Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Are we playing AC Milan or Inter Milan???

This ones for Akula21 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm pretty pumped for the reference by APB. The comment by the milan fan about bringing the red cards when they smack our boys in the mouth is fine. Take the penalty. I'm sure Sam, Adrian, and Co. will be happy to just hand the ball back to the ref after each touchdown and let the scoreboard do the talking.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa fans, what does yall's offense do best? Do yall have a big time running back, or a great QB? Any big time lineman to watch? etc.

We got a couple of talented tailbacks in Junior Jaron Toney #15 and Senior Cameron Foster #36. Both run at about 5'10, 170 lbs. and are super quick. Both also have the capability of playing college ball. #2 Sophmore Taharin Tyson, cousin of one Alcoa's greatest RB's Dustin Lindsey(and a very striking resemblance at that), is an absolute load. He's got good footwork and he doesn't think twice about trucking LB's and DB's. Combine all that with a 5'11, 235 lb. frame, you've got yourself a future D-1 fullback. Our QB Senior Chase James has been a real nice surprise this year. He's got a pretty good arm and is pretty quick. He has about 25 TD's to 5 INT's, while running for 200 yards, and returning punts here and there and playing a solid safety. He's being courted by schools such as Marshall and MTSU. Senior #3 Sam Thompson is our do-everything player, and he does everything very well. He's our best WR, he can haul in the long ball or he can make a guy miss and pick up a big gain on a little swing pass, on defense he can lay you out at linebacker with a near perfect tackle or drop back to his most familar position, strong safety, and make a game changing interception kind of like he did tonight. He's got good speed, smarts, technique, character, and offers and interest from Ivy League schools and service academies; basically your prototypical player, oh yeah he also handles kickoffs, field goals, and punting duty. #4 Steven Isom (So.) amd #84 A.J. Young (Sr.) are a couple of lanky receivers, running around 6'3 that both have dependable sets of hands. The best set of hands on the team belong to our 6'4, 260 lb. Junior tight end # 89 Tyler Robinson(if you haven't already heard of him he's up for Mr. Football). Defenders probably should be advised to stay out of his path when he has the ball because they will be left lying on the turf wondering what hit them way after he's ran over them and celebrated his touchdown. Tyler is a special player, with a bright future ahead of him, and I'm sure he's only going to get bigger and stronger. He will be considered one of the states top ten players in the state next year, and the offers will come piling in for T-Rob, you can bank on that. Our line is pretty large, and it would probably be considered large in any state classification. We average around 260 on the line, and our four biggest lineman are underclassmen with 5'8, 215 lb. Connor Miles as our lone senior at center. A couple of our lineman Junior #61 Marcel Walden (6'4, 280) and Sophmore Derek Evans (6'3, 260) have the size to play on Saturdays. Of course there's no need to really say much about our defense, plus I don't feel the need to write another short novel. Basically they're very quick, very fast, don't miss many tackles, and don't give up many points....that sums it up pretty well.

Hope that gives you a few clues about how we roll..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Tom142: This offense has scored 160 points in four playoff games (64 points in the last two games). I think a lot of us have become incrediably spoiled "fans" that expect 68 point nights even in the deep rows of the state playoffs. Since when is 30 points scored in a tough game against a good team a bad thing? We need to be strongly supporting this team as it prepares for a good Milan team.

Yes you're right about that, and I'm not saying our offense played terrible at all. I'll just put it this way, considering I believe that Milan's defense if better than Marion's defense: We scored 30 points against Marion, but one TD was pretty much thanks in part to a great INT by Sam. So say that didn't happen against a team, who I once again believe has a better D than Marion and our offense played the way it did tonight, I would think that it would be possible that we would score less than say 23 points. Now flip it to the other side of the ball; I simply believe that Milan's offense will be better, if not considerably better than Marion's. We gave up 14 points to them tonight, I'm only to assume that Milan can score around 17-21 points on us, and very possibly a few more. So if you really look at it our offense will have to play better to beat Milan.

I am going to be strongly supporting my boys as much as any of the other passionate fans that we've got, that's not the issue at all my friend, and I believe just like the next Alcoa fan that we're going to be hoisting our 5th gold ball come around 9:30 CT on Dec.5 . I'm just as nervous as I've been in a while about playing Milan, and feel like this is the best chance a team has to knock us off, discluding Maryville, honestly since the '04 Huntingdon game. I'm sure there will be plenty of fans state wide that believe Milan will win this game now, and it's a scary reality to face when you EXPECT a 5th staight.

Once again .....

Alcoa 21

Milan 17

You've seen a similar defense to the one you'll see next Friday. Maryville. Thats it.

Gilbert broke the 30 TD mark on the season tonight rushing for 3TD's against Goodpasture

FYI- Cunningham had Zero TD's. Was held to 100 yards (broke one run maybe for 40). Came in the game with 550 in the first 3 playoff games.

As for passing, Milans defense faced the States Leading Passer, and all forms of spread offense. He's up for Mr. Football. Jake Overbey. We've seen the run and the pass. Won't be anything we haven't seen.

For anyone that thinks Milan doesn't have a prayer next friday, think about me when your sitting there shell-shocked at halftime. We might be winning, we might be losing. But it might be Halloween all over again next friday. Milan will score. Milan is more potent than the 2004 Huntingdon team if that tells you anything. I know ya'll loved that game yall had with them in 2004. Milan is better. Faster. If not for a referee botched call on a blocked FG tonight Milan wins 35-7.

Milan Football - - -"Step up, or Get STEPPED ON"

Milan 24 Alcoa 14

You've seen a similar defense to the one you'll see next Friday. Maryville.

You did not just compare Milan to Maryville! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Your defense gave up a total of 211 points this year! Maryville: 113; Alcoa: 61 (with 20 of those being to Maryville)

During the playoffs, your defense has given up 57 points;Maryville: 26; Alcoa: 28

I don't think you want to go there!

Here's a quote this morning from Marion County's coach from the Times Free Press:

“But we got stuffed at the line. They just manhandled us. I don’t see a lot of weaknesses, and they’re actually better than I thought they were after seeing them on film.” How many times have we heard this from the opposing coach the day after a game?

I'm expecting a hard-fought game on Friday for the gold ball, but Milan does not go out undefeated. I take Alcoa in a close one:

28-14.

I hope Milan wins, but I just dont see it happening. I'm not saying that Milan doesnt have a chance, because they do. But, it will take thier A game plus something else to beat a team like Alcoa.

Alcoa fans, what does yall's offense do best? Do yall have a big time running back, or a great QB? Any big time lineman to watch? etc.

This ain't last year or the year before that or the year before that. Get my point. New team. We are every bit as good as Alcoa. I just don't want to hear what a fluke it was when Milan pulls it out. I haven't seen Alcoa play, so this obviously an opinion. I know Milan made to pretty good teams look less than average the last 2 weeks.

Well, I went and watched the 'Dawgs tonight. They seem to be clicking on all cylinders! I said this before the season started that it'd be Alcoa V. Milan for the state championship and that Milan might win it. EVERYONE in the brother called me a fool and even some Milan fans doubted me. I knew exactly how loaded this Milan team was. The guy that posts on here from Cheatham Co. (also does the announcing for them, can't remember his username) pretty much flat out told me I was an idiot for even comparing Milan and Alcoa! Milan is coming in 14-0 and Alcoa at 13-1!

I'm going to take Milan by 3.

Milan - 17

Alcoa - 14

I'm not sure anyone doubted you, but to say you are in the state title game before the season starts would have been preet arrogant on our part. Oops, did I say that? We knew we could do it. Just wanted to practice a little humility.

I personally hope that Milan is able to pull this off or atleast make a game out of it b/c I will be there for the 1A game supporting Jobyrns and plan on staying for this game. I wouldnt say that Alcoa being 13-1 has anything to do w/ the outcome of this game as the loss came to 4A Maryville who is 14-0 and going for their 5th straight state title and 75th win in a row. Not to mention Alcoa has been 13-1 while winning 3 out of their last 4 gold balls.....

They have won 4 in a row. Not 3 out of 4

haha nice one

now for my little take.

Our offense was having a little trouble establishing itself tonite. Hats off to MC's defense they got on that ball every play making it hard for us to stay efficient in our run game and establishing a running lane play after play. After practice this week we shold be good and have of O clickin on all cylinders goin into the Boro. CHase had a decent night. T-rob (tyler robinson) wasnt his normal mr football self last night, dont know if he was under the weather or what. hopefully i will find out come monday. Our biggest help on offense tonite was def Sam THompson( WR #3) He really did everything tonite. HE saved us with that INT and also helped us on ST with FG and KO.

Our D line is still clicking and had a great night. Hats off to all of them. We should be fine as far as D goes as we head into the BOro next friday.

Thanks to all the seniors for another great season , now lets just bring home that other old ball, now we got a handful of rings in a row :] Love you guys, you will be missed next year. BEst of luck to all of you as you move on in life no matter where it is GOd leads you.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I didn't figure you would be pulling for ALCOA. Did you not read my post? Its funny last year you said Kendahl Harper for Peabody was as good as Cobb. That's until you seen Cobb in person. So, I guess you will have to see us play next week to make you a believer again. Of course, you want Milan to bring back that gold ball to west tn. That's so you can do your boasting next week on how good west tn football was this year. Does Milan not have posters that boast? I would say we all do. We are all proud of our respected communities. As for the throne, there is only one way to get it and that's to take it from us. Good luck on that. See you next week at the BORO! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

We do, and we wish that they would be quiet too.

I would say if Milan, JB, and Mitchell wins it will be a great year for West Tennessee Football. I personally have not heard of anyone saying that they have saw Milan play. I think this will be a close game. Alcoa has looked beatable 2 of the last 3 weeks. Having said that I never got the feeling they were going to loose either game. As for this game, I think the team that throws it the best will win. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

From what I was told, there were some Alcoa people at the Milan/JCS game.