GC vs OC

VOREBS

Basketball may NOT HAVE BEEN the reason for the move. Maybe, it was something personal within the family? People believe just because Aubrey was good and she moved from OC to GC it was all in relation to basketball... maybe it wasn't. No one knows except the Reedy's and it's really our business not to worry about it, but to just let things happen.

Before the season, I saw a couple of OC say that Reedy wasn't a big loss to OC this year. They said she only averaged 8 PPG last year. She did, but look how old she was and look at all who she was playing behind. Yes, I read all of that on here. I wonder if those people take those comments back?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look ...I Know from the "horsEs" mouth that some dirty thiNgs were said after the game!! aNd Yes OC did show some class because some of the players TOLD the student section to not make things harder on Aubrey than they already were. If you have some type of vendetta against Aubrey, who is a junior in HIGH SCHOOL, maybe you should take it up with her parents. Otherwise, please quit referring to her as leaving her team, like she is some sort of NBA player asking for a trade.

Aubrey played an outstanding game Friday night, that really should be all that is said. I am sure the members of the OC team, and the fans of OC would have loved to have her playing with the Lady Rebs, for she is an outstanding player. But she now plays at Gibson Co.

That does not change the fact that she is a great player, and a great young lady. I think most would say, that while they would like to have her here, they wish her the best. I expected the crowd reaction that she got when she was introduced, which I thought was a good thing.

As I said on here before, the Reedy family has been friends of mine and alot of others here for a long time. Nothing changed, or nothing should have. Sometimes I think, no I know we put too much importance on sports. Young people have enough to deal with today, without this type of stuff.

Look ...I Know from the "horsEs" mouth that some dirty thiNgs were said after the game!! aNd Yes OC did show some class because some of the players TOLD the student section to not make things harder on Aubrey than they already were. If you have some type of vendetta against Aubrey, who is a junior in HIGH SCHOOL, maybe you should take it up with her parents. Otherwise, please quit referring to her as leaving her team, like she is some sort of NBA player asking for a trade.

Well..I'm not sure where you think I have some type of vendetta against Aubrey...I'm not sure you can really find anywhere where I have...Did she not leave the team??...Maybe I should say she left school....Or transferred....Or whatever you want to call it....Bottom line is she is not at OC anymore....And is now playing for a rival team...Do I personally care??..No I don't and have numerous times wished her all the luck in the world on this site..And still do..If OC doesn't make it to state then I hope Aubrey and her team does and she wins MVP...And I mean that...Believe me...If I have a problem with someone or vice versa, I'm not hard to find and have never hid behind a screen name on CoachT....You know who I am (as many, many, many people on here do) and I know who you are....

I already stated in my post that I don't think it was right if that's what happened...You say it did and you would have an inside track on that Bryant so I think it probably did....But you should also know as a former player that this could cause hard feelings...It did when the Rebs had another couple of players transfer and play for Dyersburg last season..It's part of it and everyone involved had to know there could be problems...Personally, I think it is just as simple as parents looking out for their kids and trying to do what's best for them and you can't argue with that...I was proud of the Rebel fans that they did give her an ovation and didn't give her any problems...

Again...I wish all the luck in the world for Audrey and her family...From what I hear they are great people....I feel bad for her for whatever was said and maybe it will be addressed and won't happen when the two teams play again...

Aubrey Reedy would be an asset to any team. I have watched her over the years become one of the best players in our area. Through hard work, dedication and the support of her family she has become a very good basketball player. Aubrey is the kind of girl every coach would love to have unselfish, a team player & a leader on the court. I truly love to watch her play.

Aubrey Reedy would be an asset to any team. I have watched her over the years become one of the best players in our area. Through hard work, dedication and the support of her family she has become a very good basketball player. Aubrey is the kind of girl every coach would love to have unselfish, a team player & a leader on the court. I truly love to watch her play.

You are 100% correct and I was proud of the way she played and handled the situation..It would have been very easy to just have folded and not performed under that kind of pressure but she didn't..Personally, I thought she was the best player on the floor for the Lady Pioneers...She played like an All-State player on Friday night....

Well..I'm not sure where you think I have some type of vendetta against Aubrey...I'm not sure you can really find anywhere where I have...Did she not leave the team??...Maybe I should say she left school....Or transferred....Or whatever you want to call it....Bottom line is she is not at OC anymore....And is now playing for a rival team...Do I personally care??..No I don't and have numerous times wished her all the luck in the world on this site..And still do..If OC doesn't make it to state then I hope Aubrey and her team does and she wins MVP...And I mean that...Believe me...If I have a problem with someone or vice versa, I'm not hard to find and have never hid behind a screen name on CoachT....You know who I am (as many, many, many people on here do) and I know who you are....

I already stated in my post that I don't think it was right if that's what happened...You say it did and you would have an inside track on that Bryant so I think it probably did....But you should also know as a former player that this could cause hard feelings...It did when the Rebs had another couple of players transfer and play for Dyersburg last season..It's part of it and everyone involved had to know there could be problems...Personally, I think it is just as simple as parents looking out for their kids and trying to do what's best for them and you can't argue with that...I was proud of the Rebel fans that they did give her an ovation and didn't give her any problems...

Again...I wish all the luck in the world for Audrey and her family...From what I hear they are great people....I feel bad for her for whatever was said and maybe it will be addressed and won't happen when the two teams play again...

I appreciate all the kind words you wrote about Aubrey. After being so close to the family, I have seen "sides to the story" that no one could imagine. As anyone would in my situation, I am only looking out for Aubrey as a good friend. Also as imagined, I hate to see her upset when emotions start flying like they did Friday night. If I wrongly accused you, then please accept my apologies. I guess emotions can cloud one's reason on occasion. I have always considered Steven to be a good friend of mine and I know he would have reacted the same way had he felt someone was questioning the decision that was made to move Shawn (who by the way stepped up big in the game on Sat). Once again I am sorry as I misunderstood the meanings of your posts.

Go Tornadoes, Pioneers, and Rebels!!!!:)

I appreciate all the kind words you wrote about Aubrey. After being so close to the family, I have seen "sides to the story" that no one could imagine. As anyone would in my situation, I am only looking out for Aubrey as a good friend. Also as imagined, I hate to see her upset when emotions start flying like they did Friday night. If I wrongly accused you, then please accept my apologies. I guess emotions can cloud one's reason on occasion. I have always considered Steven to be a good friend of mine and I know he would have reacted the same way had he felt someone was questioning the decision that was made to move Shawn (who by the way stepped up big in the game on Sat). Once again I am sorry as I misunderstood the meanings of your posts.

Go Tornadoes, Pioneers, and Rebels!!!!:)

I understand completely...I know what the family is going through...We did go through some of that with Shawn...I go through it as well with my obvious loyalties to Union City...And there is no need to apologize...It's very easy to misunderstand posts on here...

Thanks for the shout-out to Shawn...He is playing his role right now and understands it...Saturday night's experience will be of great benefit to him and the team later on down the road...

You are 100% correct and I was proud of the way she played and handled the situation..It would have been very easy to just have folded and not performed under that kind of pressure but she didn't..Personally, I thought she was the best player on the floor for the Lady Pioneers...She played like an All-State player on Friday night....

No chance she will fold (or would have)....McMillan would not allow that in this game or any other OC game. The Wizard continues to wreak havoc in 13AA. I am sure he phoned Phil Jackson and got some advise from the zen master on how to handle that situation, and the answer was undoubtedly to turn her loose and let her score a bunch of points!

BOO

I ran into Aubrey & family at everybody's favorite shopping place over a month or so ago and asked her how were things at Gibson County and she said she loved it there and was happy with how everything was going and the bottom line is that's all that matters. I'm happy for her and wish her and her family the best /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As for the game- it was one of the better played girls games I've seen in quite sometime. As this was in mid-December so one can imagine how much better both of these teams will be as the season progresses.

Nothing suprises me anymore about how Aubrey played because she's always been a solid performer and one of the smarter players around. She is and will continue to be a huge asset to the Lady Pioneers. Griffin had a nice game and continues to get better and will always be a force inside. Butler missed some shots early but continued to run the offense and make her points later on. My hats off to the Lady Pioneers on a district win on the road.

The Lady Rebs have nothing to be ashamed of. I was impressed with how they handled GC's full-court pressure and continued to attack the basket and convert. Some of the younger players really stepped up and will continue to get better. Kacee Eaves is shooting the ball extremely well from the outside and my congrats on Chassidy for topping the 1,000 points as this is now the third straight season a Lady Rebel has topped 1,000 points(Jana Roney, Gentry Reedy and now Fussell)

I think the huge crowd that watched the game got their money's worth and it'll be interesting when the two teams play again at GC..

Didn't see the ghost there, he may have been checking out the new state of the art softball field.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That was definately one of the best girls basketball games I've ever seen....Only one other I can remember being that exciting(JNS vs OC in Region Championship Abby Reedy's Sr. Year)........

Going into the game, I really didn't know what to expect of the Lady Rebels this year.....Now, I know they're contenders and will give GC and Westview fits the rest of the year.....and what can I say about Chassidy Fussell, the girl is the real deal.....

GC is an excellent team.....Aubrey has improved greatly since the move to GC, and things only look better for her.....There's no doubt that GC is the team to beat in 13AA....and Congrats to them on the win!!!

Looking foward to the next time these two meet!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!

lol i think i figured out y fussel is so good... someone told me she plays ball with mj brown all the time lol i imagine that'd make anyone good... doesn't really surprise me though after watching her the other night she really plays more of a guy's game (not saying that as an insult) similar to poston from milan last year... i really think she could go big D1... it'd be nice to see her playing somewhere in the SEC!