Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys... What in the world would Saban be doing at the Milan and GP game watching Cunningham. He's a good ballplayer but you'll see 10 more like him at the Boro this year. The night before the Auburn game... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

That's what I was thinking, but if someone says that they saw him and I didn't one way or the other, I can't really argue it. But you are right. Let's see 2A semi finals or prepare for the biggest rival game not to mention retain the #1 ranking to keep national title hopes alive. Wow, that's a tough one. Not sure what I would do. lol

I've seen Alcoa the last two years in the state championship. Now that's not the same as seeing them this season, but I do have a pretty good idea of what they have coming back - and the fact that some Tornado fans said in the summer this team might be better than the last two.

Milan fans, if Alcoa plays like they usually do in the championship - you will probably leave the game this Friday night having watched the best AA team that you have seen in many years. Some of you younger guys, this may be the best AA team you've seen ever.

I just hope Milan plays the type of game that makes Alcoa fans say the same.

Order an Alcoa shirt off the AD's that are in-between posts at the top.

Guest nwtnsports

Order an Alcoa shirt off the AD's that are run in-between posts.

That's funny. I was pretty sure the last sentence in my post implied that I was pulling for Milan.

Just meant that as a compliment to Alcoa's program.

Going to be a fun ride to the Buro for Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunn.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So according to Alcoa fans, Milan shouldn't even be in this game. JCS was gonna kill us....Goodpasture was gonna kill us....NEITHER happened.

Yes Alcoa is fast, yes they are big, yes they are good....but so is Milan. You call our schedule a "cream puff" season....yet(excluding Maryville), Alcoa beat every other team that they played. So how can you sit there and say Milan didn't play anyone...apparently neither did Alcoa because they beat every other team they played. No one will know until Friday night just how good Alcoa and Milan are AGAINST each other.

China got it wrong this year. Cause this is THE YEAR OF THE DAWGS!!

I won't predict a score. But I will predict that whoever scores first will win!!

Just remember in '98, everyone picked Milan as the underdogs. They won the 2A championship. In '99...they moved to 3A and won the championship.....

It's 2008...2A

Next year....2009...3A

it's DUE TIME!

BDG03 I don't know of one single person that predicted Milan to lose until maybe last week. I for one predicted a Milan victory on Friday. Check my post out on the Milan GP thread and so did a lot of other Tornado fans. As for your schedule, I was just stating a fact. Alcoa played Maryville, which is in the 4a championship game. Alcoa also played at Whitehouse,(28-3 at whitehouse in a down pour) which barely got beat by Catholic in the 3a semifinals. So please remind me of the non region games that Milan played. Did you play anyone better than either one of those teams? Also the playoff teams you beat, their combined records were 24-21. The record of our opponents were 29-13 in the playoffs, Considerable difference. That was my point BDG03. Of course none of this matters come Friday night. Both teams will give it their all and I'm just glad you could join the party this year. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I've seen Alcoa the last two years in the state championship. Now that's not the same as seeing them this season, but I do have a pretty good idea of what they have coming back - and the fact that some Tornado fans said in the summer this team might be better than the last two.

Milan fans, if Alcoa plays like they usually do in the championship - you will probably leave the game this Friday night having watched the best AA team that you have seen in many years. Some of you younger guys, this may be the best AA team you've seen ever.

I just hope Milan plays the type of game that makes Alcoa fans say the same.

I could be wrong, but I would say that this is the year to beat Alcoa IF you can. If Milan does happen to win, they better really enjoy it cause I'm pretty sure that Alcoa will be even better next year and in the near future.

Good Luck to the Milan Bulldogs on Friday. No matter what sport is being talked about on these boards, teams from the northwest part of the state get "NO RESPECT." Boys go get that gold ball!

I find the church signs tasteless. Not what I would expect out of a church. A simple good luck to their local team would be more fitting.

That's funny. I was pretty sure the last sentence in my post implied that I was pulling for Milan.

Just meant that as a compliment to Alcoa's program.

Glad to see you decided to pull for your alma mater.......... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

THIS IS THE BEST MILAN TEAM SINCE 03' and I have more faith in Milan's players and coaches now than I ever have.

#88 Christian Coleman and #19 Avery Williamson are head hunters. They will be fun to watch next year as well.

Milan played a pass happy JCS team two weeks ago and shut it down. Coaches came out with a defensive scheme that suprised us all. And then Goodpasture this week was just a duplicate of the JCS game. I figured Cunningham and GP would roll over us. And Milan shoved it down their throat. Milan keeps suprising me. Why not suprise me with a win over God-like Alcoa.

Milan's defense is playing the best I've seen in years right now.

Alcoa is ten times better than any team Milan has seen all year. They are the champs until someone proves themselves. Milan will be prepared, thats all you can do.

Milan 21

Alcoa 17

I stood at the entrance to the Milan side of the field from 6pm untill the game was over and Saban never game through. I don't know what all the hype is, Cunningham looked OK, GP must have played some weak D's in the regular season and in the playoffs. Just because a kid puts up big numbers does not always mean he can play at

the next level.