New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, this post has made it all the way to 51. That reminds me lf the worst "butt-thumpin" OR ever took. The great Dumplin Valley Massacre of 1987. Jeff. Co 51 - OR 0. Still brings a tear to my eye (of joy of course).

The answer to rallykat is that yes your program has become much less attractive than you like, a lot like the program that is near and dear to my heart. The problems facing both of these once proud programs are the same. THEY CAN'T GET QUALITY ASSISTANTS, but for opposite reasons. At OR they cannot get coaches teaching jobs because no one ever leaves because of the $$$. At Jeff., money is also the issue, but on the other end. It is one of the lowest paying counties in the state. I hope OR can get a quality coach and reestablish themselves, just as I hope Jeff. Co. will as well.

Just my two cents as a fan of high school football. Coach Wells has done a tremendous job at CCHS. His teeams have always given us fits through the years.

Book it! It's been an ongoing process. He's had his eye on Hillsboro and McGavock since the day he took over at SH. I talked to him and he's known SH was a mistake since day 1.

That may or may not be true but I just dont think he would be back in metro any time soon. If I remember right he burned that bridge with SB. SS may want to come back but SB may not want SS back. If he actually knew it was a mistake since day one then he wouldnt have done it and he would have ended up at Centennial along with runtheball and one of runtheball's old buddies.

Dang, this post has made it all the way to 51. That reminds me lf the worst "butt-thumpin" OR ever took. The great Dumplin Valley Massacre of 1987. Jeff. Co 51 - OR 0. Still brings a tear to my eye (of joy of course).

The answer to rallykat is that yes your program has become much less attractive than you like, a lot like the program that is near and dear to my heart. The problems facing both of these once proud programs are the same. THEY CAN'T GET QUALITY ASSISTANTS, but for opposite reasons. At OR they cannot get coaches teaching jobs because no one ever leaves because of the $$$. At Jeff., money is also the issue, but on the other end. It is one of the lowest paying counties in the state. I hope OR can get a quality coach and reestablish themselves, just as I hope Jeff. Co. will as well.

Just my two cents as a fan of high school football. Coach Wells has done a tremendous job at CCHS. His teeams have always given us fits through the years.

That was a cold night for OR fans. The score was higher than the temperature.

Where did you get your information about the middle school schedules? I don't know about Jefferson but Robertsville played all of those teams last year and have been playing them.

The middle schools do have some talented athletes coming up though, but that's always been the case. The problem is like someone said earlier, it won't matter if those athletes can't stay in school.

I got my information from Bill Byas the HC at Jefferson. Both Jefferson and R'Ville switched leagues this season to a league with Rockwood, Wartburg, Oliver Springs, etc. R'ville actually pulled out of the league with Jacksboro, Clinton, etc. first and then Jefferson followed suit.

Not sure what R'Ville's schedule is, but Jefferson is playing Maryville, Rockwood, Wartburg, Oliver Springs, and Robertsville at home and is going to CAK, Grace Christian, and Cherokee.

I got my information from Bill Byas the HC at Jefferson. Both Jefferson and R'Ville switched leagues this season to a league with Rockwood, Wartburg, Oliver Springs, etc. R'ville actually pulled out of the league with Jacksboro, Clinton, etc. first and then Jefferson followed suit.

Not sure what R'Ville's schedule is, but Jefferson is playing Maryville, Rockwood, Wartburg, Oliver Springs, and Robertsville at home and is going to CAK, Grace Christian, and Cherokee.

Gotcha, I thought you meant they hadn't been playing those teams.

Don't know if it's true or not, but rumor has it that the job was offered to the Hillsboro coach and was turned down.

That may or may not be true but I just dont think he would be back in metro any time soon. If I remember right he burned that bridge with SB. SS may want to come back but SB may not want SS back. If he actually knew it was a mistake since day one then he wouldnt have done it and he would have ended up at Centennial along with runtheball and one of runtheball's old buddies.

SB is about to be irrelevant. Hanging it up. Gilligan's back in metro. Book it!

Think about it, if your choices were to coach with runtheball or move to East Tennessee you'd hop a plane, too. He's coming back...B-O-O-K I-T!!!