Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

please learn to use "." 's at the end of your thoughts or sentences. this is just a crazy long run on sentence and it is hard to read. Bottom line, Rankin left because he knew he was not going to win with what was coming up the pipeline. When the well went dry, rankin went looking for more water somewhere else. he would not, could not stand the thought of an oakland or bulldog team defeating him. the shame would have killed him. but he knew it was coming and the only way to avoid it was to leave. you make it sound like it was another job at another place kind of leaving, well it was not. he told his coaches that he hated the 2004 freshman class (this past years seniors) and that the talent behind them was worst than them and be prepared that he very well could be leaving after the 2004 season and he did. you must have started drinking that egg nog?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please learn to use "." 's at the end of your thoughts or sentences. this is just a crazy long run on sentence and it is hard to read. Bottom line, Rankin left because he knew he was not going to win with what was coming up the pipeline. When the well went dry, rankin went looking for more water somewhere else. he would not, could not stand the thought of an oakland or bulldog team defeating him. the shame would have killed him. but he knew it was coming and the only way to avoid it was to leave. you make it sound like it was another job at another place kind of leaving, well it was not. he told his coaches that he hated the 2004 freshman class (this past years seniors) and that the talent behind them was worst than them and be prepared that he very well could be leaving after the 2004 season and he did. you must have started drinking that egg nog?

Since you have taken it upon yourself to correct others, you might want to start capitalizing the first word at the beginning of a sentence. As for Rankin's reasons for leaving Riverdale, I am sure that the talent level "dropping" off was one of the reasons, but not all of them. There was enough talent there to win big the first two years after he left. How else can you explain Ravenwood, and Smyrna winning state championships? Aydelott has taken the program down the road of no return. That program will not get any better until there is a change. As for all you who a applauding the hiring of Bobby Wells as the DC, I do think he is fine person. I just don't see anything that he has done that would indicate he is a good football coach. This is just my opinion.....probably a wrong one.

Since you have taken it upon yourself to correct others, you might want to start capitalizing the first word at the beginning of a sentence. As for Rankin's reasons for leaving Riverdale, I am sure that the talent level "dropping" off was one of the reasons, but not all of them. There was enough talent there to win big the first two years after he left. How else can you explain Ravenwood, and Smyrna winning state championships? Aydelott has taken the program down the road of no return. That program will not get any better until there is a change. As for all you who a applauding the hiring of Bobby Wells as the DC, I do think he is fine person. I just don't see anything that he has done that would indicate he is a good football coach. This is just my opinion.....probably a wrong one.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying the talent was there to win big because Ravenwood and Smyrna won state championships. Whats the correlation?

Welcome to mine and mr. riverdaleman's world "blueraiderboy". We have really enjoyed our back and forth, give and take, online conversation and now you want to jump in, so welcome! I'm not looking for perfect punctuation, just enough to bring clarity to the conversation. Matter of fact: see below for the definition.

punctuation: the practice or system of using certain conventional marks or characters in writing or printing in order to separate elements and make the meaning clear, as in ending a sentence or separating clauses.

that's all were asking for blueraiderboy! And just a little is needed inorder to make things clear.

Now to the next thought. Riverdale did win those first two years, just did not win it all. There is NO shame to how those teams played. Excellent high school football for sure. But last year, there were not enough horses in the barn and you did not win. This will happen again for the next few years! Then if you are patient, you will see riverdale rise again because you have a really good freshman class from last year. That is the way it is going to roll in rutherford county for a while. Your opinion about Wells is pretty out of touch with reality. Bobby Wells has a long track record of being a good coach, especially as a DC. His defenses at blackman were really good and he is probably more suited for being a coordinator vs. a head coach. He also coached for 15 or so years with Coach Shad and the bulldogs. This hire by Coach A is a really good one for the program and for the boys.

look up the word, " ignis fatuus". This is the state you are in if you think Coach A has taken this program to the point of no return. I'll give you a hint. It is a synonym of "delusion".

Welcome to mine and mr. riverdaleman's world "blueraiderboy". We have really enjoyed our back and forth, give and take, online conversation and now you want to jump in, so welcome! I'm not looking for perfect punctuation, just enough to bring clarity to the conversation. Matter of fact: see below for the definition.

punctuation: the practice or system of using certain conventional marks or characters in writing or printing in order to separate elements and make the meaning clear, as in ending a sentence or separating clauses.

that's all were asking for blueraiderboy! And just a little is needed inorder to make things clear.

Now to the next thought. Riverdale did win those first two years, just did not win it all. There is NO shame to how those teams played. Excellent high school football for sure. But last year, there were not enough horses in the barn and you did not win. This will happen again for the next few years! Then if you are patient, you will see riverdale rise again because you have a really good freshman class from last year. That is the way it is going to roll in rutherford county for a while. Your opinion about Wells is pretty out of touch with reality. Bobby Wells has a long track record of being a good coach, especially as a DC. His defenses at blackman were really good and he is probably more suited for being a coordinator vs. a head coach. He also coached for 15 or so years with Coach Shad and the bulldogs. This hire by Coach A is a really good one for the program and for the boys.

look up the word, " ignis fatuus". This is the state you are in if you think Coach A has taken this program to the point of no return. I'll give you a hint. It is a synonym of "delusion".

A couple of things. First of all I am not a boy, and the second thing is I want you to translate this phrase. Usted tiene a un hombre aplasta de Aydleott. As for this years freshman team, I will agree they are much better than the teams of the previous two years. I would point out however, they were not competitive in the two games in which they played Smyrna. Now for Bobby Wells. You may want to check and see how effective Wells' defense was against Rankin's offense. The Warriors consistently hung half of a hundred on Smyrna when they played them. It wasn't until Wells left and Rankin left that Smyrna could beat the Dale. I am not saying that he isn't a good coach, I am just saying you can not expect miracles. Perhaps Aydelott will get the job done. As a Riverdale fan I hope so, but I just don't have faith in his system.

A simple wing t analogy

lets say me and you are going to fight

we each have a choice of up to 10 weapons each

I say I will use all 10 weapons available ( you now have to prepare to defend all 10)

You as a wing t fan say no I will just use 3 of them I always use

doesn't make much sense does it

adeylott left one state championship on the table a couple years ago running sideways behind the best o line in the state

A simple wing t analogy

lets say me and you are going to fight

we each have a choice of up to 10 weapons each

I say I will use all 10 weapons available ( you now have to prepare to defend all 10)

You as a wing t fan say no I will just use 3 of them I always use

doesn't make much sense does it

adeylott left one state championship on the table a couple years ago running sideways behind the best o line in the state

looks like he is looking to take sideways show west

remember the time and date that was said

Promises, Promises, Promises! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

'If' it is going to happen I just wish they would do it SOON! This is because R'dale needs time to get a replacement here and a staff in place for Spring Ball. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="