Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

I went by JB practice today to verify what C3PO said and he was right...they were practicing HOW NOT TO SCORE. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Heard the coach telling the kids "RUN, RUN.....NOW FALL DOWN....GOOD JOB.

THE PLANET U R FROM I DOUBT U EVEN NOW WHERE CEDAR HILL IS EVEN AT /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you dont believe me, TC could have scored every time they touched the ball in that game. In fact, in the second game with Watertown in the 2nd round of the playoffs. The TC team you are going to play, not the 05 team, put up 42 points in the 2nd quarter. If they continued to score like that for all four quarters, they would have scored 168 on one of the top 15 teams in the state. Yet, you dont believe me when I say that a team that most would agree is better than this years team could have beaten an RBS team that didnt even make TC's starters break a sweat by 250+. You scoff, I'm guessing you major in eligibility.

i was talking about tc not running up the score

i made it to college ball. but thats an individual accomplishment based upon physical ability and mental sturdiness. how many class 1A football players made it to college ball in 06. i will go out on a limb and guess not very many. a handful at best. however, my success is testament to my coaches. nothing more. without them i would not have had the technique to play well, and therefore would have never been recognized. i had the same coach that the jbhs players have now and he is an AMAZING coach. that is how I know that size will not only fail to intimidate them but be their ally. he taught me the technique and mentality needed to beat bigger and better players. and it worked quite well. i have the utmost confidence in my coach and his players. im not saying that jb will win. to be honest the chances don't look that well. however, i do know that they will give their best and that is all anyone can ask out of them. i will be proud of them regardless the outcome.

i watched TC play at state in 05 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> does that count! lol /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

once again. it is a matter of opinion and mine is no better than yours and vice versa. no one wins in a situation like that. there is no right answer. you like organic chemistry so i will use a parallel. the use of benzene in everyday products. is it right or wrong. it is known to be a genetic mutagen due to its similarity to the geometric formations of nucleic base pairs. is the damage permanent...probably not, yet it is still harmful. if you don't use it you take away products like plastics and other items essential to modern culture, but if you do then there is a powerful mutagen that you are exposed to day in and day out. your darned if you do and your darned if you don't.

haha! nice! the old english touch made it worth the read. yet the intellect was less than stimulating. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I believe this CPR guy might have a dislocated shoulder from patting himself on the back so much.

The only thing that CPR missed with his acute chemistry verbage was the addition of a poem done in verse of iambic pentameter....since you use the word "if" a lot...let me help you...I will add later your overuse of the pronoun "I".

"If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas"...............where is snoflake when you need him

I believe this CPR guy might have a dislocated shoulder from patting himself on the back so much.

The only thing that CPR missed with his acute chemistry verbage was the addition of a poem done in verse of iambic pentameter....since you use the word "if" a lot...let me help you...I will add later your overuse of the pronoun "I".

"If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas"...............where is snoflake when you need him

i like this thread more when the vocabulary expands to encompass iambic pentameter. nice diction my man. and tc fans bring out the worst in me. i wasn't like this last week

There was a post a little while back referring to Trousdale not fairing to well in the early 2000's.

For those that might not know, they were in 3A 2001-2004.

They had one of the smallest enrollments for 2A schools.(They played up.)

They lost in the semi's two of those years to the eventual state champs, so I'd say they were among the best in three classes anyway.

CPR talked about how JB's linemen's technique will give them the advantage over the bigger TC linemen. However, TC's linemen will play as soundly as the best JB lineman probably better. TC will be the most disciplined and sound team that JB will have played this year. But as they say, any given Friday, I just don't think an upset will happen in 1A this Friday.

As for as running up the score, it is picking your poison. I've seen plenty of games where they have gotten out of hand. As far as freshmen and JV in the game, if they can score, let them play. They work just as hard as the starters, and there parents are there to see them play like the starters. LET THEM PLAY. This is also why I'm not a fan of taking a knee unless it's a close game.

Good post Croz, I tried to tell them the same thing. They will have a better understanding Friday night.

man i just saw where TC has 451 students enrolled. WOW! yall got us whooped on numbers. must be nice havin all those kids to draw from. i guess yall are the best 2A team in the 1A playoffs. congrats guys.

Do I detect some sarcasm? Are you already planning on playing the "Enrollment Card" if you lose?

Well, little JB, it is NOT impossible for you to slay the giant. Once upon a time, many years ago, there was a small school (approx. 200-225 students) that beat Gallatin, Hendersonville, Nashville Overton, Nashville Cumberland, Portland, Macon County, etc. The enrollments of the schools they defeated were at least twice their enrollment. Some of them may have had enrollments 3-5 times the little school's enrollment. There were no classifications back then, and the little school DID NOT know any better than to play all its neighbors (no matter how big they were). They didn't whine, complain, or make sarcastic remarks about an opponent with a larger enrollment. They just went out on the field, and defeated ALL of them.

So you see, ENROLLMENT may not be as important as you think.

Here's your chance; go slay the giant and celebrate.

Do I detect some sarcasm? Are you already planning on playing the "Enrollment Card" if you lose?

Well, little JB, it is NOT impossible for you to slay the giant. Once upon a time, many years ago, there was a small school (approx. 200-225 students) that beat Gallatin, Hendersonville, Nashville Overton, Nashville Cumberland, Portland, Macon County, etc. The enrollments of the schools they defeated were at least twice their enrollment. Some of them may have had enrollments 3-5 times the little school's enrollment. There were no classifications back then, and the little school DID NOT know any better than to play all its neighbors (no matter how big they were). They didn't whine, complain, or make sarcastic remarks about an opponent with a larger enrollment. They just went out on the field, and defeated ALL of them.

So you see, ENROLLMENT may not be as important as you think.

Here's your chance; go slay the giant and celebrate.

your exactly right. my grandfathers team in the sixties did the same thing. he played for jb. went 12-0. i even got his starter jacket that has their record on it. those guys were little back then.

Woooooo finally! Didn't think i was ever gonna sift thru all 61 pages of pure crap!!! I honestly have to say it was very entertaining. Cpr dude i honestly have to say i have never heard one person brag on there self like you do. You really love yourself don't ya? People will never have to worry about you getting lonely because your always around the only person in the world that really matters to you! YOURSELF!!!! Well enough of that now on to the game. No doubt JBS is a good football team or they wouldn't be in the championship game. With that being said do i think they can win sure. Anything can happen!! In my opinion will they win NO!! I say that meaning no disrespect i'm very proud that they made it this far and they need to take it all in. Trust me this is something they'll be proud of and cherish for a lifetime. I had the oppurtunity to play on a championship team in 90 and wouldn't trade that experience for no amount of money. I also like my friend, the sign maker that now resides in Portland, had the oppurtunity to play the red devils when they weren't so good back in 90. If my memory serves me right it was a nice environment for high school football and some very nice folks. I'm proud of your program coming from where you where then to where you are now. That is very commendable. I look for a good hard fought game but i honestly think my boys will just be to much for ya. I say Jackets by two scores. If i'm wrong i'll take my crow just like the rest of the jacket faithful and i guarantee you'll hear no excuses from me!! GO JACKETS!!!

As far as the 'running up the score crap'. I was at that game and that's as far from the truth as it goes. The youngons played almost all night and played hard as did the RBS boys. The RBS coaches need there head examined for some of the boneheaded moves they made that night but nothing but respect for the players at RBS from me. As far as your coach telling the youngons to lay down and not play. That's just wrong and stupid!!! Those youngons go to practice everyday and work hard year round. They finally get a chance to play and you don't letem. That's a crock! Up until this year we didn't play JV games so the underclassmen had no oppurtunity to see playing time unless it was in clean up duty. So the point is you've gotta let em play!!! It's not as disrespectful as laying down and playing dead.