New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

The coach is a done deal. Not from OR. Ron had no chance.

Ole Dad

I'm very confused. Why are interviews still being conducted? The decision was made at least three weeks ago. A done deal he says.

Come on, Ole Dad. Let us in on the secret. Or at least say there is a miniscule chance that your top-secret, ultra connected, infalible connections could be wrong (for the first time). You must be some kind of double naught spy to know the real scoop. Maybe you're psychic (Miss Cleo?).

Some call it the "Fonzie Syndrome". Repeat after me, ???I was wr . . . wro . . . wro . . . wr . . . .???

And please answer the question bladerunner has asked you four times. Your credibility is in decline.

"It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character.??? Dale E. Turner

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interviews are a ruse. I answered the question.

Ole Dad

I can respect your position. That is possible. Can I assume you are unhappy with the Choice?

Knowing Bailey's history - he's hired an Eskimo woman with a limp and a learning disability just to prove how progressive we are here in Oak Ridge.

I can respect your position. That is possible. Can I assume you are unhappy with the Choice?

Knowing Bailey's history - he's hired an Eskimo woman with a limp and a learning disability just to prove how progressive we are here in Oak Ridge.

He/She/It would also have to be a vegatarian, gay or at least a cross dresser also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You have smoked me out. Now that is funny, and true.

Ole Dad

quote name='OR nole' date='Jan 22 2009 - 03:43 PM' post='827013114']

I contend she could still do a better job than Stevens. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Whoever is hired will not be able to bring in a whole new staff. The assistants will have to fit into certified teaching openings, which are few and far between in Oak Ridge. It is a very tricky situation and it won't be easy. Which means that some of the assistants will have to stay on board, because even if they don't coach they won't give up their teaching positions. The new coach better have a couple of good "volunteer" coaches willing to come help him.

According to the newspaper article they are STILL accepting applications even though they are interviewing. When are they going to cut off the applications or are they wanting for a special one?

I hate to break it to them but Vince Lombardi and Bear Bryant are NOT going to apply! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

All applications are done online through the website. You can submit one anytime you want to. That doesn't mean they're going to talk to every person that submits one. They have targeted about 10 guys and they will talk to them a few at a time each day until they hear what they want to hear. If they don't hear what they want to hear, they will keep talking to people until they do. It's not rocket science, that is how all job interviews work. Of course they want Rankin and Quarrels but so does everybody else, they ain't interested, so you logically try to figure out who is the best out of the people that did apply. They have hired a coach to run the weight room in the meantime and it's going very well, alot better than any other recent off season, more numbers and better program. I expect them to announce the new head coach very soon.