East 5 West 0

slimshady

That ain't holding water, because you get the same thing in East and Middle, Look at Knoxville and Chattanooga,Nashville, they don't seem to have those problems. Your theory ain't working. But if thats what makes you feel better. So be it. As a matter of fact on most years you could take Knoxville Austin-East and combine them with Knoxville Fulton and SMEAR the Memphis All-Stars.

You are on meth, crack, or something. Knoxville and Nashville can't compare with all the schools in Memphis. It is not a theory, it is a mere fact. If we combine three schools in Memphis and they will beat down any school in the entire state

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there are 4 schools in Gibson County......just as there are 4 schools in Blount County. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, Gibson Co. does have 4 schools, soon to be 5.

Gibson Co. ( AA basketball, AA football)

Milan ( AA basketball, AA football)

Humboldt ( A basketball, AA football)

Bradford ( A basketball, no football team)

Being built right now will be South Gibson Co. High School. It'll be located in Medina which is a pretty small town right outside of Jackson. Most people have been moving out of Jackson and into Medina and Medina is about a 30-35 minute drive for students driving to Gibson Co. High School in Dyer. South Gibson Co. High School will probably turn out to be bigger than Gibson Co. High School now.

Being built right now will be South Gibson Co. High School. It'll be located in Medina which is a pretty small town right outside of Jackson. Most people have been moving out of Jackson and into Medina and Medina is about a 30-35 minute drive for students driving to Gibson Co. High School in Dyer. South Gibson Co. High School will probably turn out to be bigger than Gibson Co. High School now.

You left out Trenton there friend! LoL Gibson Co has 5 soon to be 6. Therefore it's 5 schools...closed zones schools that the talent is spread between.

I don't think South Gibson will become much larger than Gibson Co. just because the way they will zone the districts. Yes Gibson Co. and Humboldt will both loose students because currently students in Medina have the choice of Gibson Co. HS and Humboldt HS.

I'm not sure what you mean by current playoff brackets. But....

since 2000, teams from Middle and East TN have won by a count of 41-4. Thats 1a to 5a. Now what?

The teams from the West who have won since 2000 are

2006 JCS in 1a

2003 Huntingdon in 2a, Germantown in 5a

2002 Ridgeway in 3a.

The playoffs have changed as to where teams go. In the 90's some teams went west, but then they changed it in the late 90's or 2000's and those teams went east. You went back to 2000 so your data is a good representation of what your point is. I expected to see more parity and equality between east and west. The west teams do seem to be weaker. I don't even pretend to know why, but the facts are there. I still think Alcoaville would stomp any team in the state.

GC, how could you forget about Trenton?

So...I did a little research that might help in some conclusions on the East Vs. West debate....except I'm adding splitting it into West, Middle and East for the purpose of my project....

Out of 95 counties in Tennessee:

33 are East

41 are Middle

21 are West

Population:

East: 2,214,023

Middle: 2,219,855

West: 1,532,154

Top Five counties from each area by size:

East:

1. Knox- 411,967 21 Public HS

2. Hamilton- 312,905 26 Public HS

3. Sullivan- 153,239 6 Public HS

4. Blount- 118,186 5 Public HS

5. Washington- 114,316 4 Public HS

Middle:

1. Davidson- 578,698 33 Public HS

2. Rutherford- 228,829 10 Public HS

3. Williamson- 160,781 9 Public HS

4. Sumner- 149,416 13 Public HS

5. Montgomery- 147, 114 7 Public HS

West:

1.Shelby- 911,438 60 Public HS

2.Madison- 95,894 9 Public HS

3.Tipton- 57,380 3 Public HS

4.Gibson- 48,461 5 Public HS

5.Dyer- 37,886 2 Public HS

Now just looking at the numbers, West TN isn't even close size wise to the other two areas of the state. Therefore, the talent of student athletes one could believably assume would be less than the other two areas of the state. If you take out Shelby county, The numbers are not even CLOSE to the other top 5's in the area. There is an 800 THOUSAND population difference!!!

This being said...I have to agree with highschoolking. I know that Maryville and Alcoa(Blount County) have AWESOME athletes. But the athletes in this county are spread across 5 school. The talent of Shelby county is spread across SIXTY schools!!! And I'm pretty sure...(correct me if I'm wrong) but Shelby county has closed zones as well. Alot of the teams in Memphis have one or two great players. But you never hear about them because they aren't on a team that is FILLED with talented kids. If you were to take all the talent in Shelby Co. and combine them....I must agree with my facts here that there wouldn't be a team in the state that could touch them! Not even Alcoaville! Population in an area has alot to do with how good a school is. The larger the population, the more choices you have in athletes.

So...I did a little research that might help in some conclusions on the East Vs. West debate....except I'm adding splitting it into West, Middle and East for the purpose of my project....

Out of 95 counties in Tennessee:

33 are East

41 are Middle

21 are West

Population:

East: 2,214,023

Middle: 2,219,855

West: 1,532,154

Top Five counties from each area by size:

East:

1. Knox- 411,967 21 Public HS

2. Hamilton- 312,905 26 Public HS

3. Sullivan- 153,239 6 Public HS

4. Blount- 118,186 5 Public HS

5. Washington- 114,316 4 Public HS

Middle:

1. Davidson- 578,698 33 Public HS

2. Rutherford- 228,829 10 Public HS

3. Williamson- 160,781 9 Public HS

4. Sumner- 149,416 13 Public HS

5. Montgomery- 147, 114 7 Public HS

West:

1.Shelby- 911,438 60 Public HS

2.Madison- 95,894 9 Public HS

3.Tipton- 57,380 3 Public HS

4.Gibson- 48,461 5 Public HS

5.Dyer- 37,886 2 Public HS

Now just looking at the numbers, West TN isn't even close size wise to the other two areas of the state. Therefore, the talent of student athletes one could believably assume would be less than the other two areas of the state. If you take out Shelby county, The numbers are not even CLOSE to the other top 5's in the area. There is an 800 THOUSAND population difference!!!

This being said...I have to agree with highschoolking. I know that Maryville and Alcoa(Blount County) have AWESOME athletes. But the athletes in this county are spread across 5 school. The talent of Shelby county is spread across SIXTY schools!!! And I'm pretty sure...(correct me if I'm wrong) but Shelby county has closed zones as well. Alot of the teams in Memphis have one or two great players. But you never hear about them because they aren't on a team that is FILLED with talented kids. If you were to take all the talent in Shelby Co. and combine them....I must agree with my facts here that there wouldn't be a team in the state that could touch them! Not even Alcoaville! Population in an area has alot to do with how good a school is. The larger the population, the more choices you have in athletes.

If your numbers are correct then I recant my statement and I declare that Shelby County would beat Alcoaville in the greatest display of football talent the state has ever seen. Good job on the research!!!

If your numbers are correct then I recant my statement and I declare that Shelby County would beat Alcoaville in the greatest display of football talent the state has ever seen. Good job on the research!!!

My population numbers came on the census web site. Couldn't find a good website that broke TN into geographical numbers according to counties so I pulled up my Excel page and made one myself. LoL My high school lists came from Wikipedia, which may vary some what due to the fact it's not 100% accurate. But I think it's pretty close from what I saw. Either way the point was the fact that personally I don't look at west as "weak"....just unfortunately for the West teams they have more against them from the start. Weak is just such a....negative word. Guess that's the "girl" coming out in me! haha!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />