UNION CITY @ HUMBOLDT

BERNITHIA

Congrats to the Vikings....

Haven't heard a word about the game and by reading these posts still haven't....Just know the score....

If UC improves as much from the first game(82-56) to this game(92-79), I guess the next game will go to Overtime....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't know about that. Watching the game UC gave all they could give, I don't see much room for improvement. Now on the other hand, Humboldt can improve on defense. There defense wasn't what I would call terrible but it could really improve, and the free throw shooting I've never seen such. I've always been told if my Aunt had b--ls she'd be my Uncle, now just if we had made those 15 free throw we missed - the game wouldn't have been as close as it was.

I'm hoping we improve our defense and our free throw shooting and get ready to make a bold stand through out the rest of the season.

Vikings in the house Woop Woop Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about that. Watching the game UC gave all they could give, I don't see much room for improvement. Now on the other hand, Humboldt can improve on defense. There defense wasn't what I would call terrible but it could really improve, and the free throw shooting I've never seen such. I've always been told if my Aunt had b--ls she'd be my Uncle, now just if we had made those 15 free throw we missed - the game wouldn't have been as close as it was.

I'm hoping we improve our defense and our free throw shooting and get ready to make a bold stand through out the rest of the season.

Vikings in the house Woop Woop Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

So HB had trouble beating a UC team that lost everything they had and this is the best HB team in 30 years!!!!!! lol!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So HB had trouble beating a UC team that lost everything they had and this is the best HB team in 30 years!!!!!! lol!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Union City is still Union City...Maybe not as good as last year but they're much better than you're giving them credit for....Marshall is one heck of a player and so is Simpson...Both of those guys were hitting almost everything last night and really kept UC in the game...I mean, I don't know what more you want Legend...Humboldt misses 15 free throws and still beats the defending state champs by double digits...

Yeah that's gonna be a heck of a game! Probably another packed out house too.Humboldt needs to full court man LC not trap they are too smart & quick for it!It leads to 3 on 1 's down the court and LC will finish if they get the chance.If Crayton & Taylor plays like they did tonight I think Humboldt can pull out the W but they'll need more help from Wade,Porter,Campbell,and Dunbar.

I will say this and u know as well as i do they must play as a team! Crayton and Taylor are tough to handle and guard. As i said before i been watching sports for a long long time. We must remember offense is great but D-FENSE wins games in any sport! I wan't HBT to win as bad as anyone i don't live in HBT any more but i tell u this i am a HBT grad! Thats as been a long time ago before your time i go back a long way! It saddens me that the talent Humboldt has had over the past 40 to 50 years they have only two gold balls! 1949 and 1976 and 1981 runner up! Lets hope TB can learn when to call timeouts and use the talent he has! He has got 5 nonstarters that could start for any other school he's got to use them especially down the stretch! Yes they will beat LC if TB gets on the stick and gets that D corrected. Fans that won't be able to make it to the game 1190 am will carry it they ususally don't carry many road unless it is a big one! It is on a friday so it should be a pack house! GO BOLDT!!!!!

Legend, you're blind in one eye and can't read out of the other. We didn't have trouble, where do you see trouble.

Humboldts got it going on right now. Just chill and you'll get your dream game. When you are on top everyone wants you, and right now Humboldt's on top so quit crying.

Vikings in the house, Woop Woop Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Was this game ever in doubt?

Let me say this UC played and played hard they got within 5 points a couple times. Humboldt came out in the second half playing lazy basketball Simpson beat HBT off the dribble several times in the paint two or three HBT players standing there looking at him! Crayton and Taylor are a great combo but as i told HBT fans and i am a HBT grad. Don't live there anymore Simpson 25 points they could not do anything with him Marshall had 21. Hope i don't make other HBT fans mad! TB better start doing a better job subbing and calling timeouts at the right time! I been watching sports almost 50 years! 17/32 from the line must hit freebies to win in big games and played better D-FENSE! 79 points is to many to give up i know nights like that happen but this a team HBT beat 26 at UC yes they have improved but not that much! Poor D-FENSE it better improve before District and Region play then it will get tough! This is an old HBT fan saying if thier D-FENSE don't improve before T-TIME they will be coming home early. I know Crayton had 35 and Taylor 22 . I repeat i don't want to make anyone mad cause others will read this post. Simpson is 5'10 if HBt had played a team last night with the size they have they could very well got beat. After this won't say any more D-FENSE better improve or it will a short stay at the BORO! I say as a old HBT fan how old am i u asked i'm so old i fart dust! LOL HBT!!!

Let me say this UC played and played hard they got within 5 points a couple times. Humboldt came out in the second half playing lazy basketball Simpson beat HBT off the dribble several times in the paint two or three HBT players standing there looking at him! Crayton and Taylor are a great combo but as i told HBT fans and i am a HBT grad. Don't live there anymore Simpson 25 points they could not do anything with him Marshall had 21. Hope i don't make other HBT fans mad! TB better start doing a better job subbing and calling timeouts at the right time! I been watching sports almost 50 years! 17/32 from the line must hit freebies to win in big games and played better D-FENSE! 79 points is to many to give up i know nights like that happen but this a team HBT beat 26 at UC yes they have improved but not that much! Poor D-FENSE it better improve before District and Region play then it will get tough! This is an old HBT fan saying if thier D-FENSE don't improve before T-TIME they will be coming home early. I know Crayton had 35 and Taylor 22 . I repeat i don't want to make anyone mad cause others will read this post. Simpson is 5'10 if HBt had played a team last night with the size they have they could very well got beat. After this won't say any more D-FENSE better improve or it will a short stay at the BORO! I say as a old HBT fan how old am i u asked i'm so old i fart dust! LOL HBT!!!

D-fense has to improve noticed that last night, although in the end our players realized that Ryne Simpson cannot jump so they quit falling for the head fake. The kid is good but we helped him alot. When we played them earlier in the year Simpson stopped our fast breaks by taking and faking charges, this game we just pulled up long before we got to him or went around him. TB has been a thorn in the side when it comes to subbing, I've said all year and at every game that we are not going to win the tough ones with only 5 players. Back in the 80's trenton subbed 5 for 5 every two mins and kicked butt doing it. We need to be able to keep everyone fresh and no one will touch us. I wish TB would see that. Wonder what keeps him from noticing that. That's all UC did to become 3 time champs. We've got more raw tallent than any team I've seen in 30 years from this area, we should dominate even more if we can get TB to see that.

Not to make anyone mad. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

ok you are going to be put in the corner because you keep repeating the same old bull crap. we did not have trouble and you would have saw that if you were there.

D-fense has to improve noticed that last night, although in the end our players realized that Ryne Simpson cannot jump so they quit falling for the head fake. The kid is good but we helped him alot. When we played them earlier in the year Simpson stopped our fast breaks by taking and faking charges, this game we just pulled up long before we got to him or went around him. TB has been a thorn in the side when it comes to subbing, I've said all year and at every game that we are not going to win the tough ones with only 5 players. Back in the 80's trenton subbed 5 for 5 every two mins and kicked butt doing it. We need to be able to keep everyone fresh and no one will touch us. I wish TB would see that. Wonder what keeps him from noticing that. That's all UC did to become 3 time champs. We've got more raw tallent than any team I've seen in 30 years from this area, we should dominate even more if we can get TB to see that.

Not to make anyone mad. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm glad u agree no u as the players to sub with around here like HBT! I hope he learns that quick because the tourament is getting mighty close! But to be honest TB scares the crap out of me! Hopefully he gets the D and subbing straighted out!!!

Union City is still Union City...Maybe not as good as last year but they're much better than you're giving them credit for....Marshall is one heck of a player and so is Simpson...Both of those guys were hitting almost everything last night and really kept UC in the game...I mean, I don't know what more you want Legend...Humboldt misses 15 free throws and still beats the defending state champs by double digits...

thats not what im saying im really giving UC props and putting HB down!!! lol!! what im saying is if HB that good why they dont kill UC!!!! if they barly beat UC then last year UC team would kill this years HB team so HB cant be that good!!!!!

Legend twists everything you say into a statement that makes Humboldt look bad. There is just no pleasing him we could've beat UC by 50 and all he would've said was we have a weak schedule.

yeap i would have said that but it would be true!!!! yall right I should just let yall enjoy those weak wins!!!! yall love those wins they same way i loved beating the #5 3A team Craigmont!!!! dont matter if the team sorry or good to HB!!! lol!!! just like lastnight Manassas killed Mase yall think I went out to party like i did when Manassas beat Carver, Hamilton, Craigmont, and Oxford, MS no!!! I went str8 home no redbull in clear!!! lol!!!