11-AAA Games and Predictions and Finals

tnballin59

Indyfan09,

You keep opening your mouth and making Franklin fans (and players) angrier and angrier, and you obviously don't know much about sports, because all of the hot air that is coming out of your mouth just adds fuel to the fire for us Rebel fans. You think that IHS is going to win at Franklin when that has never happened before? I don't think so.

Also, you want to trash the baseball team on the basketball thread, so I'll just say this: What has Independence ever done on the baseball field? Nothing. The Rebels have obviously been the dominant team in district 11AAA in both baseball and basketball for the whole time that Independence has been around. So stop talking trash, and we'll see what happens on the court and on the field.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indyfan09,

You keep opening your mouth and making Franklin fans (and players) angrier and angrier, and you obviously don't know much about sports, because all of the hot air that is coming out of your mouth just adds fuel to the fire for us Rebel fans. You think that IHS is going to win at Franklin when that has never happened before? I don't think so.

Also, you want to trash the baseball team on the basketball thread, so I'll just say this: What has Independence ever done on the baseball field? Nothing. The Rebels have obviously been the dominant team in district 11AAA in both baseball and basketball for the whole time that Independence has been around. So stop talking trash, and we'll see what happens on the court and on the field.

Indyfan 09. you got owned again. Where is all your support? HAHAHAHA

first off they can make the big win, they have kids who have been starting for 3-4 years, AND what makes you think im a fan? if you knew who this was you'd be really regretting all this, you apparently play baseball.. and our football team wasn't good this year because of talent not cause of fans, i was at every game. get your facts straight.

While that statement is true; there is also a lot more to it such as the region was back to normalcy this year after a down season last year when Indy made their trip to state. But this is for another thread and i'll leave it at that.

I still think Franklin will win the region, however Brentwood or Indy could pull it out. However Indy will have to take care of teams like Hillsboro and Brentwood will have to take care of their business against teams like Ravenwood.

I went to the Franklin vs. Centennial game Friday night and couldn't believe what I was watching. Never could I imagine the Rebels losing to their two biggest rivals on back to back Friday nights. However, I still believe Franklin is the team to beat and could be very dangerous during play-off time and make a very surprising run for the state tournament. They have a great team on paper, but they all have to play well to make it far and I believe they can from watching them this year. I know their struggling a little right now, but i believe they're about to heat up.

Also, while I was at the Centennial game I still do not understand Franklin's way of substituting. Play your best 8 players. You're their to win.

Well my Eagles lost tonight, but my statement about Franklin being overrated is starting to look more accurate each day. They have not looked impressive in 2009. Independence will beat them when we make our trip up. Right now I see Hillsboro as the team in the district that can do the most damage. And remember you heard it hear first, Franklin is garbage. Go ahead and move onto baseball, oh yeah you are going to stink at that too.

You simply amaze me, but i can see why you think Franklin is somewhat overrated this year, but it honestly does not matter how the season goes. No one remembers the regular season, the play-offs is what people remember. I still could see Brentwood or Franklin making a run for the state tourney though, but Independence just doesn't have the line-up to match up with a Bearden, White Station, or Raleigh Egypt (hopefully you've heard of these teams).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like Franklin, Indy, Brentwood, and Hillsboro are setting themselves above the rest of the district. However there is still a lot of basketball left to be played.

The CHS game was a big suurprize as I watched the game I keep thinking this can't be happening. I do think

we are going to far into our bench this year. We don't shoot the ball as well outside as some of the previous FHS teams. But look for the Rebs to rebound and start playing up to our potential. I see FHS, IHS and BHS slugging it out for district title. Hillsboro maybe the most dangerous team come tournamet time except for us ofcourse...

Did not know this had turned in to a comedy thread. Independence fans talking trash about basketball, football, and baseball. Okay, whatever?

On Franklin

Bad News; they have lost 2 district games in the same season for the first time in like 5 years.

Good News; they are still in first place in the district.

We still have FHS @ BHS, INDY @ FHS, and some other interesting second matchups.

Franklin has spoiled us. If Jay J. and his Rebels don't sweep the district and the tourney then all the fans think it's a dissapointment. The run they have had is pretty unbelievable when you think about it.

So now they've lost a few. Maybe this will help them? Maybe Franklin wins the district tourney. Maybe the seniors now realize that it's almost coming to an end.

We know Franklin will have a say in D-11AAA and the Region. Maye people doubting them and bad mouthing them is just what they need!

Franklin 19-5 (6-2)D-11AAA

This week Hillwood & @ Ravenwood

Franklin, Brentwood, and Independence all have 2 league losses. They all play each other 1 more time. Besides Haddix and Young, Franklin has struggled to find that third scorer lately. Although D-Mac did have a 20 pt outburst last Friday.

Miller-McLemore, Henry, Starnes, or Glover have to provide Franklin with that third scoring threat or teams will continue to face guard Young and double team Haddix. Not saying they have to score 20, but Franklin wins games when the box score goes something like.....

Haddix 17, Young 14, Henry 11, Glover 9, Miller-Mclemore 9, Starnes 8, and then add some from the bench....

On a positive note, I think James Haddix is headed for ALL-DISTRICT AND ALL REGION post season awards. He had a nice drop step slam and 14 points against Drew Kelly. Not bad for a first year starter. In my opinion, Kelly is under-rated nationally; what he did to Jon Hood in KY was unreal. (Hood is a top 150 player)

In 6 years, this is the first time Jay Johnson has lost to Brentwood or Centennial,,,,simply amazing.

Hopefully Franklin can roll off 6 wins in a row heading in to the tourney, we all know that #1 seed heading in to the Regions is a HUGE advantage!

Did not know this had turned in to a comedy thread. Independence fans talking trash about basketball, football, and baseball. Okay, whatever?

On Franklin

Bad News; they have lost 2 district games in the same season for the first time in like 5 years.

Good News; they are still in first place in the district.

We still have FHS @ BHS, INDY @ FHS, and some other interesting second matchups.

Franklin has spoiled us. If Jay J. and his Rebels don't sweep the district and the tourney then all the fans think it's a dissapointment. The run they have had is pretty unbelievable when you think about it.

So now they've lost a few. Maybe this will help them? Maybe Franklin wins the district tourney. Maybe the seniors now realize that it's almost coming to an end.

We know Franklin will have a say in D-11AAA and the Region. Maye people doubting them and bad mouthing them is just what they need!

Not Independence fans. Independence fan. That guy brings shame to all of us normal fans.

that's our problem at school is people like you, that's why our football team went down the tubes this year. Pettigrew and Company hated Franklin and they didn't care who knew it. No matter the sport, the goal was to beat Franklin. Now we are becoming soft. Sure Franklin didn't lose a regular season game in four years but they always choke when it counts, that is what history will say about this group of seniors. They couldn't get over the hump. BTW be a good fan and know your rivals history. Franklin got trounced in the regional semi-finals last year after blowing the champhionship game in district. Say what you want, but my opinion is the Rebels are overrated.

don't be talking smack to redmachine thinking you know more about this basketball team or any IHS sports than he does. You probally have no idea who he is. And franklin didn't blow the district championship game. They lost to a better Hillsboro team that year. You're bringing shame to all IHS fans.