Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

You did not just compare Milan to Maryville! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Your defense gave up a total of 211 points this year! Maryville: 113; Alcoa: 61 (with 20 of those being to Maryville)

During the playoffs, your defense has given up 57 points;Maryville: 26; Alcoa: 28

I don't think you want to go there!

Here's a quote this morning from Marion County's coach from the Times Free Press:

???But we got stuffed at the line. They just manhandled us. I don??™t see a lot of weaknesses, and they??™re actually better than I thought they were after seeing them on film.??? How many times have we heard this from the opposing coach the day after a game?

I'm expecting a hard-fought game on Friday for the gold ball, but Milan does not go out undefeated. I take Alcoa in a close one:

28-14.

As a JCS fan I have to correct something on behalf of the Bulldogs... Don't let the 211 points mislead you. I'm not certain about the Camden game but I know the regular season games against USJ and JCS were legitimate points because they were Milan's first run-in with spread offenses... But they still won... After adjusting and working on the game plan Milan completely shut JCS down in the second game. We scored 14 legitimate points but the other 14 were against the 2nd or even 3rd string defense with our first string offense still in the game. Looking at Milan's scores is very deceiving. In those games where Milan had a huge advantage almost all the points scored were in the 4th quarter against the 2nd and 3rd string defense. Look at the box scores and see how many points Milan has given up in the 4th Quarter. It is because Coach Morris is a class act and doesn't worry about shutouts I assure you they could have pitched a whole lot of shutouts. Some of the teams that scored one and two touchdowns against them couldn't have gotten 5 first downs over the course of the game against their defense. That being said---Please note: I know that USJ and JCS are not Alcoa! I do not expect a shutout against Alcoa! I'm just saying don't judge Milan's defense by points allowed. That is more of a reflection on the character of the coach than the reality of their defense.

Now as for comparing their defense to Maryville I'm sure that is not exactly what he meant... He probably did mean you are playing the best defense since Maryville which you probably are... I think Milan has a tall order (Alcoa you are without a doubt a machine!!!) but I know Milan will be well-prepared, as will Alcoa. I'm not predicting a winner but I will be at the game... Hopefully, someone can furnish me with a Milan sweatshirt--- I'll be there with my JCS blue hat and a Milan sweatshirt... If someone sees Alton Coleman tell him his preacher is looking for a Milan Sweatshirt... Speaking of Defense: Christian Coleman I'm proud of you---You are the man!!! I'm so happy my son graduated last year and didn't have the privilege of getting hit by you...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To prove I am not Mr. Smith, check the times I post here. Sometimes I use a blackberry while I am at the games like last night. Mr. Smith is on the radio live so he would not be able to post.

I know a guy that can call a game on the air, post and eat a sammich at the same time...I guess he is just better than you, Mr. Smith.

haha , ya it was an honest mistake , not intentional, Coach probably already had it express to Goodpasture and then had to send it you guys :] This is gonna be a great game , cant wait to meet you al in the Boro and see what your all about. To the Milan fans who actually know what they are talkin about , what kinda Offense do you all run? i haven't had a chance to see any of your film yet.

Mostly an I formation. Some 4 receiver sets, but usually an I. Glbert gets all the pub, but I think Coleman makes the offense go. He is really our MVP. Watch him when he steps back. His passes look effortless, and he has as strong an arm as you see will in high school football. He is also extremely accurate.

haha , ya it was an honest mistake , not intentional, Coach probably already had it express to Goodpasture and then had to send it you guys :] This is gonna be a great game , cant wait to meet you al in the Boro and see what your all about. To the Milan fans who actually know what they are talkin about , what kinda Offense do you all run? i haven't had a chance to see any of your film yet.

Milan is a power I team. We have been a Power I team for a long time. This year, however, we have the athletes and QB to run what ever offense we want. We have used a lot of spread formation lately. We can throw out of it with the best of them and we can run out of it whenever we want. We have started running our QB in a "Tebow" style also. If we need 3 yards we can hand to fullback, tailback, QB keeper, short passes, sweeps, or even take a shot deep. If we go into a spread, you HAVE to respect our ability to throw, but we really like to run. We can do a lot but when it comes right down to it, Milan wants to line up and run right at people. If we get stoped, we'll do something else and do it well.

The only team Alcoa has played that is anywhere near Milan's level is Maryville and they lost.

Ya'll are cracking me up comparing yourselves to Maryville! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

One more time for you Tornado89 you are another one who thinks I am Mr. Jeff Smith. To prove I am not Mr. Smith, check the times I post here. Sometimes I use a blackberry while I am at the games like last night. Mr. Smith is on the radio live so he would not be able to post. I have sons who helped the Rebels during this past 10 year run for Maryville and I love HS Football. I track several teams, Maryville being my #1 and some others and in various states. I am a student of the game, former player, and coach (Different levels) I try to call and tell it like I see it never forgetting the players are just kids.

Hope I again put that to rest.

It is hard to pick against Alcoa because there is little competition for them at 2A. There are several reasons I believe this to be so. Not their fault, they need to be the best they can be and right now at 2A they are the best. You'll win your 5th in a row and I'll watch it live like the last 4. Travel safe.

A team out west had a scare last night and no community needs something like that to happen.

My sources have seen you with your Blackberry................................I'm serious. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Anyway, I don't care really. Be careful and have fun in the Boro. By the way, I was in the stands last night.....in Greeneville. Hall is one heck of a player for Greeneville. I understand MTSU has offered. One of the best athletes I have seen this year.

Tom142,

Thanks for the breakdown on Alcoa. Yall sound very good. Of course, yall are very, very good every year! lol.

I still dont see Milan winning this game, as much as I'd like to see it happen. Alcoa is tough. They have scorched everyone on their schedule except for Maryville. But, Maryville!!!!

I still think that Milan can win. They'd better bring their A game, and win the turnover battle to have a chance though.

A rebuilding season for gp milan wins 28-7 minus a CALLED BACK td by cunningham on the opening drive of the game also a punt fumbled and the punter gets tackled at his own 20..Rebuiling season i remind you and alcoa has there entire team back pretty much...il let yall figure it out!Alcoa is the most physical team ive played against including the milan from this year and the 1 from 06 put together!

Ya'll are cracking me up comparing yourselves to Maryville! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

......and you are cracking us up at your inability to understand the English language. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />