Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Well, I went and watched the 'Dawgs tonight. They seem to be clicking on all cylinders! I said this before the season started that it'd be Alcoa V. Milan for the state championship and that Milan might win it. EVERYONE in the brother called me a fool and even some Milan fans doubted me. I knew exactly how loaded this Milan team was. The guy that posts on here from Cheatham Co. (also does the announcing for them, can't remember his username) pretty much flat out told me I was an idiot for even comparing Milan and Alcoa! Milan is coming in 14-0 and Alcoa at 13-1!

I'm going to take Milan by 3.

Milan - 17

Alcoa - 14

I personally hope that Milan is able to pull this off or atleast make a game out of it b/c I will be there for the 1A game supporting Jobyrns and plan on staying for this game. I wouldnt say that Alcoa being 13-1 has anything to do w/ the outcome of this game as the loss came to 4A Maryville who is 14-0 and going for their 5th straight state title and 75th win in a row. Not to mention Alcoa has been 13-1 while winning 3 out of their last 4 gold balls.....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

On paper, this might not look it will be a close game. Here's Alcoa, going for their fifth consecutive state championship. In 11 games against AA teams this year, their average score has been 44-2 (with eight shutouts)! They've rolled against Goodpasture the last three years, and this team is loaded.

Milan may win a close game, get blown out, or the result may be anywhere between. But, this much is guaranteed. The Bulldog coaching staff will do an excellent job of preparing the team. The players will put their best effort on the line to represent their school and community. Milan will be coming to win, as will Alcoa. That might or might not happen for the Bulldogs. But I have a feeling that come this time next week, Milan will give Alcoa everything they have and can know they were one of the two best AA teams in the state.

I personally hope that Milan is able to pull this off or atleast make a game out of it b/c I will be there for the 1A game supporting Jobyrns and plan on staying for this game. I wouldnt say that Alcoa being 13-1 has anything to do w/ the outcome of this game as the loss came to 4A Maryville who is 14-0 and going for their 5th straight state title and 75th win in a row. Not to mention Alcoa has been 13-1 while winning 3 out of their last 4 gold balls.....

Ah ya, I know how good Alcoa and Maryville both are. I saw 'em both in the state championships. I was just stating their records, not trying to compare the two.

could this be the year that alcoa goes down? i think it could happen. alcoa is not as good as they would want everyone to think. marion co. just proved that tonight. if milan plays smart ,smash mouth , pressure on the qb, they can weaken the f5 to small whirlwind. this may be the end to the dominance of alcoa.go milan and hit em in the mouth and go after em hard ,and you can win.

TDgo42 don't you give any credit to Marion tonight? They played a great game and we played good but not great. The only thing we proved was we know how to get back to the boro and when we get there we usually win. We are 9 out of 10 in the Championship games. The lone lose came against Brentwood Academy in 88' and they were like 12 nationally that year. That game was like the fourth largest attendance ever in a championship game. We will all know next Friday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ah ya, I know how good Alcoa and Maryville both are. I saw 'em both in the state championships. I was just stating their records, not trying to compare the two.

Gotcha, I just read into it wrong, sorry..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, I went and watched the 'Dawgs tonight. They seem to be clicking on all cylinders! I said this before the season started that it'd be Alcoa V. Milan for the state championship and that Milan might win it. EVERYONE in the brother called me a fool and even some Milan fans doubted me. I knew exactly how loaded this Milan team was. The guy that posts on here from Cheatham Co. (also does the announcing for them, can't remember his username) pretty much flat out told me I was an idiot for even comparing Milan and Alcoa! Milan is coming in 14-0 and Alcoa at 13-1!

I'm going to take Milan by 3.

Milan - 17

Alcoa - 14

Of course your going to take Milan. You have been saying all year that you think Milan can beat Alcoa. It sounds like Alcoa's the underdog on this thread.

Of course your going to take Milan. You have been saying all year that you think Milan can beat Alcoa. It sounds like Alcoa's the underdog on this thread.

Well, I'm sorry I'm not pulling for the almighty Tornados. I saw them play last year with Cobb and they were an above average team for sure. I do think that this years Milan team can play with Alcoa now that Cobb has graduated. Cobb was just so quick and agile. I'm not saying this years Alcoa QB isn't, but players like Cobb come once every 5 years. I hope this game goes down as one of the best games in TSSAA history. I have seen too many Alcoa people on here boasting and boasting (and yes, you have plenty to boast about) but it's time for the king to be taken off of the throne.

Well, I'm sorry I'm not pulling for the almighty Tornados. I saw them play last year with Cobb and they were an above average team for sure. I do think that this years Milan team can play with Alcoa now that Cobb has graduated. Cobb was just so quick and agile. I'm not saying this years Alcoa QB isn't, but players like Cobb come once every 5 years. I hope this game goes down as one of the best games in TSSAA history. I have seen too many Alcoa people on here boasting and boasting (and yes, you have plenty to boast about) but it's time for the king to be taken off of the throne.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I didn't figure you would be pulling for ALCOA. Did you not read my post? Its funny last year you said Kendahl Harper for Peabody was as good as Cobb. That's until you seen Cobb in person. So, I guess you will have to see us play next week to make you a believer again. Of course, you want Milan to bring back that gold ball to west tn. That's so you can do your boasting next week on how good west tn football was this year. Does Milan not have posters that boast? I would say we all do. We are all proud of our respected communities. As for the throne, there is only one way to get it and that's to take it from us. Good luck on that. See you next week at the BORO! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I didn't figure you would be pulling for ALCOA. Did you not read my post? Its funny last year you said Kendahl Harper for Peabody was as good as Cobb. That's until you seen Cobb in person. So, I guess you will have to see us play next week to make you a believer again. Of course, you want Milan to bring back that gold ball to west tn. That's so you can do your boasting next week on how good west tn football was this year. Does Milan not have posters that boast? I would say we all do. We are all proud of our respected communities. As for the throne, there is only one way to get it and that's to take it from us. Good luck on that. See you next week at the BORO! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I didn't say Haper was better than Cobb. I'll say he was faster than Cobb, but he wasn't better. I won't boast on how good West TN football is. We all know all of the big time football is in East TN. You have teams like Maryville, Alcoa, all the Knoxville football schools and many more big time football schools. I read last week on one of these threads that some Alcoa people were at the Milan/JCS game last week and they claimed that if they were to play Milan it'd be a win. Pretty confident, eh? We'll see... Good Luck to both teams!!!!

I didn't say Haper was better than Cobb. I'll say he was faster than Cobb, but he wasn't better. I won't boast on how good West TN football is. We all know all of the big time football is in East TN. You have teams like Maryville, Alcoa, all the Knoxville football schools and many more big time football schools. I read last week on one of these threads that some Alcoa people were at the Milan/JCS game last week and they claimed that if they were to play Milan it'd be a win. Pretty confident, eh? We'll see... Good Luck to both teams!!!!

I would say if Milan, JB, and Mitchell wins it will be a great year for West Tennessee Football. I personally have not heard of anyone saying that they have saw Milan play. I think this will be a close game. Alcoa has looked beatable 2 of the last 3 weeks. Having said that I never got the feeling they were going to loose either game. As for this game, I think the team that throws it the best will win. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />