DII State Championships Played on a Tuesday

WarriorFan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't the first time this has happened. The first year they played in M-boro (2004?) the game was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. MTSU has a home game scheduled for Saturday, that is why they moved the game to Tuesday. The other option would be to move the game a week later after the MTSU season is over, but that would be 3 weeks between games. The real problem is because of the "unmentionable", there are so few teams in DII, that the playoffs are only 3 rounds, and the State Championship game is played so early. There never seemed to be this problem when the game was the Clinic Bowl and played at Vandy. The only problem with that was the proceeds went to Childrens Hospital and not the TSSAA.

BigRedDad you are exactly right. It seems the TSSAA does not have the KID'S best interest in mind, but seem to only care about the $$$$$$$. It has seemed to me that the TSSAA has had a chip on its shoulder regarding private schools, after whole Brentwood Acedemy tirade a few years back. I think they still hold a grudge becasue of this and the resulting consequence isn't being discussed by two adults in a boardroom/meeting, but on the kids themselves.

Regardless of school affiliation it does not take a genius to understand that the TSSAA is jip ping these kids. Way to go Ronnie, aren't you the big man .

BigRedDad you are exactly right. It seems the TSSAA does not have the KID'S best interest in mind, but seem to only care about the $$$$$$$. It has seemed to me that the TSSAA has had a chip on its shoulder regarding private schools, after whole Brentwood Acedemy tirade a few years back. I think they still hold a grudge becasue of this and the resulting consequence isn't being discussed by two adults in a boardroom/meeting, but on the kids themselves.

Regardless of school affiliation it does not take a genius to understand that the TSSAA is jip ping these kids. Way to go Ronnie, aren't you the big man .

As I said in my first post on this topic, I think a lot of what makes a state championship game special is the "hoopla" associated with it. If that were insignificant, if it were nothing more than just another footabll game, why not play it as a closed scrimmage, at a neutral site, with one team in dark practice jerseys, and the other in white ones? It would still be a championship....

Oh wait, most of the people on whose behalf I've written this have already left for the game, and the Davidson people are having a tailgate breakfast...

Alright I GIVE....If the DII parents feel that you guys are being "Hosed" by TSSAA than so be it. Nothing I say or anyone else will change your mind. But, Honestly your not acting like DII parents. I am under the impression that many DII parents are the movers and shakers of the community, at least they are in my community. And instead this is turning into calling Ronnie names. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Is it about the $$$$....Yes, but it's also about the kids. Anybody that has been part of a Booster club will tell you it's about both. You can't have an effective organization without money.

Last and the most important question is.....What is DII going to do about it for the future? It's easy to say pull out of TSSAA, but we all know that's not going to happen for obvious reasons, so where and what does DII do for next year?

Hey In Hoc.....I'm a Sig as well....Beta Sigma (UT) and Eta Gamma (MTSU). Where did you go?

I agree with your take.

. . . Last and the most important question is.....What is DII going to do about it for the future? It's easy to say pull out of TSSAA, but we all know that's not going to happen for obvious reasons, so where and what does DII do for next year?

The point is that D2 schools have no control over when the TSSAA schedules the game(s).

I think a minimum expectation should be that all member schools are treated equally and fairly. I think Ray Charles can see that is not happening.

The point is that D2 schools have no control over when the TSSAA schedules the game(s).

I think a minimum expectation should be that all member schools are treated equally and fairly. I think Ray Charles can see that is not happening.

"all member schools are treated equally and fairly." I guess this also means all sports under the TSSAA should be treated equally and fairly also? or do you just mean football divisions?

It's not fair now. And I seriously doubt it ever will be. Division II football teams feel as if they have been slighted, and every other sport is a red headed stepchild in comparison to football. Don't expect big changes.

Set back and do nothing??? Just take it???? What about the DII committee???

WOW...I would have expected more from DII atleast BA had the male anatomy to do something when they felt they had been wronged. Maybe I live with blinders on....I think it's a shame that two organizations can't sit down and work things out.

I mean no disrespect to DII, and to be honest, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I just think that this situation could have been avoided, had both sides commutated their differences with one another. I see nothing to gain by TSSAA by purposely making DII angry or slighting them.