Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

WOW!!!!! If I didn't know better I would think somebody on the Humboldt coaching staff is posting!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just joking.

Anybody care to post the enrollment of:

Greenfield

Bradford

South Fulton

Gleason

Halls

Dresden

And where does Humboldt rank state wide as far as enrollment for Single A schools? Seriously, I have no idea.

How many schools compete in single A and what are the top 10 to 20 as far as enrollment State wide? I'm just curious. Not tryig to start anything. I would just like to know.

And is Manassas legally a single A school for 2008/2009? If Manassas were to actually be fortunate enough to win the Single A State Championship will it go in the books? Just curious.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!!! If I didn't know better I would think somebody on the Humboldt coaching staff is posting!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just joking.

Greenfield

Bradford

South Fulton

Gleason

Halls

Dresden

And where does Humboldt rank state wide as far as enrollment for Single A schools? Seriously, I have no idea.

How many schools compete in single A and what are the top 10 to 20 as far as enrollment State wide? I'm just curious. Not tryig to start anything. I would just like to know.

And is Manassas legally a single A school for 2008/2009? If Manassas were to actually be fortunate enough to win the Single A State Championship will it go in the books? Just curious.

I am not a member of Humboldt's basketball coaching staff. The numbers I rattled off are easily accessible to anyone on the TSSAA website - just click on the 2009-2013 classification numbers. They do not rank them, so I couldn't tell you a top 10, etc.

Manassas is legal for this year, despite their advantage in enrollment. Reclassification happens every four years, while adjustments are made halfway through that period. Manassas' enrollment was likely still in the 400s when both of those things happened, but spiked when a lot of Westside's former students ended up there after closing. It's not an excuse for any class A team, but it is a fact that Manassas has 50% more students than pretty much all other single A teams. But, should they win, they will be champs.

its hard when teams have not been tested and it looks like Himboldt will never be tested looking at the schedule. 1 THING i DO NO IS THAT HB might beat LC 2-3 times this year but LC will gain confidence with every lost come regionals LC will let it all hang out HB will come to Memphis!!!!

Even if Lake Co. "lets it all hang out" they can't match the athleticism or size that Humboldt has

One thing that has always kept Humboldt from getting over the hump was lack of depth and quality size

Humboldt has 4 players over 6'4" that can dominate

The bench is endless with many seniors that can really play

Greenfield

Bradford

South Fulton

Gleason

Halls

Dresden

Yea Manassas would be considered champs. There are 117 schools in Single A for this year.

Enrollment rank School name Enrollment

(state wide not just A)

# 34 Gleason 169

# 43 Greenfeild 195

# 45 Bradford 204

#67 S. Fulton 248

# 72 Lake Co. 261

# 96 Union City 344

#107 Halls 377

#122 Peabody 412

#126 Dresden 419

#133 Humboldt 447

# 180 Manassas 615

Even if Lake Co. "lets it all hang out" they can't match the athleticism or size that Humboldt has

One thing that has always kept Humboldt from getting over the hump was lack of depth and quality size

Humboldt has 4 players over 6'4" that can dominate

The bench is endless with many seniors that can really play

Just Curious...I see you haven't had many posts ...Don't remember any from years past ..I'm sure Humboldt has picked up many fans this year with how they've played so far..I'm sure as the year goes on and they keep winning there will be many more..Probably be some fans that have never been in Humboldt's gym or maybe don't even like basketball very much..But you seem to know a lot about Lake Co..That even if Lake Co lets it all hang out..they can't match Humboldt..What game have you seen Lake Co play?For real..What game have you actually seen Lake Co play this year?We've usually played the same nights but I happened to see some of the Union City -Humboldt game because we were playing a team close by..And I saw Humboldt play Trenton because Lake Co isn't playing until after Christmas..So..I really want to know when you saw Lake Co play!

Greenfield

Bradford

South Fulton

Gleason

Halls

Dresden

The funny thing is that someone from the Humboldt coaching staff does post on here from time to time... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

All of the following I do not endorse as 100% true. It all comes from the T$$AA website and we all know how much you can trust the internet. (It is on the internet so it has to be true, right?) The numbers I am giving are different than what bbcoach17 and warmachine are giving because there's are the actual current numbers that will be used for next the next classification period (2009-2013). I am using the ones that are from the current classification period (2007-2009). So his/hers are more accurate, but mine are the ones that the T$$AA are using at the moment.

I am looking at a page on tssaa.org that shows enrollments from January 2006 (click on "classification" then "2007-2009 Classification changes) that are being used for the current classification period that we are in. It is hard to tell were the split is because it does not indicate whether a school has elected to play up a classification or not. I looked at the classification map and found 6 schools that do so.

By my count I have the number of Class A schools at 108.

Jackson Co has an enrollment of 494, making them the largest in Class A. Humboldt would come in at #11 with 433.

#20 would be Summertown with 411, right behind them is Peabody with 407. Union City is 25th with 391. Just to give you idea about the sizes of those.

Enrollment #'s

Greenfield 169

Bradford 208

South Fulton 244

Gleason 166

Dresden 432

Halls 383

Manassas has 358 which puts them at 36th.

Is there not a rule about a school who has 20% increase in enrollment?

Again, my numbers are old, but being used at the moment.

Just Curious...I see you haven't had many posts ...Don't remember any from years past ..I'm sure Humboldt has picked up many fans this year with how they've played so far..I'm sure as the year goes on and they keep winning there will be many more..Probably be some fans that have never been in Humboldt's gym or maybe don't even like basketball very much..But you seem to know a lot about Lake Co..That even if Lake Co lets it all hang out..they can't match Humboldt..What game have you seen Lake Co play?For real..What game have you actually seen Lake Co play this year?We've usually played the same nights but I happened to see some of the Union City -Humboldt game because we were playing a team close by..And I saw Humboldt play Trenton because Lake Co isn't playing until after Christmas..So..I really want to know when you saw Lake Co play!

I played with these guys in that infamous gym

I have lived in Humboldt my entire life

I watched film of the Lake Co. Trenton game

They cant hang, no way, no how

That's what I wantred to find out..That you haven't seen Lake Co actually play...But you did see Lake Co-vs.Trenton on film..That would lead me to believe that you're a player or a coach but doesn't matter..Also..haven't you ever heard that sometimes a team is quicker in person than on film?I've admitted that Humboldt is very impressive..this should be their year with all those seniors that are listed in the Christmas pamphlet..Now..You are judging Lake Co on the Trenton film..What if we had film of Humboldt-Dyersburg...Humboldt-Middleton..Or even Humboldt-Dresden..Most people thought Humboldt would beat Dresden 40 to 50 points...Humboldt won by 24 I believe...Lake Co won by about 16 against Dresden..after Lake Co started 3 freshmen..fell behind about 22-4..So take in effect that Lake Co came back from 18 points down and won by 16..wasn't too bad..And Russell Avery didn't play at all that game..So no matter being behind by 18 points..credit Dresden for that..But...Lake Co still beat Dresden by about 16 points...Without Russel Avery..I'm sure Russell Avery would have been worth the extra 8 to 10 points yall beat Dresden by..Russell Avery had 20 points againt Trenton..I'm sure you saw those 3's he hit on film..and those blocks..And the tip in that the official blew saying the ball was in the cylinder..And the dunk by Patrick Robertson on the last play...Maybe I need to try to look at film of Humboldt-Dresden..To see if Humboldt winning by 24-26 points was any more impressive than Lake Co winning by 16 points without Russell Avery...I'm sure he would have blocked some shots..had a few rebounds..and lets see...if he scored what you usually does..about 16-20 points a game...Lake co probably would have won by 32 points...And if he had played at all..Lake Co mat have not gottten bebehind by 18 points..Had that not happened..Lake Co may have won by 40 points or more..Let me just say..Can't go by 1 game against another..I would bet Union City doesn't shoot that poorly against Humboldt next game..And Union City liked to have lost against South Fulton,a team Lake Co beat by over 20 points..Lake Co is going to lose some games..I can see them losing to Union City..maybe even Greenfield..I don't believe there's a team that can't be beaten on a given night..Manassas has found that out already...A couple years ago Union City was stunned against Humboldt..Lake Co thought after that happened...that Lake Co was pretty well going to be in the championship game..But Lake Co lost to Trenton on a lay-up at the buzzer..a team that they had beaten probably by over 20 points both games earlier..So..film doesn't always tell the whole story..!

Are you talking about that gym that Lake Co played in a few seasons ago against Toylon Smith,Kelcey Rose and everyone thought Humboldt was going to win by 20 points because Humboldt had beaten Union City ....Is that the gym?..lol..If I remember correctly..Lake Co made that their practice gym because just like now..Nobody thought Lake Co could beat that team..especially at Humboldt..But Lake Co won by about 26 points...lol..And the thing is..I believe Lake Co beat Humboldt every time they played that year...But because of Lake Co being pared against Union City..Humboldt went to the Boro with a team that couldn't beat Lake Co...

I am not a member of Humboldt's basketball coaching staff. The numbers I rattled off are easily accessible to anyone on the TSSAA website - just click on the 2009-2013 classification numbers. They do not rank them, so I couldn't tell you a top 10, etc.

Manassas is legal for this year, despite their advantage in enrollment. Reclassification happens every four years, while adjustments are made halfway through that period. Manassas' enrollment was likely still in the 400s when both of those things happened, but spiked when a lot of Westside's former students ended up there after closing. It's not an excuse for any class A team, but it is a fact that Manassas has 50% more students than pretty much all other single A teams. But, should they win, they will be champs.

Let see

Manassas killed Northside 758

beat Carver 714

Play Craigmont 1217

Play Ridgeway 1330

beat Hamilton 1341

Whiteststion 2100 kids just lost to Craigmont 1217!!!!

You can have 100 kids!!! If 15 of them cvan play basketball you can beat anybody!!!!