Championship games on TV?

Titans0210

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA and Ronnie Carter oughta be tied in the tallest tree by their ....................

It's a shame that these games are not going to be shown on local channels like in the past.

Well at least I should be able to catch the last part of the 1A game on the internet via AM 1090's website.

I also have Dish Network,and cannot believe their isn,t no local channels showing these games.Great income from advertisment from local to statewide buisness. I know the last few yrs. everyone I know watched 1 or 2 of these games.Some local networks ad execs. missed this one . SHOULD COST somebody their job. If any one finds these games on local or dish , please posst and let me know. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Just went thru my entire dish guide for tomorrow night and no high school games. Stinks!

I kind of doubt that the games will be on dish. The games are mostly on CSS which does not go out over dish.

Also, I saw some people mention that the games are not listed on their guide for their cable network. Try it anyway, it will probably be on. A lot of times these games will be broadcast regionally but the listings will still have what will go out over the rest of the network instead.

Also, I'll repost the link for the TV schedule:

http://tssaa.org/2008Champions/StateFootball/TVCoverage.pdf

Or you can pay to watch or listen at THSSN.net

I'm in Upper East Tenn , Don't look like we get it either. Watched all 5 last year. I was really looking forward to it.

Well if you want to watch some high school football, turn to channel 18 in the east and you can watch the Georgia State semi's.

On my my last years guide it said "Movie", not Tennesse High School Football. Maybe there is a chance.

The last several years WB (a channel available to all local markets and satellite subscribers who get local channels) carried the TSSAA championship games. However, this year the high bid must have gone to CSS, a sports channel owned by Comcast/Charter. Thus unless you have Comcast/Charter or your local cable system carries CSS you will not see the games. CSS is not available to any satellite subscribers. Thus if you have a satellite you get zilch! Unfortunately for those of us who live in rural areas, like most people in Trousdale County and Jo Byrns, you very well may not get to see the game on television. I personally do not have cable available at my home thus a satellite. It appears to be a decision by the TSSAA that, like most they make, is not very well thought out and made in the interest of a few instead of the high school fan as a whole!