teams in the State to 4 Qtrs you have nothing to be upset about the seniors will be missed but Marion will be returning Brocks and Wells .I hope its hurts and frustrates you to the point were you will say We can do this again next year . I expect a STRONG STRONG year from Marion County next year untill then /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Keep your heads up /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to MC for a well-played game!

thetruthprevails mentioned that he was surprised that we couldn't get the run going to the outside; it didn't look to me that we were doing that. We kept going up the gut. there may have been a couple of times they took it outside, but not as many as we're used to seeing.

The article in the times free press:

"they're actually better than I thought they were after seeing them on film." This is exactly what we hear after games when teams come in thinking they're going to run all over us. Kudos to the warriors; they kept their heads in after our first td; i really thought if we scored on that first drive we'd have have it easy. was a little worried when we were only up by 3 at halftime.

"had given up just five TDs all season ,only one on its home field." We actually had given up 2 on our home field; both to CAK.

Again, congrats to Marion County on a good season. Spoke with some very nice fans as they were leaving who wished us luck next week. Didn't really get to interact with anyone else, but those men represented your fan base well. Hate that we won't have a chance to meet next year since we'll be 3A and you will be 2A in the playoffs. Best of luck to you! Since you are a young team, I could definitely see you getting at least this far next year if the quality of play keeps up to this level.

Well here it goes, Its time to reveal myself even those most already know. #11 Chris Martin wants to tell all the fans thank you for the wonderful support. I am very thankful for all of the fans. You all bring alot to the games and some much needed enthusiasm and fire to the program. Now to my teammates i love everyone of yall and it was an honor to play my Senior year with all of you fine young men. It has been the best year of my life. Now for the Alcoa players...Yall are very tough and played hard, very fast defense. I got pretty upset when the coaches kept trying to score when it was 30-14 with 18 seconds to go. Well im proud of the defense for stopping them. Yall wanted a game and got one. Great year boys i love all of yall!!!!

The Great Martinez

Class of 09 We brought Marion County Football Back!!!!!

Like he said we played them very hard for most of the game. We just made to many mistakes to win. A play here or there and it could have been a different story. Anyway congrats to Alcoa for playing a great game. I wasn't very happy with their coach trying to score in the end but its what ever. Im proud to have been apart of this 2009 class and I am very proud of our seniors. Yes Martin, MARION COUNTY FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR!!!

To Joe and the entire team ,what a job.We are so proud of the heart and determination shown by all of you.We will always love and cherish our times with you.Good-luck in the very bright future that you have.