Hillsboro Next Football Season

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metro headaches, out of control schools, no central office monetary support for athletics other then coaches supplements, and a weak, unintelligent principal at the school...even after a state championship season, very few coaches are after this job.

Metro needs a serious wake-up call. Maybe this is it.

Dr. Register is a smart man and I hope he understand how important athletics can be in rebuilding the image of a school. I hope he can read between the lines on this coaching position situation and understand what it really means when so few have applied.

Metro headaches, out of control schools, no central office monetary support for athletics other then coaches supplements, and a weak, unintelligent principal at the school...even after a state championship season, very few coaches are after this job.

Metro needs a serious wake-up call. Maybe this is it.

Dr. Register is a smart man and I hope he understand how important athletics can be in rebuilding the image of a school. I hope he can read between the lines on this coaching position situation and understand what it really means when so few have applied.

You make an interesting point. Last time, HHS hires a successful coach from another state. So far this time, MNPS coaches from other schools aren't even beating down the doors. Something's amiss.

read this article, Coach fitzgered is a great coach, great teacher, and most important his is a great man. He succeed at a school with far less resources than hillsboro (won back to back state tittles) always had his teams in position to make a deep run in the playoffs, and when he left Pearl Cohn. He gave coach brunette a great deal of talent! Plus Hillsboro has more community involvement in there program. He should pick up where he left off. Hillsoboro is already a great team and phyiscal. Coach fitzgered likes a powerful and speedy running game, and a defense that gets mad when they are scored on. Now with all that being said i think he is the only man from metro up for the job! He is a proven coach and a great leader, I got time to know the man while he was at pearl cohn. He will get it done. The question remains does he really want to. and besides it would be nice to see the Pearl Cohn/hillsboro rivalry back up and running although it will be weird for some firebird fans to see there legendary coach on the oppsing sidelines, especially at Pearl Cohn, but nevertheless good luck to both Coach Fitzgered and Hillsboro program

Blade was very successful @ Hillsboro & he should be successful @ Oak Ridge. The question is did Metro find Blade or did Blade find Metro? It is my understanding that Blade had family in the Nashville area and wanted to make a move and become a head coach. He was a very successful assistant in California at a top 25 program and brought a different style of play to Hillsboro. JMO, but I don't see Metro making contact with the top 50 programs in the USA to see if they have someone wanting to make the move to Nashville. That type of move would take a lot of work/effort and Metro seems to have the attitude that everyone should come to them on their hands and knees. Look for the new football coach at Hillsboro to be someone that has experience in the Metro system.

Blade was very successful @ Hillsboro & he should be successful @ Oak Ridge. The question is did Metro find Blade or did Blade find Metro? It is my understanding that Blade had family in the Nashville area and wanted to make a move and become a head coach. He was a very successful assistant in California at a top 25 program and brought a different style of play to Hillsboro. JMO, but I don't see Metro making contact with the top 50 programs in the USA to see if they have someone wanting to make the move to Nashville. That type of move would take a lot of work/effort and Metro seems to have the attitude that everyone should come to them on their hands and knees. Look for the new football coach at Hillsboro to be someone that has experience in the Metro system.

Metro can't teach kids to read much less look for a coach across the nation..Blade found them. The principal is the problem...Coach K is there already. No disrespect to Coach Fitzgerald, a geat man and community advocate. But his time has come and gone. Hire Coach K Manual and then leave!

Don't disagree, but the former HHS principal didn't do things the MNPS way. Why do you think Blade was hired? Not many people liked Blade. He was an outsider and different from the MNPS norm. They held that against him to some extent despite his success.

I think If MNPS makes this hire instead of HHS....HHS football will have enjoyed a tremendous 9 year run from 2000-2008. I am glad to have experienced it. It was an AMAZING run! Btw, I agree about the future coach. My gut feeling is the same.

Don't disagree, but the former HHS principal didn't do things the MNPS way. Why do you think Blade was hired? Not many people liked Blade. He was an outsider and different from the MNPS norm. They held that against him to some extent despite his success.

I think If MNPS makes this hire instead of HHS....HHS football will have enjoyed a tremendous 9 year run from 2000-2008. I am glad to have experienced it. It was an AMAZING run! Btw, I agree about the future coach. My gut feeling is the same.

What about Aydelott? Will trade for future scheduling, and a manager to be named later.