New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

balleret, I get where you are coming from. I can certainly understand how HS are having such a hard time in getting coaches. It is really an impossible job for many reasons, not the least is that when a coach comes in and trys to instill discipline and then is raked over the coals by parents and the community because little johnny or little susie is not playing or they are dismissed from the team because they violate one of his unreasonable rules. As has been said, win, win, win, but make sure that you do it with my precious child. Good luck to whomever they select, they are sure going to need it along with some divine intervention.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the sun must be good for football. Let's see, the current High School Football National Champions and College Football National Champions are from which state? Oh, I forgot, you already knew that. One thing Ole Dad does know is about interviewing and hiring the best, most qualified and dedicated employees. It doesn't matter if they are teachers, coaches or engineers the qualities you look for are the same. Including all the Stakeholders in the process is a little important. I'll make sure that CoachT upgrades and includes spell check in the next version since that is apparently important to you.

Ole Dad

As usual the point was misssed completely by the resident genius. They are now clowns instead of morons. Interesting. Must be the Florida sun. Newsflash, Coach Gattis has changed the spelling of his name. This is becoming more comical by the minute. Can't wait for the next bit of breaking news.

Yeah, the sun must be good for football. Let's see, the current High School Football National Champions and College Football National Champions are from which state? Oh, I forgot, you already knew that. One thing Ole Dad does know is about interviewing and hiring the best, most qualified and dedicated employees. It doesn't matter if they are teachers, coaches or engineers the qualities you look for are the same. Including all the Stakeholders in the process is a little important. I'll make sure that CoachT upgrades and includes spell check in the next version since that is apparently important to you.

Ole Dad

Sure that the national champs in Fl apperciate Ole daas input on their coaching hires, You should apply to help OR in their search , they would very much apperciate someone helping them to NAIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

It would seem that someone who is an expert in everything would know how to spell a persons name that he thinks is the answer to the OR coaching search. It is hard to have an intelligent discussion with someone that knows everything and it is time to move on to something more important than reading about a person patting themselves on the back. This person is out of here. The horse is dead and the meat is rotten.

When Bailey, Green, Carringer and Mullins are replaced the new staff will be able to do a proper search next time with participation from the people that actually pay their salaries. Their main problem is they want to operate in a vacuum and none of them are inteeigent enough or qualified enough to do their jobs. If they were good leaders they would seek input from ALL the stakeholders. But alas, they are all morons.

Ole Dad

Mullins is doing OK, its the ones above him you mention that need to focus on football more, they are doing the head in the sand thing and letting Mullins do all the work (and take the fall if it doesn't work out), which is good, because he will do better then they would, and he would do a lot more for the Football Program if he could shake the shackles from above...so....we need to keep the Upper Administration's feet to the fire in supporting the football program with $$$ etc. even after the new hire is made for Head Coach. I think we will get a good one, and it may be someone not even on the radar screen right now...someone that we don't even know his name right now...I think most of the mentioned frontrunners on here will either not apply or not be in the hunt at the end....stay tuned!!

It would seem that someone who is an expert in everything would know how to spell a persons name that he thinks is the answer to the OR coaching search. It is hard to have an intelligent discussion with someone that knows everything and it is time to move on to something more important than reading about a person patting themselves on the back. This person is out of here. The horse is dead and the meat is rotten.

"I think we all (or most of us) know who the jerk and idiot is in this conversation. Move on to something else."

Well, aren't you just a modern day Judge Ito. Or should I say Barney Fife. If you're finished with a live thread, leave. Don't go away mad, just go away! Who are you to make such determinations? If you have control over a thread you don't like, close it. Otherwise, let people fuss if they want to.

021putt,

You are so full of #@$%. I know you love to hear yourself talk, but give it a rest! Right or wrong you take it to a new level. I would love to buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth! Your post's are so ridiculous, quit hiding behind the keyboards. You speak as if you are the only one who has an opinion on this topic! Let go of the teet and take a big breath, this isn't about being wrong or right! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree, playing at UT does not mean that you are automatically a good coach. I have coached with some guys that played at that level that couldn't coach a powder puff team let alone Oak Ridge High school. Great player does not equal great coach. I dont know Chip he might be a good coach. But, they must look at his coaching resume. Does he have head coaching experience? Is he the best candidate or are there guys that have already won a state championship at this level? I dont have the answers Im on the outside looking in. The best coach might be someone that has never been heard of. They may have never played college ball, but might have already proven themselves in the high school ranks as a head coach. The point Im making is you dont just pick up a resume & say hey he played at UT hire him. If Tony Robinson were to apply would they hire him?

First off, I said he should be on the short list. In other words, they should take a very close look at his resume. I'm not saying go hire the guy just because he played for UT. But if you look at his football experience, there's not many guys with a list of accomplishments like that anywhere.

member of the college football Hall of Fame

2 Jacobs trophies for best lineman in the country

2 time first team All American

3 time first team All SEC

I think these accomplishments demonstrate the guy's love for football, desire to be excellent, and committment to hard work. I also think having 30 years coaching experience at both hs and college level, as well as being the son of a 40 year tenure high school coach. I think it's safe to say that football is the man's life. Plus, from what I've been told about him and judging by what he's said, he loves to motivate and teach the kids both on and off the field, and mold them into good students and athletes. I'm not saying he is the best candidate, I'm just saying I hope they take a good hard look at him.