Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did not just compare Milan to Maryville! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Your defense gave up a total of 211 points this year! Maryville: 113; Alcoa: 61 (with 20 of those being to Maryville)

During the playoffs, your defense has given up 57 points;Maryville: 26; Alcoa: 28

I don't think you want to go there!

Here's a quote this morning from Marion County's coach from the Times Free Press:

???But we got stuffed at the line. They just manhandled us. I don??™t see a lot of weaknesses, and they??™re actually better than I thought they were after seeing them on film.??? How many times have we heard this from the opposing coach the day after a game?

I'm expecting a hard-fought game on Friday for the gold ball, but Milan does not go out undefeated. I take Alcoa in a close one:

28-14.

I will not compare our D to one I haven't even seen, much less compare it to Maryville, but your scoring stat is skewed. There is a little bit of a drop off from our 1st string to our 3rd string. They gave up 3 scores for sure. Our guys that do most of the playing don't usually give up alot.

I will not compare our D to one I haven't even seen, much less compare it to Maryville, but your scoring stat is skewed. There is a little bit of a drop off from our 1st string to our 3rd string. They gave up 3 scores for sure. Our guys that do most of the playing don't usually give up alot.

I never said you were comparing your D to Maryville, that comment wasn't aimed at you. LarryChristmas said, "You've seen a similar defense to the one you'll see next Friday. Maryville."

Alcoa's 1st string defense was rarely in for all 4 quarters and still only gave up 61 points thus far all season. Can't say about Maryville's.

huh?

Good. I didn't get it either!

I never said you were comparing your D to Maryville, that comment wasn't aimed at you. LarryChristmas said, "You've seen a similar defense to the one you'll see next Friday. Maryville."

Alcoa's 1st string defense was rarely in for all 4 quarters and still only gave up 61 points thus far all season. Can't say about Maryville's.

I was saying that I don't think many of us Milan fans will campare our D to Maryville. Also, form what I understand, our D has a bigger drop off than yours does when we get to our 3rd string.

You'll hear about it later in the week - A little miscue your staff made that really seems pretty classless.

Sounds to me like they were just being prepared (if you're talking about what I believe you're talking about).

Talkin bout something totally different - if you inquire within I'm not sure they would tell you, or they will tell you it was an honest mistake. Downright disrespectful - but enough of that until it does come out.

Looking forward to a good game with the Tornadoes from Alcoa. You guys are the benchmark - we just trying to make our mark.

All 4 teams agreed to send tapes out to the other teams. Alcoa & Marion County to Goodpasture & Milan and vise versa. Oddly enough we receive the Marion County tapes but not Alcoas. They sent the tapes to Mickey TN rather than Milan. We all know how it is real easy to confuse the Milan and Mickey football prgrams! It was someone within the Alcoa program, by no means am i saying Rankin, but somebody did it. It was done to allow our coaches less time to prepare for you guys. I am sensing that Alcoa was a little worried and this confirms it! 2 weeks ago you said that the CPA/GP winner would easily handle the JCS/Milan winner. Then said that GP would run all over Milan and Milan would choke! Now your football prgram sends tapes to wrong town! It does not matter what you guys do Milan is coming to WIN not play for silver as so many have predicted all year!

Milan 24

Alcoa 14

From what I heard, Milan and Alcoa were working out a film trade and the film Alcoa sent us was sent to the wrong zip code. I seriously doubt that Alcoa would intentionally send the film to the wrong place. The Postal Service has been known to mess up. Milan will have film. They probably have film right now. Our coaches know a lot of people and most like them.

They had a backup plan - yes. You would hope it wasn't intentional - but it wasn't a USPS mistake.