Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

Okay D, I surrender! But, after Zollman, none of 'em measure up in my book. We all have our faults I guess. I just think BJ is being too hard on A. It seems personal and may should be taken up in person rather than on here.

Predictions: Volunteer 7-2

The Hill 11-1

South 4-2

East 6-2

Crockett 7-4

P.S. Put all your money on Mine That Bird in the Derby!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central beat Volunteer 12-1...Swung the bats really well...Don't know what they have to offer SH, though, especially pitching wise. Balls fly out of that ball park...This tourney could get CRAZY /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Central beat Volunteer 12-1...Swung the bats really well...Don't know what they have to offer SH, though, especially pitching wise. Balls fly out of that ball park...This tourney could get CRAZY /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WHOW!!! Now that is what I would call an OLE-TIMEY A-- Whopping 12-1. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Back at ya! Got your OLE-Timey A** Whooping Also! WTG REBELS! Bet those DB parents ran fast.

It was a good game except for one inning that we walked 4 batters.The ump decide to call a hit batsman when the batter didn't even know that he had got hit by the pitch,talk about a fluke call.The pitch was up around his head.First time all year that coach Ritz argued with an ump on a terrible call.Not to take anything away from South ,Archer pitched a good game.

Both teams seemed about equal to me,South won but I wouldn't call it an A-- whopping like Volunteer got from Central last night.It was South's night. The DB parents didn't run anywhere.We walked out with class pal.Get you some.

How about them east patriots beating boone 11-7. way to go east.it has been said by many on this thread that anybody can be beat in the Big 9 this year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I said earlier in the week that I thought there would be some upsets. 4/5 for the weekend. Crockett beat THS.

And Central would have beat SH if they had not changed their minds and pitched D-No. I must say he pitched a great game or they could have still lost.

This was the day that the umpires changed the tournament. In the DB/South game, the umpire changed his strike zone during the game and Archer adjusted better than Harvey.

In the second game, the home plate umpire was giving Des 12-18 inches off the plate and Connell very little. He also blew two calls on the hit by pitch while trying to bunt and the play going to first where he signalled out then changed his mind.

In the third game, the home plate umpire being taken off in an ambulance was a big distraction.

In the fourth game, D-No was getting a big zone, especially with his curve and Harmon's was tight. the last pitch could have changed everything when Harmon was rung up on a 12 inch inside pitch with him being the tying run.

I just don't like to see the umps take the light but that is Big 9 ball whether it is football, basketball, or baseball.

i still think most of the games would have ended the same but it would have been interesting. Now it will be interesting since most of these do not have any other real good pitchers.

I said earlier in the week that I thought there would be some upsets. 4/5 for the weekend. Crockett beat THS.

And Central would have beat SH if they had not changed their minds and pitched D-No. I must say he pitched a great game or they could have still lost.

This was the day that the umpires changed the tournament. In the DB/South game, the umpire changed his strike zone during the game and Archer adjusted better than Harvey.

In the second game, the home plate umpire was giving Des 12-18 inches off the plate and Connell very little. He also blew two calls on the hit by pitch while trying to bunt and the play going to first where he signalled out then changed his mind.

In the third game, the home plate umpire being taken off in an ambulance was a big distraction.

In the fourth game, D-No was getting a big zone, especially with his curve and Harmon's was tight. the last pitch could have changed everything when Harmon was rung up on a 12 inch inside pitch with him being the tying run.

I just don't like to see the umps take the light but that is Big 9 ball whether it is football, basketball, or baseball.

i still think most of the games would have ended the same but it would have been interesting. Now it will be interesting since most of these do not have any other real good pitchers.

Having pitched in high school and college, I learned that you must adjust to the umpire. Get use to it, the umpires are going to make bad calls, just as the coaches and players are going to make errors. Either by good hitting or good fielding, you've got to take the umpires out of the game.

If the umpire is calling the pitch 12-18 inches outside, I'm going to live out there as a pitcher. If the umpire is tight, I'm going to pick up a lot of the plate. I found that you get more if you can show the umpire you can spot the ball. If you are wild and all over the place, you don't get much. Although Connell is talented, his emotions often get the better of him. You can't get on the umpire either verbally or expressively. I've seen Connell make faces when things aren't going right. When things aren't going right as a pitcher, you've got stink it up and make better pitches.

Having pitched in high school and college, I learned that you must adjust to the umpire. Get use to it, the umpires are going to make bad calls, just as the coaches and players are going to make errors. Either by good hitting or good fielding, you've got to take the umpires out of the game.

If the umpire is calling the pitch 12-18 inches outside, I'm going to live out there as a pitcher. If the umpire is tight, I'm going to pick up a lot of the plate. I found that you get more if you can show the umpire you can spot the ball. If you are wild and all over the place, you don't get much. Although Connell is talented, his emotions often get the better of him. You can't get on the umpire either verbally or expressively. I've seen Connell make faces when things aren't going right. When things aren't going right as a pitcher, you've got stink it up and make better pitches.

I meant stink it up. My fingers are too big for the key board. Sorry.

For some reason I can spell "stink it up" meaning to become more mentally strong!

I'll try one more time. You need to become mentally strong when things aren't going right. I don't know what happened to the computer.