Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Michie, TN's zip code is 38357

Milan, TN's zip code is 38358

Alcoa has won 4 state titles and hasn't lost to a 2a team in a long time. I seriously doubt they would resort to sending the film to the wrong town to gain an advantage. It was a mistake, either by the Postal Service or who typed the address label. I'm sure Milan has film right now. Our coaches know a lot of coaches across the state and most like them. Let's talk about the game and not mail screw ups.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa has won 4 state titles and hasn't lost to a 2a team in a long time. I seriously doubt they would resort to sending the film to the wrong town to gain an advantage. It was a mistake, either by the Postal Service or who typed the address label. I'm sure Milan has film right now. Our coaches know a lot of coaches across the state and most like them. Let's talk about the game and not mail screw ups.

You're absolutely right. No way was this done intentionally. Honest mistake...

let's get to the banter!!!

You've seen a similar defense to the one you'll see next Friday. Maryville. Thats it.

Gilbert broke the 30 TD mark on the season tonight rushing for 3TD's against Goodpasture

FYI- Cunningham had Zero TD's. Was held to 100 yards (broke one run maybe for 40). Came in the game with 550 in the first 3 playoff games.

As for passing, Milans defense faced the States Leading Passer, and all forms of spread offense. He's up for Mr. Football. Jake Overbey. We've seen the run and the pass. Won't be anything we haven't seen.

For anyone that thinks Milan doesn't have a prayer next friday, think about me when your sitting there shell-shocked at halftime. We might be winning, we might be losing. But it might be Halloween all over again next friday. Milan will score. Milan is more potent than the 2004 Huntingdon team if that tells you anything. I know ya'll loved that game yall had with them in 2004. Milan is better. Faster. If not for a referee botched call on a blocked FG tonight Milan wins 35-7.

Milan Football - - -"Step up, or Get STEPPED ON"

Milan 24 Alcoa 14

What? I want to stay out of this because some of my Alcoa neighbors don't care for my take on their program. But Alcoa is no Maryville! They are however among the best in many classifications and the stick that you measure a 2A team by. This year their defense may have set a school or state record in fewest points allowed. One really does not know because the T$$AA only cares about money and not keeping the record books up to date. Alcoa will beat Milan next Friday because they will score enough points to get beyond what their defense will allow. I think Alcoa will have to play 4 full qtrs, something they normally only do vs. Maryville. Maybe that is their one weakness. Good luck to both teams but I hoping Alcoa will bring another gold ball back east.

Congrats to the Bulldogs on a great season. Bulldog fans be sure to purchase your tickets for the championship game at the Milan High School. One-half of the purchase price of all pre-sold tickets goes to MHS. The school gets a much smaller cut for tickets bought at the gate.

Send staff to watch us play then send tapes of your games to another town?? Classless

Blame the postal service. Probably someone from Bethel Springs!!! Just kidding, I had to get that in there. Dated someone for years from that area. I question their school systems /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Seriously, I think the Alcoa Coaches could care less if you have every game to look at. They are above that. Heck you could have paid 20 bucks and watched every game on the web during the regular season.

What? I want to stay out of this because some of my Alcoa neighbors don't care for my take on their program. But Alcoa is no Maryville! They are however among the best in many classifications and the stick that you measure a 2A team by. This year their defense may have set a school or state record in fewest points allowed. One really does not know because the T$$AA only cares about money and not keeping the record books up to date. Alcoa will beat Milan next Friday because they will score enough points to get beyond what their defense will allow. I think Alcoa will have to play 4 full qtrs, something they normally only do vs. Maryville. Maybe that is their one weakness. Good luck to both teams but I hoping Alcoa will bring another gold ball back east.

I'm shocked you are picking us against your alma mater!!!

Nobody was comparing Alcoa to Maryville...he was comparing Milan to Maryville! Reread the post!

And, I actually took up for Maryville...go back and read every post!

Thank you BulldawgDynasty, well put.

Alcoa wins big

The only team Alcoa has played that is anywhere near Milan's level is Maryville and they lost.

Gilbert has 30 touchdowns and is pretty much the stud when it comes to getting the yards needed. Our return man has delivered a touchdown on every third kickoff or punt all year. On defense the pressure is coming and you will be sacked or forced to throw either way it's a good situation for us. Milan is very talented so don't be surprised if Alcoa runs into a purple wall this year. Milan 35 Alcoa 17

You'll hear about it later in the week - A little miscue your staff made that really seems pretty classless.

They had a backup plan - yes. You would hope it wasn't intentional - but it wasn't a USPS mistake.

haha , ya it was an honest mistake , not intentional, Coach probably already had it express to Goodpasture and then had to send it you guys :] This is gonna be a great game , cant wait to meet you al in the Boro and see what your all about. To the Milan fans who actually know what they are talkin about , what kinda Offense do you all run? i haven't had a chance to see any of your film yet.

I'm shocked you are picking us against your alma mater!!!

One more time for you Tornado89 you are another one who thinks I am Mr. Jeff Smith. To prove I am not Mr. Smith, check the times I post here. Sometimes I use a blackberry while I am at the games like last night. Mr. Smith is on the radio live so he would not be able to post. I have sons who helped the Rebels during this past 10 year run for Maryville and I love HS Football. I track several teams, Maryville being my #1 and some others and in various states. I am a student of the game, former player, and coach (Different levels) I try to call and tell it like I see it never forgetting the players are just kids.

Hope I again put that to rest.

It is hard to pick against Alcoa because there is little competition for them at 2A. There are several reasons I believe this to be so. Not their fault, they need to be the best they can be and right now at 2A they are the best. You'll win your 5th in a row and I'll watch it live like the last 4. Travel safe.

A team out west had a scare last night and no community needs something like that to happen.