4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The third guy in the booth ... the telestrator guy ... cannot pronounce Mary-ville. He is saying, Meer-ville. That's inexcuseable. If you're working in a broadcast booth or doing p.a., you should know how to pronounce the names of the teams.

You obviously aren't from East Tennessee or you would know that it is not "Mary ville". That is how Yankees say it. The proper pronunciation is Mur ville or Meer ville.

You obviously aren't from East Tennessee or you would know that it is not "Mary ville". That is how Yankees say it. The proper pronunciation is Mur ville or Meer ville.

Actually, I am a life-long native of East Tennessee and incredibly enough, I actually know how to pronounce the word. You don't have to stress the "eeee" sound on the end of Mary--like Jud loves to do. It's more like 'Mair-ville'. But it is definitely not "Meer" ville. Where did you get that!?! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

And I think the use of "Mur" is exagerated. Only folks with Alnwick educations use that one.

Hillsboro needs to be on HIGH ALERT for a Maryville trick-play, in this circumstance.

2nd & goal from the 13.

Darn it, Hillsboro!

Don't ya'll know the Maryville's coaching staff's history?

Trick play for TD!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Whenever they get anywhere near the red zone (and they're struggling somewhat or desperate for a TD), they will almost always resort to trickeration!

Ask Melrose!

I witnessed Maryville do the same darn thing to Melrose, several times, years ago.