Father Ryan vs. Independence

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after having seen indy twice (and blackman losing both times...once by 2 points) and father ryan once...i think indy is the better team this year...BUT...word has it that indy is beat up as of now and might not be able to show up any where near full strength...so...it's a toss up if this is correct

when healthy...indy is strong from top to bottom...they have very few cracks or "weak" wrestlers

father ryan has there best guys in the low to middle of the line up and their up weights are their weak points

should be a good one...ding...ding

after watching the ryan ba match last nite it looks as though the ryan upper wieghts are showing improvement. they are not as weekyou think!

what i actually said was their upper weights are the weak points in their line up...not that they are weak...simply meaning most teams have places in their lineups that are stronger and weaker...and father ryans line up seems to be stronger at the low and middle weights... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PBD,

Read the article about your son going to the Naval Academy.

Congrat's.

Every man and woman who would sign up to attend one of the most prestige (?) academies needs to be commended. The state of Tennessee has certainly had their fair share of young adults attend these fine institutions in the last few years especially with what is going on in the world.

Congrats and best of luck!

We should start a blog about the many from Tennessee who have attended these great schools within the last few years. They are and will be our true heroes in the futre. if not now.

See, I am not such a bad guy afterall. I will acknowledge credit when it is due and your son certainly deserves it if he goes to the Naval Academy.

P.S. Is there not a beter time than wrestling season now?

PBD,

Congrat's.

Every man and woman who would sign up to attend one of the most prestige (?) academies needs to be commended. The state of Tennessee has certainly had their fair share of young adults attend these fine institutions in the last few years especially with what is going on in the world.

We should start a blog about the many from Tennessee who have attended these great schools within the last few years. They are and will be our true heroes in the futre. if not now.

See, I am not such a bad guy afterall. I will acknowledge credit when it is due and your son certainly deserves it if he goes to the Naval Academy.

many thanks hosierdad...we are excited and humbled for this opportunity for him...i'm sure you're not a bad guy and with most that i have met personally after first chatting on the T...i always enjoy them and our conversations...heck...i used to think BCB was a bad guy... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ...look me up if blackman is wrestling somewhere and you are there!

Interesting match up here, the established vs. the up and coming, I see this as being a good match, but utlimately going to Ryan depending on who gives up those bonus points.

Since both teams are tied for 5th in the state, I suppose there will be a true 5th ranked team in the state after this match.

Just curious though, I'm not sure who the 12 guys are that vote on the rankings throughout the state weekly but still cant figure out why Father Ryan (ranked 4th) was beat by Blackman (ranked 10th) and yet the rankings only changed from Ryan being dropped to 5th and Blackman moving up to 8th. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Some sort of god given common sense would tell me that the Blaze would move ahead of Ryan even if that meant that Ryan would have dropped to 9th.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If Indy wins I hope they can at least hold on to their 5th place ranking. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Since both teams are tied for 5th in the state, I suppose there will be a true 5th ranked team in the state after this match.

Just curious though, I'm not sure who the 12 guys are that vote on the rankings throughout the state weekly but still cant figure out why Father Ryan (ranked 4th) was beat by Blackman (ranked 10th) and yet the rankings only changed from Ryan being dropped to 5th and Blackman moving up to 8th. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Some sort of god given common sense would tell me that the Blaze would move ahead of Ryan even if that meant that Ryan would have dropped to 9th.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If Indy wins I hope they can at least hold on to their 5th place ranking. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Oh yeah actually all the voters are affiliated with Ryan in some way it's actually a huge conspiracy.. Even though those rankings mean so much.....

If your looking for an explanation, my answer would be that its all about matchups...FR may matchup better against the other ranked teams than Blackman. While Blackman's lower weights won some matches against FR, they would be less likely to carry these weights against other ranked teams. That's one of the great things about wrestling, because 1 beats 2 and 2 beats 3, it does not mean that 1 can beat 3.

I think the voters probably applied the "blind squirrel" rule. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I concur!

Congrats!

It is a beautiful campus, town and good eats!

If he makes through there the world will be his oyster!

PBD,

Congrat's.

Oh yeah actually all the voters are affiliated with Ryan in some way it's actually a huge conspiracy.. Even though those rankings mean so much.....

thanks MWR, I needed that confirmation.... feel much better now. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />