Knoxville Catholic vs. Mitchell

playoffsarecool

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Lipscomb fan, I know nothing of Catholic. However, I've seen Mitchell three times over the years and twice in the last 16 games.

They are very big. Offensive line averages 306 lbs a man. A different kid on the d-line, the nose guard is 372 or so. They are good running the ball straight ahead. Couldn't go wide at all. They quit trying after the first four or five times went poorly. Slant pattern to number 7 is good play. They only threw over the middle one time and our guy dropped what would have been a returned interception. All passes are short and to the side. Athleticism makes them yards after the catch. Kicking game has improved; but, still not what I would call great.

Their approach to playing has improved greatly. They did have two late hits five yards out of bounds; but, overall played much better as far as mistakes go. Penalties and stupid things were really cut down from prior meetings. Overall they played solid football.

Note to Mitchell coaching staff: when receiving a punt you are allowed to play with eleven players. I didn't count on the first punt when our longsnapper airmailed the ball. However, on the other three punt plays you lined up with nine, ten and ten players. Now that you've done that on film, it would probably be best to rectify that situation.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Once upon a time (last year), there were two teams. The big team, undefeated and cocky (New England) and the little team, ignored by everyone (New York). Everyone said that the big team would wipe the floor with the little team. They said that the little team shouldn't even bother to show up. But the little team didn't listen. They did show up, and beat the big team, the team that everyone said was unbeatable.

History tends to repeat itself. Look for Cocky Catholic to go down and end the season having won every game except the Championship, just like the Patriots. No one thinks Mitchell can win. And that's why the will win.

Mitchell 17

Knoxville Catholic 14

Just like the Super Bowl.

I don't have a horse in this race, not a fan of CHS but, do like to watch good HS football. As far as cocky I noticed the White house fans was BY FAR more COCKY and disrespectful of a home teams facility than I have ever seen, they got to the game real early and set up stack in the middle of the home teams stands and isle ways ( not a bad move for supporting your team) but, disrespectful none the less. I asked some CHS people if that was normal for thier stadium and the reply was that most teams that comes in there set at the ends of the blechers not in the middle. It sounds to me like sour grapes on your be half of your postings, ANY HS football team that has the talent to go 14-0 and make it the championship will have a certain amount of confidence (they would not be there without it) losers always think the other teams are cocky and the fans are cocky, on most cases its just the fact that they have had success and feel good about it. Your postings trully show how people have a tuff time with success, if it was your team going to boro and the tables were turned you would be all about your teams success, you would travel there CARPOOLING no doubt with your signes and your CONFIDENCE OF BEING THE BETTER TEAM with the dream of winning state. Face the facts WH and CHS was a very good game, WH may have very well won the game if they could hold on to the ball but, CHS had a lot to do with the turn overs and they capitolized on them. So man up and give the teams that are going their due, the ten teams that are there are the best in the state for 2008 not 07 or 09 and five will become champs of their divisions, so instead of talking about any of them in manner that disrespects the kids or the coaching staffs, give them respect for getting where they are.

I don't have a horse in this race, not a fan of CHS but, do like to watch good HS football. As far as cocky I noticed the White house fans was BY FAR more COCKY and disrespectful of a home teams facility than I have ever seen, they got to the game real early and set up stack in the middle of the home teams stands and isle ways ( not a bad move for supporting your team) but, disrespectful none the less. I asked some CHS people if that was normal for thier stadium and the reply was that most teams that comes in there set at the ends of the blechers not in the middle. It sounds to me like sour grapes on your be half of your postings, ANY HS football team that has the talent to go 14-0 and make it the championship will have a certain amount of confidence (they would not be there without it) losers always think the other teams are cocky and the fans are cocky, on most cases its just the fact that they have had success and feel good about it. Your postings trully show how people have a tuff time with success, if it was your team going to boro and the tables were turned you would be all about your teams success, you would travel there CARPOOLING no doubt with your signes and your CONFIDENCE OF BEING THE BETTER TEAM with the dream of winning state. Face the facts WH and CHS was a very good game, WH may have very well won the game if they could hold on to the ball but, CHS had a lot to do with the turn overs and they capitolized on them. So man up and give the teams that are going their due, the ten teams that are there are the best in the state for 2008 not 07 or 09 and five will become champs of their divisions, so instead of talking about any of them in manner that disrespects the kids or the coaching staffs, give them respect for getting where they are.

WH has a long history of thinking and acting like they are God's gift to football. However, they are a good football team. If KC beat them then I think that KC will win it all. Sounds like Mitchell isn't a very well coached team, especially on Special Teams. KC should be able to capatilze on that.

Note to Catholic staff and team:

We started to notice from the Lipscomb Game with Mitchell in 2007 and then it really came to light this past Friday night. After Lipscomb big plays or series of big plays, A Mitchell player will go down with an injury on the field. He will stay there awhile and then head back over to their sideline and then will go back into the game. Can't say what the story actually is...a real injury or something to break the momentum of the opposing team. It happened 7 times this past Friday night. Everytime the player came back into the game very shortly after laying on the field for several minutes.

With this being said, I'm still pulling for the Tigers.

WH has a long history of thinking and acting like they are God's gift to football. However, they are a good football team. If KC beat them then I think that KC will win it all. Sounds like Mitchell isn't a very well coached team, especially on Special Teams. KC should be able to capatilze on that.

White House has not acted or thought of ourselves as "God's gift to football". In fact it has been just the opposite. In almost every link we've been seen as the underdog. Certainly not given any respect on most posts here. I happen to be one of those parents that arrived early on Friday. We waited patiently for the gates to open. We went to the stands and saw that everything was taped off except for the section between Irish students and Irish Parents. There was a man with tape and barrel still marking off sections for KC. At this point we thought that this was intimidation in the stands at its best. Being surrounded by KC fans! At that point why didn't the "bleacher police" let us know that there was a section further down that was reserved for us! We were in no way imposing or ugly! We just wanted decent seating. From our perspective this was the ONLY seats available for WH! Enough bashing of WH please. Ask any school visiting our stadium! We love a good game and appreciate fan participation insomuch that our announcer will encourage visitors to get vocal and support their players! Mopre to the point of our teams' attitude, we knew 2 years ago we had average qb, last year knew we had real young qb, this year we knew we had unique group of talent coming together. How does that relay to God's gift? Oh well, life will continue and so shall we. Good luck to the remaining teams. My only hope is that both teams have there best game ever and the winner will come out on top! That is all we really wanted for our boys last friday! It is just football, remember? Remember all the folks that have passed on prematurely during this season, while we gripe and complain. How blessed we are that we can enjoy the best entertainment $7.00 ever bought!

We started to notice from the Lipscomb Game with Mitchell in 2007 and then it really came to light this past Friday night. After Lipscomb big plays or series of big plays, A Mitchell player will go down with an injury on the field. He will stay there awhile and then head back over to their sideline and then will go back into the game. Can't say what the story actually is...a real injury or something to break the momentum of the opposing team. It happened 7 times this past Friday night. Everytime the player came back into the game very shortly after laying on the field for several minutes.

can you say free timeout for the big'uns' up front, also a momentum breaker !

can you say free timeout for the big'uns' up front, also a momentum breaker !

That originated back in the 60's. It was used quite often in west Ky and west Tn when schools often had 11 two way players. It was called hotdogging at first....but later became known as the "James Brown , the king of Soul," injury. If you remember at the end of one of James Brown's songs , his backups would help him off the stage repeatedly as he would be near collapse......and he would come back repeatedly run back onstage to continue to sing. We would play a team that would use all its time-outs and a player would be "injured" every minute during the last 6 min of the game and prolong the game....rarely when the team was ahead would this tactic be used. Players always would come back in the game. The fad got around and people would say, ...if we get tired...we'll pull a James Brown on them....the refs have to call time out to "protect" the player......when the refs caught on ....and would start to warn the teams about their actions bordering "unsportsmanlike conduct".... the refs would then be called "Sgt Friday"....because they went "by the book".....even the bands would play the theme from Dragnet.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> There you have it!!!!!!!!

That originated back in the 60's. It was used quite often in west Ky and west Tn when schools often had 11 two way players. It was called hotdogging at first....but later became known as the "James Brown , the king of Soul," injury. If you remember at the end of one of James Brown's songs , his backups would help him off the stage repeatedly as he would be near collapse......and he would come back repeatedly run back onstage to continue to sing. We would play a team that would use all its time-outs and a player would be "injured" every minute during the last 6 min of the game and prolong the game....rarely when the team was ahead would this tactic be used. Players always would come back in the game. The fad got around and people would say, ...if we get tired...we'll pull a James Brown on them....the refs have to call time out to "protect" the player......when the refs caught on ....and would start to warn the teams about their actions bordering "unsportsmanlike conduct".... the refs would then be called "Sgt Friday"....because they went "by the book".....even the bands would play the theme from Dragnet.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> There you have it!!!!!!!!

Well, unfortunately, we had no Sgt. Fridays. Instead, we had a bunch of Sgt. Schultz's - "I see noth-ing. Noth-ing!" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And no, this wasn't the reason Mitchell won. They won. No sour grapes. Just disbelief. It was as obvious as a 400 lb. lineman! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And, yes, like Vandy1, I hope Mitchell takes home the gold ball. Very good team - of players and actors. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />