Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked by the margin of victory in this game. I'm not necessarily shocked that Alcoa won however. I thought Alcoa might eek out a win in this game, but I sure didn't expect this. Congrats to Alcoa folks on the win. I know it was a long time coming for you. As for Maryville, I still am quite concerned about Farragut having to play you guys. Maryville just has an awesome program and awesome coach. I think that will still be a very tough game and it will be tough being in the same district as Maryville. See yall later in the year.

I'm shocked by the margin of victory in this game. I'm not necessarily shocked that Alcoa won however. I thought Alcoa might eek out a win in this game, but I sure didn't expect this. Congrats to Alcoa folks on the win. I know it was a long time coming for you. As for Maryville, I still am quite concerned about Farragut having to play you guys. Maryville just has an awesome program and awesome coach. I think that will still be a very tough game and it will be tough being in the same district as Maryville. See yall later in the year.

Y'all got a running game? Alcoa didn't attempt a pass.

Maryville isn't going to be very good this year. I live in Alabama now, but I can just listen to the names of some of the kids out there playing and I know we are going to take plenty of beatings.

You can tell by their names...what? :motorbike:

Pretty simple concept... I have known those kids since they were all about 4 or 5 years old. I know which ones are talented and I know which ones are not very athletic. When you hear the names of the ones you know are not up to the talents level that Maryville usually fields then you can tell that they are in trouble, especially considering the fact that Maryville plays in a tougher region now. To put it more simply... some of the kids that are playing for Maryville this year would not sniff the field in past years. They just wouldn't be talented enough or athletic enough to compete against the guys on past teams.

So, like I said, I can hear the names of the kids out there playing and I know that Maryville doesn't have a very talented team this year.

Congrats to the Tornadoes. That is what we call a good old fashioned butt-whoopin.

Without looking at the stats I'll guess 430 yards on the ground?

I'll just go ahead and say based on what I saw tonight that Alcoa could probably win as high as the 5A state title with very little competition.

As for Maryville......

The line play better get better in a hurry or they are looking at a 5-5 season.

Yes. We have a very good offense with both the run and the pass. We are very well balanced. We ran for nearly 300 yards on Dobyns-Bennett and we had a similar good running game tonight against Oak Ridge. On top of that, our all-state QB Reese Browning is back and he throws extremely well. We scrimmaged Alcoa and held our own pretty good with them. D'Andre Purdy our tailback ran an 80+ yard TD against Alcoa in our scrimmage with them. Our weakest link in my opinion is pass defense. A really good thowing team might give us some trouble.

Yes. We have a very good offense with both the run and the pass. We are very well balanced. We ran for nearly 300 yards on Dobyns-Bennett and we had a similar good running game tonight against Oak Ridge. On top of that, our all-state QB Reese Browning is back and he throws extremely well. We scrimmaged Alcoa and held our own pretty good with them. D'Andre Purty our tailback ran an 80+ yard TD against Alcoa in our scrimmage with them. Our weakest link in my opinion is pass defense. A really good thowing team might give us some trouble.

Funny thing is that last year Alcoa could pass all over Maryville if they wanted to. MHS couldn't stop Ty Rob. Alcoa just wouldn't change their game plan. This year they didn't have to. MHS couldn't stop the run and Alcoa rolled.

Yes. We have a very good offense with both the run and the pass. We are very well balanced. We ran for nearly 300 yards on Dobyns-Bennett and we had a similar good running game tonight against Oak Ridge. On top of that, our all-state QB Reese Browning is back and he throws extremely well. We scrimmaged Alcoa and held our own pretty good with them. D'Andre Purdy our tailback ran an 80+ yard TD against Alcoa in our scrimmage with them. Our weakest link in my opinion is pass defense. A really good thowing team might give us some trouble.

Going ahead and calling a 45-24 Admiral victory.

However, I shouldn't be posting right now. Too raw a game.

Going ahead and calling a 45-24 Admiral victory.

However, I shouldn't be posting right now. Too raw a game.

I wouldn't say that at all. Farragut may be fortunate and get a close win against Maryville, but they may not, and there is no way Farragut blows out Maryville. Maryville is still Maryville. Alcoa is just a really good team with a good coach. They were just due against you guys. I wouldn't give up on the Rebels just yet.