Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that I'm always anxious to see is which kids step up their play and fill the rolls that were vacated the season before. It seems the coaching staff always finds that kid to plug in and not miss much, if any at that position. I'm pretty sure there is some kids almost ready to blossom. GO OWlS!!!

The thing that I'm always anxious to see is which kids step up their play and fill the rolls that were vacated the season before. It seems the coaching staff always finds that kid to plug in and not miss much, if any at that position. I'm pretty sure there is some kids almost ready to blossom. GO OWlS!!!

Your right. Logan Hackett,Payton Bray,Rooster Denny and Logan McKinney last season were perfect examples. I'm looking for some like these this year. Shorts and helmets only drive me crazy.

Setting up on Owl St. watching them, I get a little anxious myself.

TE and DE are some of the concerns I have. Need to be able to block at TE and be physical at both DE.

DL-OL-Skill Positions_LB and DB should be fine. Need a little depth at OL and RB. I don't really know what they have in mind, but when the hitting starts, the picture will become clear.

I agree with you,they always have some to step up. Let's hurry up and get started and find them.

Yesterday I received my copy of this year's Murphy Fair Football Preview and I could not help but read the survey on Smith Co. A name that jumped out to me while reading their survey was "Henry Whigham" (a receiver and defensive back). Is this the same young man who has played at Gordonsville each of the last 2 years? I believe he was #16!

Howdy tell us about Cheatham County. We meet in the HOLE in a few weeks. Give us some insight about your team, names, positiions strengths ect. A few opponents have entered the HOLE and never came out !!!!!!.

There is really nothing to tell right now because even the fans around here don't know quite what to expect from this year's Cubs team. There are going to be a lot of guys playing in a starting role for the very 1st time on a Friday night when we unload in Carthage on the 21st of August. The last time Cheatham Co. was this young was 2 years ago when they took a bunch 1st time starters to Gordonsville to start the season. That season started out 0-6 overall before things came together late and the guys made the playoffs thanks to 2 thrilling wins over Creek Wood & Page. I certainly hope that this season does not start out the same way and I do not expect it to either. There are some guys who do have some Friday night experience under their belts and those guys are going to be relied upon heavily once the ball is kicked off to start the season. I look forward to calling a game from "The Hole" to start out this season. I am expecting an atmosphere much like what I have seen in places like Greenbrier & White House over the years. Please tell me that you don't have a train horn like Gordonsville had a couple of years ago.

Horn like Gordonsville??? Well, not really. They had a truck horn on a small portable air tank a couple of years ago.

We have a train whistle, mounted on a pole (just outside the stadium)on an 20 gallon (I think) air compressor. . It's like comparing a Moped to a Harley.

It's a little loud........especially on the visiting side.

You'll hear it at the start of the game....and only after scores and big plays. Cheatham (the opposition)kind of controls how much you hear it. :huh:

It's the same with the fireworks.

I've never been to a Greebrier or White House GAME, but I've been to a lot of other places. Nothing I've seen compares.........but of coarse I'm bias. Most fans that have been there (win or lose) will tell you it's a great atmosphere.

I think that's why we can dress 70-80 players. Coach Maynord does not cut players. He says it's a public school and if they want work to go through the practices they can dress out. Some need football worse than football needs them. Whether or not they can or will play, they love being a part of the program...........as do most of the fans.

Tonight is the team picnic....Monday pads....scrimmage Friday. The excitment is building. :huh:

i didn't mean to compare ours to gordonsville's,i was just saying that we did have a horn

I know.......that was for Howdy's benefit.I didn't mean to imply anything else.

He seems pretty fired up about the trip here. Being the radio announcer for the Cubs, he's been to a few games I expect.....but he's never been here. He's been to G-ville and appears to have been a little impressed with small town football in this area. I was letting him know , we try to take it to another level.

I've heard from a little birdy that you'll be seeing more of an air attack from the owls... Is this true?

If it is, I don't know if the HC will make it through the season... When I played he would've ran the veer the entire game if he had it his way :flower:

What years did you play for him??