Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

Why is it ridiculous? First, as I stated in several previous replies that I or nobody else is implying that Alcoa is recruiting. Second, I do not mention kids names, ie high school players, in a public forum unless it's simply for praise. Third, it is an advertised fact that in 2008 31% of Alcoa's student make-up were tuition students. Do you really think that the football team roster would not reflect that makeup? Forth, it is common knowledge that there are several kids that attend Alcoa to JUST participate in the football program and that do not live in the city and are tuition students. So do you really think that 40% is an unfair number? I think not. Regardless of the number of students that attend Alcoa it is no way a reflection of the power that Alcoa is in football relative to the size of the school. With that large influx of tuition players that attend just to be a part of the program the size of the school is not relative to the success of the program. Alcoa could be a small school or a large school and it really wouldn't matter. As for difference makers....just like Maryville in the past, and IMO even more so at Alcoa, there have been many "difference makers' at Alcoa that were tuition students and did no live in the city of Alcoa.

I don't remember Alcoa fans in the past ever being as whinny as MLREB this year!? B):thumb:

MLREB will have to be put on "deathwatch" if Alcoa win this year. :thumb:

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hitchrunner , I have tried to just ignore you because you are so childish andknow nothing of what you speak (type) ... so here it is 24/09/09 be there or shut up. I sit on the west end of the home side I will be there, you know what seats why don't you come over and introduce yourself.

With warmest regards ,

GREYRIDER

Why is it ridiculous? First, as I stated in several previous replies that I or nobody else is implying that Alcoa is recruiting. Second, I do not mention kids names, ie high school players, in a public forum unless it's simply for praise. Third, it is an advertised fact that in 2008 31% of Alcoa's student make-up were tuition students. Do you really think that the football team roster would not reflect that makeup? Forth, it is common knowledge that there are several kids that attend Alcoa to JUST participate in the football program and that do not live in the city and are tuition students. So do you really think that 40% is an unfair number? I think not. Regardless of the number of students that attend Alcoa it is no way a reflection of the power that Alcoa is in football relative to the size of the school. With that large influx of tuition players that attend just to be a part of the program the size of the school is not relative to the success of the program. Alcoa could be a small school or a large school and it really wouldn't matter. As for difference makers....just like Maryville in the past, and IMO even more so at Alcoa, there have been many "difference makers' at Alcoa that were tuition students and did no live in the city of Alcoa.

No, what you are implying is that because a person is a tuition or in the term that is often used here "open-zone" player, he is a difference maker, and if it were not for such players Alcoa would not have had the success that they have had over the years (10 championships). According to this analogy, it couldn't possibly be in grown talent, hard work or great coaching. Alcoa has to rely on recruiting oops, I'm sorry tuition students, big plays, weak schedules or just plain luck. I say it's ridiculous because your rationale just doesn't add up 40% tuition enrollment = 40% team makeup. It just kills some Maryville fans to give Alcoa an inkling of credit yet I'm not surprised--it's been that way for years, it's a long standing elitist attitude.

whatever you SAPOS. Its the section with really short slick steps, so be very careful , would not want you to fall and hurt yourself. :roflol: btw I am about 5' 5" 245 with a mullet. Ill be wearing some camo overalls and a dale jr hat that says pi$$ on Rusty. You should not too much trouble finding me.

alcoafan72 I coundn't have said it any better. There's know helping MLREB. His percentages are about half that and we know that 96% of the starters the last 5 YEARS are from ALCOA. Like you said in an earlier post they grew up together and play even in the grasshopper league together. The funny thing about his comments are Maryville has raped the COUNTY SCHOOLS for years(& a few from Knoxville as well). But yet he still wants to come back to this subject. We can go on & on with this subject but I prefer to move on from this jealous behavior( or at least that's what it sounds like). dry.gif

Now back to this great rivalry between two very good teams. We all know what this game is going to come down to. That's who ever wins the battle in the trenches will secure the victory. This is Alcoa's best offensive and defensive lineman since 05. Its also their deepest team ever. Having said all of that Quarles will have his players jacked up and thinking there getting ready to play the STEELERS. They will be focused and well prepared to do battle. It will be an interesting chest match between the two coaches.

Come Friday we will take our ALL STAR squad from Hall, Rock Gardens, Springbrook, Armona, Northwood, & Oakdale communities to take on the evil empire. THE F5 IS COMMIN SOON-----VERY SOON!!! SO YOU BETTER TAKE COVER!!! :roflol:

Sometimes people take things too personally. Then here comes the name calling, "elitist", "arrogant". I thnk MLREB was pointing out that a 2A school with 544 (last number i saw on here) enrolled that boasts close to 100 out for football has an advantage over most, if not every other 2A team in the state. When was the last time Alcoa was remotely challenged in a 2A Title game??? No one is saying you do not have a good coach, or work hard. Maryville has the same, but has had many close state championship games and lost a hearbreaker last year. For whatever reason you want to attach to it Alcoa is NOT challenged in the classification they are in. That isn't an opinion, for anyone paying attention it is a fact.

Best of luck to both teams. And I know this is Alcoa's deepest team ever. It always is isn't it? Does T Robinson still play both ways? Does your QB play in the secondary like he did in the jamboree? Not being "elite" or "arrogant" just trying to ascertain your definition of "depth".

I am 5'8 175 & the reason they call me Bladerunner is not because of some Sci Fi movie. The reason I win our debates is becasue I don't call you names.

You will know me because I am the most relaxed one there.

I don't lose my cool because I am cool like that.

BTW I don't live in Oak Ridge but I support my Team.

I am going to drive in for the games.

What is it about Central that you hate? I bet it is their record. That's sad really,

I wonder if kids frm Central are on here seeing you.. (thieir best former football player) cheering for another school.

Stick with your own (Central) & then talk trash.. Because you don't have a dog in this fight. Neither do I.