Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a whuppun...Plane and simpull....Congrats two Alcouh.....This gaim reminded me ov tha '02 Hillsboro gaim tha way tha run tha bawl......Mairvul plaid 3 soff Oline and hit showed at times.....Butt we just couldn't slow 'em down....Thought Warren played a good gaim fer Alcouh.....Also thought West looked pretty good fer a soff fer Mairvul....Butt me....RebulllRon.... and evun mommaStars coulda got thru sum of tham wholes...... :roflol:

Just a whuppun...Plane and simpull....Congrats two Alcouh.....This gaim reminded me ov tha '02 Hillsboro gaim tha way tha run tha bawl......Mairvul plaid 3 soff Oline and hit showed at times.....Butt we just couldn't slow 'em down....Thought Warren played a good gaim fer Alcouh.....Also thought West looked pretty good fer a soff fer Mairvul....Butt me....RebulllRon.... and evun mommaStars coulda got thru sum of tham wholes...... :roflol:

The Alcoa OL, Toney and Warren on defense were excellent tonight. I can't think of any high school game (including state championships) that were more impressive than this game tonight!!

GO TORNADOS!

congrats to Alcoa , they were the better team . Alcoa will probably be the best team we play this year .... I hope our boys don't quit on this season like a couple of the previous posters with Maryville in their name have already quit on this team . I believe In George Quarles and the other coaches , and I believe In our young men working their tails off to live up to the legacy and standard that Is Maryville Rebel Football .

I too believe this Is the best Alcoa team I've ever seen .... they have speed , like always , but now they have depth and size ... and athleticism to go with that size .

I will jump back on the Maryville bandwagon when they get rid of White as the secondary coach. The guy is horrible. They got him from Lenoir City and he still coaches like he has the talent from there. If you watch the secondary he leaves in the same guys until the very end of the game (even when we are demolishing the other team). Every other squad has their 3rd string in while White keeps in the first string. This has hurt us because the younger kids don't get the experience that they should be getting. Typically Maryville has twice the experience of other teams because sophomores are playing mop up minutes for most of the 2nd half. Now 2nd string in the secondary is lucky to get even half a quarter worth of action. The guy really needs to realize that he is at Maryville and not in the county over.

Memo to all Alcoa opponents. As good as Alcoa was from 2004-2008 this team is by far their best team. Alcoa is very physical. No one will come close to beating this team.

I love this new tone among Maryville fans.

As far as Aloca goes, Because of their head coach- this is just the beginning in the series.

Let me tell you from experience. Coach Rankin does not play. Like or hate him.

Maryville isn't going to be very good this year. I live in Alabama now, but I can just listen to the names of some of the kids out there playing and I know we are going to take plenty of beatings.

You can tell by their names...what? :)

Pretty simple concept... I have known those kids since they were all about 4 or 5 years old. I know which ones are talented and I know which ones are not very athletic. When you hear the names of the ones you know are not up to the talents level that Maryville usually fields then you can tell that they are in trouble, especially considering the fact that Maryville plays in a tougher region now. To put it more simply... some of the kids that are playing for Maryville this year would not sniff the field in past years. They just wouldn't be talented enough or athletic enough to compete against the guys on past teams.

So, like I said, I can hear the names of the kids out there playing and I know that Maryville doesn't have a very talented team this year.

That sir is tantamount to "magical thinking" I know what you are doing (trying to rationalize a Rebel loss to Alcoa), but be careful that someone doesn't give you a diagnosis or come after you with a big net. ;)

Don't hate, just congratulate :blink:

Wow...finally. :blink: Congrats Alcoa!

Now, Maryville........it don't take a rocket scientist to take a look at Maryville's roster and understand they are going to be a great team the following two years. Even this year, as the youth starts to pick up game experience they are going to get a lot better! I watched Alcoa scrimmage both Farragut and Oak Ridge. Alcoa controlled the LOS and ran the ball like they did last night. In comparison,Maryvilles offense is better than Oak Ridges and will be on par, and in a couple of games better than Farragut's.

My thoughts is Maryville bounces back like Alcoa has after the M/A game. I think Maryville gets the wins against West, McMinn Co, Heritage, Oak Ridge, Bearden, and Knox Catholic. At this point Maryville will be playing Maryville football and ready for the show down with Farragut! Then two more wins over WB and LC and they be a threat come play-off time! ;) worst i see..........8-2,.....but I'm hoping 9-1. :)

congrats to Alcoa , they were the better team . Alcoa will probably be the best team we play this year .... I hope our boys don't quit on this season like a couple of the previous posters with Maryville in their name have already quit on this team . I believe In George Quarles and the other coaches , and I believe In our young men working their tails off to live up to the legacy and standard that Is Maryville Rebel Football .

I too believe this Is the best Alcoa team I've ever seen .... they have speed , like always , but now they have depth and size ... and athleticism to go with that size .

I will jump back on the Maryville bandwagon when they get rid of White as the secondary coach. The guy is horrible. They got him from Lenoir City and he still coaches like he has the talent from there. If you watch the secondary he leaves in the same guys until the very end of the game (even when we are demolishing the other team). Every other squad has their 3rd string in while White keeps in the first string. This has hurt us because the younger kids don't get the experience that they should be getting. Typically Maryville has twice the experience of other teams because sophomores are playing mop up minutes for most of the 2nd half. Now 2nd string in the secondary is lucky to get even half a quarter worth of action. The guy really needs to realize that he is at Maryville and not in the county over.

As I have been reminded by at least one poster on here, as a WB guy I have no dog in this fight, but couldn't resist this. You just lost a game in which the opponent didn't throw a single pass and you are jumping on the secondary coach? That's certainly interesting.

Congrats to all my Alcoa friends. Guys, I wish still we we had you on our schedule, even if it did mean that you might get beat 108 - 0. :?: Good luck the rest of the way.

I'm sure George, David, Jimmy and others have already started letting the Maryville players know, that although this was a pride loss, it has no effect on their region standings. Maryville will bounce back most certainly.

Thanks to both schools for bringing the "high school football spotlight" to Blount County this week.

As I have been reminded by at least one poster on here, as a WB guy I have no dog in this fight, but couldn't resist this. You just lost a game in which the opponent didn't throw a single pass and you are jumping on the secondary coach? That's certainly interesting.

I had to shake my head over this one as well.