TACA - Toyota East vs West All-Star Classic

jlancaster

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some players may not have made the team because they were not nominated, or their school was not a member of TACA. A few players that were invited declined the invitation for various reasons.

What school is not a member of TACA? Just a question. Also, how can someone be nominated and selected when he wasn't even the top receiver on his own team? Oh yeah, I see now, there is a coaching connection. What a joke this roster is. It's not that most are deserving, but some are not when many that are have been excluded. I'll hang up and listen to your comments.

What an absolute joke!!!! Oh what a feeling Toyota. We've got several players in Jefferson County, just as other teams, that has better stats and deserved to be there a lot more. One off the top of my head is #46 Will Brooks a FB that rushed for over 1100yds, second leading rusher in Region 1, probably the best FB in East Tn. Christian McFall a 4yr starter with over 2600yds rushing not selected??? Just how in the heck where these players picked?? What criteria did they use? I'm sure everyone on here could pick one or two more deserving from their area, so we would all like to know how it's done.

Coaches throughout Tennessee nominate the players. The roster isn't final yet.

So can we just congratulate the players that will participate instead of complaining and saying other kids deserve this more so than others? The same thing happened last year and most people just moaned and said "This isn't a real all-star game." It would be very difficult to narrow it down to only two or three players at every position and not be accused of favoritism or receive criticism statewide.

Coaches throughout Tennessee nominate the players. The roster isn't final yet.

So can we just congratulate the players that will participate instead of complaining and saying other kids deserve this more so than others? The same thing happened last year and most people just moaned and said "This isn't a real all-star game." It would be very difficult to narrow it down to only two or three players at every position and not be accused of favoritism or receive criticism statewide.

No doubt that we all need to congradulate the players that made this team. But, it would not be hard to pick the best players in the state to be on each team.

1. Look first to see who has Division 1 offers or who have verbally committed to a division 1 team and choose them first. These are your best players as evaluated by un-biased college coaches.

2. At least look to see how scout and rivals have ranked each player. Each of these have the top 40 and top 75 players in the state.

3. Then see what you have left to fill and let the coaches who are coaching each team pick the rest from the pool of applicants that were sent in focusing on those who are probably going to get offers at Division 1, 1AA.

Make this a true all-star game. The best of the best. As good as it is for those who have been picked to be on the team,(and there are some who are the best on this team) it is just as sad/bad for those who are going to play Division 1 football next year but are not chosen to be on the TN all star team. So a guy who will never strap on another pair of shoulder pads in his life after December 13th is playing in this game as a so called "All-Star" while the real all stars are at home thinking, "THIS IS FUNNY", "WHAT A JOKE", "WHO IS THAT GUY THAT IS PLAYING IN MY POSITION???", "DO YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY", you get the point.

There are guys sitting home who did apply and are wondering what happened because they fit in the first two categories and guys who made the team at their position did not. I think it is called good ole boy TN football politics.

No doubt that we all need to congradulate the players that made this team. But, it would not be hard to pick the best players in the state to be on each team.

1. Look first to see who has Division 1 offers or who have verbally committed to a division 1 team and choose them first. These are your best players as evaluated by un-biased college coaches.

2. At least look to see how scout and rivals have ranked each player. Each of these have the top 40 and top 75 players in the state.

3. Then see what you have left to fill and let the coaches who are coaching each team pick the rest from the pool of applicants that were sent in focusing on those who are probably going to get offers at Division 1, 1AA.

Make this a true all-star game. The best of the best. As good as it is for those who have been picked to be on the team,(and there are some who are the best on this team) it is just as sad/bad for those who are going to play Division 1 football next year but are not chosen to be on the TN all star team. So a guy who will never strap on another pair of shoulder pads in his life after December 13th is playing in this game as a so called "All-Star" while the real all stars are at home thinking, "THIS IS FUNNY", "WHAT A JOKE", "WHO IS THAT GUY THAT IS PLAYING IN MY POSITION???", "DO YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY", you get the point.

There are guys sitting home who did apply and are wondering what happened because they fit in the first two categories and guys who made the team at their position did not. I think it is called good ole boy TN football politics.

I'm just wondering; who's not on this team that you want on here. Just because a kind at this point doesn't have the offers that you are speaking of does or doesn't make him an All-Star. Most colleges are starting to make their final rounds here in the next 2-3 weeks and then you will see a lot more offers to those that are D-1 prospects. The evaluation period for colleges does not go year round and as the season comes to an end, you will see more coaches at schools and at homes of these players. The dead period where a college coach to visit is one day this week so they was not allowed to visit a lot of these players.

Believe it or not, it??™s not always about the stats when a college picks a player. If that player fits the mold that they are looking for then they will pull the trigger on them. My son went to a lot of camps with several players that are regarded the best in Tennessee and his stats are far more better then theirs, but his offers are not the same at this time of the year because most of the colleges that has been looking at him since last year wanted to see how he did this year as a whole given he only played 2 years including this year. I've noticed that if you don't get noticed early in your high school career then it is hard to be in the so called top, but you always have GEMS in the ruff and if a player is good, then he will be noticed no matter what and will succeed if that is his plans.

The Kids do get invited to play. They might have something on that day or week. I know some guys who got invited but are skipping the all star game due to basketball. So some of the "all-stars" could have been invited and cant go. Maybe they are playing in a different all-star game.

Hard to believe Trevon Hall wasn't selected or Taylor Fletcher

I agree Barb, I am not sure of Trevon Hall's stats but he sure has alot more stats and stiffer competion than the RB's secleted to this so called "All Star Classic". Taylor Fletcher has almost 1600 yards rushing and is the Player of the Year in the MCL conference. Hard to believe yes, one would think by looking at the list posted of the select few that these boys are not on the list. I know these two where not invited. Maybe the powers that be figure these boys already have an offer and thats the best they will be offered and the others selected have offers and can do better if exsposed to this game due to the scouts being there. One could also draw a conclusion that it is the same as always in NET its the good ole boys club that judge which boys make the exsposure and the boys that do not.